Quantcast
Anyone travel to Mexico recently? - Page 5 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone travel to Mexico recently?

Quote Originally Posted by NoSup4U View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We paid $18.32 each through Allianz for insurance Includes extra medical and trip interruption if we test positive
    Jesus. Pays to shop around I guess. Hope it's not filled with caveats in the fine print.

Quote Originally Posted by npham View Post
    I didn't say go enjoy some sunshine, I implying you should go somewhere actually nice.
    Define nice? Last thing I want to do on vacation is spend half my day prepping and cooking meals, and cleaning up. Especially if I have to fly an extra 5 hours with a 1 year old to get there. It's pretty nice to walk into an all inclusive and just enjoy my time, instead of pretending I'm still at home but with warmer weather. To each their own though.

Jamaica certainly had nicer views, but not enough to warrant flying all the way to Toronto and screwing around there before even getting on the actual flight to our destination.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

who said anything about cooking your own meals
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    who said anything about cooking your own meals
    That's the problem, he didn't say anything. Hence why I asked for clarification.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I like Mexico. But that may not be the greatest vote of confidence given my track record.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post

Jamaica certainly had nicer views, but not enough to warrant flying all the way to Toronto and screwing around there before even getting on the actual flight to our destination.
    FYI WJ flies direct on Saturdays to Montego Bay.

So it seems like i got my wish. Got really sick with runny nose, headache, etc last night. And rapid test this morning showed a hint of positive. So great, I'll get a PCR and have a free pass for travel. But fuck me if i can find somewhere to get a test. AHS self assessment tool doesnt qualify me for a test. Cant seem to find anything in Fort Mcmurray where I can just pay privately that isnt specifically catered to business.

My Ride
    rally pig

So it seems like i got my wish. Got really sick with runny nose, headache, etc last night. And rapid test this morning showed a hint of positive. So great, I'll get a PCR and have a free pass for travel. But fuck me if i can find somewhere to get a test. AHS self assessment tool doesnt qualify me for a test. Cant seem to find anything in Fort Mcmurray where I can just pay privately that isnt specifically catered to business.
    I guess I can say congrats?
    Been secretly wishing that I would get omicron too for the worry free travel pass lol. Interested to hear what's the process to get your covid certification.

Quote Originally Posted by taemo View Post
    I guess I can say congrats?
    Been secretly wishing that I would get omicron too for the worry free travel pass lol. Interested to hear what's the process to get your covid certification.
    I called Drivercheck and they got me an appointment in half an hour. Drove down, they came out and did the test in my car through the window. Test result took 3 days, but it was positive. Super easy to just modify the info on the lab paperwork they sent me, so I guess I should start a blackmarket business just selling positive test results to travellers up here.

If you're talking about the process for the CBSA to certify you to come home. It sounded simple from what I read somewhere. When ArriveCan asks for your sample results, you can just select that you're using a positive result from Canada. Then it clears you to fly when you put the info in.

Shitty thing is I literally just purchased those self tests from WestJet /Azona like the day before I got sick. $230/USD for both of them with the video call included. I don't know if there is a market to sell these on Kijiji or something? They're no good to me now.

My Ride
    E46 M3

I'm still confused why having a positive prior test result excludes from having to provide a negative test result to re-enter Canada. Is that because there is a residual covid that will show positive even after you are recovered?

Also, do the airlines use the same criteria or do they require a negative test still even if you show them positive prior testr.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by The BMW Guy View Post
    I'm still confused why having a positive prior test result excludes from having to provide a negative test result to re-enter Canada. Is that because there is a residual covid that will show positive even after you are recovered?

Also, do the airlines use the same criteria or do they require a negative test still even if you show them positive prior testr.
    Its leftover regulation from prior waves where re-infection wasn't as common as well as some people still test positive for days/weeks after they are deemed 'safe' from their 5/10/14 days or whatever it is nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by The BMW Guy View Post

The theory is that you can still test positive long after you're recovered.

The airlines use the criteria set forth by the government. They don't have any interest in cutting their business for no reason.

My Ride
    rally pig

I called Drivercheck and they got me an appointment in half an hour. Drove down, they came out and did the test in my car through the window. Test result took 3 days, but it was positive. Super easy to just modify the info on the lab paperwork they sent me, so I guess I should start a blackmarket business just selling positive test results to travellers up here.

If you're talking about the process for the CBSA to certify you to come home. It sounded simple from what I read somewhere. When ArriveCan asks for your sample results, you can just select that you're using a positive result from Canada. Then it clears you to fly when you put the info in.

Shitty thing is I literally just purchased those self tests from WestJet /Azona like the day before I got sick. $230/USD for both of them with the video call included. I don't know if there is a market to sell these on Kijiji or something? They're no good to me now.

This the Azova/Lucira test kit?
    From my understanding it is transferrable but kinda grey area reselling. If kit and voucher code are unused why not. Unfortunately I already bought our kits otherwise I would be interested.
    Maybe if our kit doesnt arrive before Feb 10 lol. How long did the kit take to arrive?

Quote Originally Posted by NoSup4U View Post
    We paid $18.32 each through Allianz for insurance Includes extra medical and trip interruption if we test positive
    Did you have to use your insurance in Mexico? Was the $18.32 per day or total? Their call center is a 2 hr wait

The Allianz 10 Day Annual Medical Plan states "You will not be paid for expenses that arise from or relate to the following:
    • Mental and emotional disorders including acts
    of self-harm.
    • Illegal acts.
    • Abuse of alcohol or drugs including misuse of
    medication.
    • High risk activities.
    • Travelling against the advice of a physician.
    Travel to regions for which the Canadian
    government has issued a travel advisory
    "

The GoC Canada website https://travel.gc.ca/travelling/advisories has Mexico as well as the U.SA. listed as "Avoid non-essential travel". Would this waive the coverage for either area?

EDIT:
    I see they offer an additional insurance plan (COVID-19 Insurance and Assistance Plan) that does cover level 3 advisory (Avoid Non-Essential Travel).
    Last edited by Mogg; 01-28-2022 at 12:32 PM.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Blue cross sent a update saying they still cover travel even against the Canadian advisory's. Though I'm not sure how stingy they are about covering things if you catch covid before trying to return.

Quote Originally Posted by Mogg View Post
    Did you have to use your insurance in Mexico?

The Allianz 10 Day Annual Medical Plan states "You will not be paid for expenses that arise from or relate to the following:
    • Mental and emotional disorders including acts
    of self-harm.
    • Illegal acts.
    • Abuse of alcohol or drugs including misuse of
    medication.
    • High risk activities.
    • Travelling against the advice of a physician.
    Travel to regions for which the Canadian
    government has issued a travel advisory
    "

The GoC Canada website https://travel.gc.ca/travelling/advisories has Mexico as well as the U.SA. listed as "Avoid non-essential travel". Would this waive the coverage for either area?
    We leave this weekend. The policy is specifically for Mexico and stated on the certificate, so I can't see it being an issue.

My Ride
    *The First*

DISNEYLAND or DISNEYWORLD?

I don't think this is worth a new thread, but moderators can certainly decide it is and move it out of this Mexico one if they want.

Has anyone been to either Disney USA location within Omicron or Delta times? We have been itching to go since just before the pandemic started (you know... 23 months ago) and I'm wondering what it's like there and if they've sucked any of the value out of it.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Check state rules in Cali vs Fla. Could have a big impact on your enjoyment.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I have wonder if Covid would have fixed the main issues with Disney parks.

Namely overcrowding and lines.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    *The First*

I have wonder if Covid would have fixed the main issues with Disney parks.

Namely overcrowding and lines.
    MaxPass essentially fixed that in Anaheim when I was there in 2019. Orlando never really was intolerable because (being a much newer park) it was designed to better accommodate the crippling volume of guests.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Check state rules in Cali vs Fla. Could have a big impact on your enjoyment.
    I know there's a huge difference, but I'm looking for first hand experience.

Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 15 ... LastLast