Quantcast
Anyone travel to Mexico recently? - Page 12 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone travel to Mexico recently?

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by OTown View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Got my trip booked to Tulum/Playa del carmen. Early April.

Regarding COVID, I tested positive on a quick test months ago but it was during the time AHS weren't doing any PCR testing for regular healthy folks. So i never really got a full positive PCR test to even get the paperwork. Wonder how that works?
    Didn’t get a pcr test so doesn’t count, as far as arrivecan is concerned. You’d need a negative test to return same as everyone else. Either negative antigen test the day of or the day before your Canada flight or a pcr test 72 hours before boarding your Canada flight

My Ride
    Lariat 2.7 & StreetTriple R

Ok that was my understanding of the rules as well. I'm still well within the 90 days so unlikely to test positive on a quick test. My concern was that a PCR test would still get my testing positive (they say you can test positive for several months later)

My Ride
    TRD Pro

Ive heard it go both ways. Friends went and paid for a PCR a month after getting a positive rapid and both came back negative.. they were hoping to get a positive for travel reasons. They were told it depends on how strong the virus was and likely wouldnt last with a weaker omicron.

Down to 10 days till PV for me now!

Quote Originally Posted by Mogg View Post
    Has anyone used a positive Covid test from AHS to reenter Canada? Where did you get your proof?

I cannot find a document that meets the GofC requirements (name, address of lab, type of test etc) within MyAlbertaId. My worry is that some check in Nazi will not allow my test from January then I will be SOL at the airport.

From https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/tr...ntering-canada
    When you arrive at the border, you must present a valid negative test result (paper or electronic proof) or proof of a previous positive molecular test result taken at least 10 calendar days and no more than 180 calendar days before entering Canada. Counting starts the day after your test.

The proof must include:

traveller name and date of birth
    name and civic address of the laboratory or testing provider that administered or professionally observed the test
    the date on which the test was taken
    the type of test taken
    the test result
    Keep proof of your test results with you for the 14-day period that begins on the day you enter Canada.

Arriving without an accepted COVID-19 test
    Testing facilities and expenses
    Your PCR(if you got one) should have all those details on it. I had to pay for my own PCR since AHS doesn't offer them to anyone who isn't hospitalized. It was definitely the golden ticket for travel. Entered my info in the ArriveCAN app, showed the positive PCR results to the Westjet ticket counter guy when I checked in, then breezed through immigration when I landed back in Calgary. They did not ask to see anything when re-entering Canada, it was only verified by the airline in Mexico.

I believe there was a caveat that allowed you to use a positive test from Canada that has no information, if you get a doctors note to confirm your covid was real.

My Ride
    G05

So looks like they’re still enforcing face masks? Anyone want to comment whose been recently?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

On airplanes?

I doubt that one is going away any time soon.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    G05

Sorry, not on planes. I knew that one wasn’t going away. I meant in Cancun or where you stayed.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Just left Blue Bay Esmeralda today.

Masks required in the restaurants when going to your table and going up for food to any of the buffet or salad bars. They also give you a plastic glove for handling any of the scoops. They provide masks at the front if you don’t have one. Beyond that no masks elsewhere at the resort. Bars / pool area / hallways they didn’t care.

Shuttles they ask you to put on masks when getting on, most people wear them for the trip but some took them off. No one ever cared or said anything.

A few of the excursions required masks, similar to above, food areas or sometimes at the checkin counters where it’s crowded. But overall 90% of the time no masks.

Both airports and the flight require masks though, that’s not optional.

My Ride
    This and that.

Going this Saturday. I believe the antigen test requirement will still be in place when coming back on the 28th.

Been so long since did an all-inclusive, for a la carte's do they allow shorts. I feel like there being a rule that must be wearing pants and no sleeveless tops etc.

Quote Originally Posted by shakalaka View Post
    Going this Saturday. I believe the antigen test requirement will still be in place when coming back on the 28th.

Been so long since did an all-inclusive, for a la carte's do they allow shorts. I feel like there being a rule that must be wearing pants and no sleeveless tops etc.
    The rule is generally closed toe shoes and no tank tops. I've never had a problem entering with sandals though. I always wear shorts. Your specific resort might very.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by shakalaka View Post

Our resort did free antigen tests if you booked at the concierge ahead of time. Took all of 5 minutes to do the test. You can do the test the day before flying, even if it’s a bit over 24 hours with the current rules today. 10 am test on Wed for a 5pm flight Thurs is allowed.

Our resort said pants only, no shorts but a couple with us always tried with shorts and once got turned away and once warned. The other 5 times they got in without issue but it did seem the resort was much busier as we left vs when we got there so they may start caring more ask things book up. We booked late dinners anyways (830) to enjoy the sun / not rush back after excursions so pants were fine to wear anyways. Some moisquitos out at night so pants aren’t the worst

They wouldn’t let us book a dinner reso our first night because we arrived in the afternoon but you can just go to some of the restaurants at dinner time and ask to wait to get a spot anyways. There was a nice bar beside two of the restaurants so we’d just sit and drink while waiting to get in that first night. Then reservations after that.
    Last edited by pheoxs; 03-17-2022 at 11:08 PM.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I’m trying to picture what you would have to look like to be turned away from a Mexican all inclusive resort restaurant
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    I’m trying to picture what you would have to look like to be turned away from a Mexican all inclusive resort restaurant
    The adult only one the wife & I go to have mandatory long pants & closed toe shoes for men for dinner, no exceptions whatsoever. No buffet for dinner, all a la carte.
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

The pants and real shoes thing is a rule lots of places. The resorts are trying to uphold a certain image.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    This and that.

Yea I remember that being a thing. I loaded up on shorts so time to do a bit of swapping before heading out tomorrow. Haha.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

One pair of dress pants or chinos and some socks a loafers and you are good to go.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by Masked Bandit View Post
    The adult only one the wife & I go to have mandatory long pants & closed toe shoes for men for dinner, no exceptions whatsoever. No buffet for dinner, all a la carte.
    Yup that’s all it is, gives it a bit more of a formal vibe than shorts and sandals. Sneakers and any pants are fine.

My Ride
    Unit 91 come in 91

Im super excited they got rid of the testing for coming back. I'll be going to Riu Cancun next month... 3rd time going its gonna be a good time. Hopefully even less rules by mid April time.

My Ride
    Lotus and a Honda.

Just got back from Tulum last week, masks only needed in the restaurants and buffets. Buffets were handing out a plastic glove to dish food out. Other then that, you wouldn't know about covid....
    Cereal Killer.
    @iambrianspilner

Quote Originally Posted by Shlade View Post
    Im super excited they got rid of the testing for coming back. I'll be going to Riu Cancun next month... 3rd time going its gonna be a good time. Hopefully even less rules by mid April time.
    There's a decent dive bar across the street with happy hour deals on tacos. With the buffet food at the Riu, we found ourselves heading over there most days. A La Cartes were really good though.

Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 22 ... LastLast