Quantcast
Anyone travel to Mexico recently? - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone travel to Mexico recently?

My Ride
    *The First*

^Re: baggage. I'm pretty confident that zero checked bags are included, but I haven't been on a WJ vacation in a long time. The only way around that is purchasing the trip with your WJ MasterCard. Then you get 1 free checked bag per passenger.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by cidley69 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Going to stay at Barcelo Maya Palace next week with 3 kids, wondering if life jackets are available at resort? Are they complementary or rental? Or should we bring our own?

Flying on WestJet for a WestJet vacation. Are any checked bags included in the package price?

Any thoughts appreciated.
    Might be too late but for a family flying Westjet it’s worth it to get the Westjet Mastercard. Everyone on your itinerary gets a free checked bag. For a family doing 1 trip every year or two that basically pays for the card by itself.

I just got my tests results from being selected "randomly" at the yyc airport.. Positive.
    I tested negative before i departed back to Calgary 24 hrs before headed to Calgary. I have a home testing kit and just got a negative test result.
    I believe Alberta Gov't are just saying people are positive when they aren't to increase the case count

My Ride
    ute

Travel is such a pain in the ass right now, I have no desire to even consider booking something

My Ride
    Defender, Allroad

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    Travel is such a pain in the ass right now, I have no desire to even consider booking something
    If you were going to travel why the fuck would you choose Mexico to go to right now...or ever...

Quote Originally Posted by 90_Shelby View Post
    I know a few people who have done the video chat / self administered test from Air Canada in order to return from Hawaii. You take the test yourself, while in your hotel room before you fly home. It’s approved and no need to get results from a lab.
    This would be amazing if it's true. I'll have to call westjet and find out more about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by npham View Post
    If you were going to travel why the fuck would you choose Mexico to go to right now...or ever...
    Yeah sunshine and good times are terrible. Who wants any of that?

Quote Originally Posted by cidley69 View Post
    Going to stay at Barcelo Maya Palace next week with 3 kids, wondering if life jackets are available at resort? Are they complementary or rental? Or should we bring our own?

Flying on WestJet for a WestJet vacation. Are any checked bags included in the package price?

Any thoughts appreciated.
    If it's an actual vacation package from westjet, then yes checked bags should be included. One per person. If you upgrade to premium seating you'll get 2 checked bags per person. Things can change, so consult the actual terms they sent you. This information should all be included in your confirmation email, or a link in it.

My Ride
    rally pig

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    This would be amazing if it's true. I'll have to call westjet and find out more about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Here you go, I waited 90+ minutes to talk to an agent and she directed me to here
    https://www.westjet.com/en-ca/prepar...ns-for-testing
    115 USD$ for a molecular self-administered test kit

Also free cancellation is valid for flights booked until Jan 31, 2022 for now unless Westjet releases an announcement that they are extending it.
    We are considering buying extra travel insurance in case we get covid while out of the country for piece of mind so I'm calling some travel insurance tomorrow

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Just to add their free cancellation/change is only for flights, it’s not free for vacations.

Quote Originally Posted by taemo View Post
    Here you go, I waited 90+ minutes to talk to an agent and she directed me to here
    https://www.westjet.com/en-ca/prepar...ns-for-testing
    115 USD$ for a molecular self-administered test kit

Also free cancellation is valid for flights booked until Jan 31, 2022 for now unless Westjet releases an announcement that they are extending it.
    We are considering buying extra travel insurance in case we get covid while out of the country for piece of mind so I'm calling some travel insurance tomorrow
    Thanks a bunch!! I also looked at extra insurance. Manulife was like 368$ for the wife and I, all inclusive travel coverage that would pay for any interuptions if we got a positive result and had to stay down there for awhile. I priced out just the trip interruption, but it was like $600, which was kind of weird. So I'm just going with the all inclusive package that has all the extra medical insurance I don't need as I'm covered through work benefits.

This is where I priced it. I read the terms and seems like the only caveat that would leave you stranded is having a condition you didn't disclose before travelling, like heart issues or something.

https://insttrip.manulife.com/

BTW, I looked into this. Looks like you can go direct to Lucira site and pay 75$ for the test kit from them directly. Then just buy the 20$ video confirmation call from Azona. It's not huge, but the 20$ savings might be important to some people, especially if you have 4 people on your trip or whatever.
    Last edited by Misterman; 01-16-2022 at 10:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jabjab View Post
    I just got my tests results from being selected "randomly" at the yyc airport.. Positive.
    I tested negative before i departed back to Calgary 24 hrs before headed to Calgary. I have a home testing kit and just got a negative test result.
    I believe Alberta Gov't are just saying people are positive when they aren't to increase the case count
    Have flown back from the USA twice in the last 3 weeks. 5 random tests in our travel parties. No positives.

Thanks a bunch!! I also looked at extra insurance. Manulife was like 368$ for the wife and I, all inclusive travel coverage that would pay for any interuptions if we got a positive result and had to stay down there for awhile. I priced out just the trip interruption, but it was like $600, which was kind of weird. So I'm just going with the all inclusive package that has all the extra medical insurance I don't need as I'm covered through work benefits.

This is where I priced it. I read the terms and seems like the only caveat that would leave you stranded is having a condition you didn't disclose before travelling, like heart issues or something.

We paid $18.32 each through Allianz for insurance Includes extra medical and trip interruption if we test positive

My Ride
    Defender, Allroad

I didn't say go enjoy some sunshine, I implying you should go somewhere actually nice.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

People are weird about Mexico.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Non Baller Vehicles

Mexico I get, cheap and relatively close for sunshine and all-inclusive

What I don't get is North Americans who go to the Spanish coast or the Canary Islands for that type of holiday...it's literally the same thing, even down to the language, but with a longer flight

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Sorry… you think the Spanish coast is comparable to Mexico?

Aside from ordering your cervezas in the same language, I’d say that’s where the similarities end.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    I’ve heard the Mexico results show up within a few seconds of payment
    in mexico everything has a price even fake covid test results.

when are you planning to go? we still have our flights and hotel booked for mid Feb but leaning on cancelling it.
    we might just go to LA for 2-3 days instead
    Not worth the hassle for 2-3 days imo. Wife went to PS with 3 other people and they spent 2 of the last days trying to get everyone tested to come home(this was back in november). She was supposed to go again for a week in feb and took a look to see what testing appointments were like and it was even worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

My Ride
    rally pig

BTW, I looked into this. Looks like you can go direct to Lucira site and pay 75$ for the test kit from them directly. Then just buy the 20$ video confirmation call from Azona. It's not huge, but the 20$ savings might be important to some people, especially if you have 4 people on your trip or whatever.
    Manulife was one of our options for insurance.
    Was on hold for over an hour until an agent answered and we are most likely going with them.
    Covid-19 Pandemic Travel plan for 2 adults and 1 child, 8 days coverage is only 62$, includes Covid medical cost and trip interruption. $5000 coverage for quarantine accommodation if we need to.
    We decided that we will bring 2 laptops in case we need to quarantine in Hawaii for an extra 14 days lol.

Might call Global Alliance or RBC too but I suspect they will be more expensive. TD certainly were.

when are you planning to go? we still have our flights and hotel booked for mid Feb but leaning on cancelling it.
    we might just go to LA for 2-3 days instead
    Honolulu is for April, so I'm hoping some changes come for testing requirements by then. The UK dropped all their pre-travel testing requirements citing it isn't effective in preventing COVID transmission.

Quote Originally Posted by 90_Shelby View Post
    I know a few people who have done the video chat / self administered test from Air Canada in order to return from Hawaii. You take the test yourself, while in your hotel room before you fly home. It’s approved and no need to get results from a lab.
    Thanks for the confirmation, exactly what I wanted to hear.

Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 14 ... LastLast