Quantcast
Anyone travel to Mexico recently? - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone travel to Mexico recently?

Quote Originally Posted by cidley69 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone know if the PCR testing requirement changes for people that have been confirmed to have Covid already?

Our entire household tested positive through AHS testing on Jan 3. Returning from 7 days in Mexico on Jan 29. Will a PCR test prior to return flight still test positive due to residual Covid in our systems?
    I've heard that sometimes it can detect it, the tests can un unreliable. Chances are you won't test positive in Mexico tho, they don't want it to get out that a resort has infected people or their tourism will drop.

Anyone know if the PCR testing requirement changes for people that have been confirmed to have Covid already?

Our entire household tested positive through AHS testing on Jan 3. Returning from 7 days in Mexico on Jan 29. Will a PCR test prior to return flight still test positive due to residual Covid in our systems?
    I had family who tested positive who did rapid tests a few times afterwards. They had negative results each time.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Unless they’ve changed it does the arrivacan app not accept a positive pcr test within the past 6 months as a substitute for needing to take pcr tests to travel?

My Ride
    Bicycle

Keep your positive result, your family just got free passes to return without PCR test.

You must provide proof of a COVID-19 negative molecular test result to enter Canada OR proof of a previous positive test result taken between 14 and 180 days ago (starting January 15, 2022, between 10 and 180 days ago).
    https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/tr...ng-into-canada

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Quote Originally Posted by jabjab View Post
    Chances are you won't test positive in Mexico tho, they don't want it to get out that a resort has infected people or their tourism will drop.
    False.

I know someone in hotel prison there at this moment.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    Harley Nightster

I just got back to Cabo at the end of December - tested positive on Dec 24th via PCR - took a few rapid tests subsequent days as they were cheaper and all positive. Was suppose to come home xmas day but ya that didnt happen, and you're not forced to stay or isolate anywhere... I ended up leaving my resort and went to an airbnb in downtown for a few days.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by KO22 View Post
    I just got back to Cabo at the end of December - tested positive on Dec 24th via PCR - took a few rapid tests subsequent days as they were cheaper and all positive. Was suppose to come home xmas day but ya that didnt happen, and you're not forced to stay or isolate anywhere... I ended up leaving my resort and went to an airbnb in downtown for a few days. May or may not have snuck back in but
    Maybe you weren't forced to but they sure are. And it sounds like hell. Moved to a tiny ass room with no view, one small balcony that gets 2 hours sun a day but doesn't even have a table. Standard food menu, same thing every day. No access to alcohol. No freedom to leave until the test is negative.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    Harley Nightster

Seriously? Damn... Where did they stay? It was complete opposite where I was at. Ordered a bunch of beers the second I arrived in my new room LOL.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by KO22 View Post
    Seriously? Damn... Where did they stay? It was complete opposite where I was at. Ordered a bunch of beers the second I arrived in my new room LOL.
    I don't know the name off hand, something too long to be worth remembering but I know it's a new one and "high end" if that really applies to AYCE Bulk Barn vacations lol I just get updates every day because their ex is back here with the kids.
    Originally posted by SJW
    ^^ Fact Checked

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    Keep your positive result, your family just got free passes to return without PCR test.

I was reading this too. Seems like if you're planning to go out of country, your best bet is to just obtain some positive test result paperwork from a friend or family that you can photoshop your own name into. I've heard of people in Mexico getting scammed with positive test results and given the run around and having to pay more money to get their negative results. Would be cheap insurance to just have a positive test result on hand from Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post

Are the ones from ahs accepted by the federal government? I think they had a rule that pcr must be done outside of Canada, but I’m not sure if that is only for negative tests
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    '13 MazdaSpeed 3, Zoom Zoom!

Found the Gov Canada page that notes Covid test requirements: https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/tr...try-vaccinated

Providing proof of your result
    When you arrive at the border, you must present an accepted negative molecular test result (paper or electronic proof) or proof of a previous positive molecular test result taken between 14 and 180 days (starting January 15, 2022, between 10 and 180 days ago) that includes:
    Traveller name and date of birth
    Name and civic address of the laboratory/clinic/facility that administered the test
    The date on which the test was taken
    The type of test taken
    The test result

The Alberta MyHealthRecords (https://myhealthrecords.alberta.ca/) Covid test result page is missing much of this info.

Has anyone actually used a positive Covid test for re-entry into Canada that can comment?
    My Karma ran over your Dogma

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

A friend of mine got covid, delta variant.
    Her ex husband took the kids to Mexico. She picked the kids up from the airport. Ex husband and kids were infected. She got covid from them and it kicked the crap outa her(she was double vaxxed). So watch out.

remember the good old times when it was just the degenerate heathens who refused to get vaccinated causing all the issues???? Those were simpler times

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

Quote Originally Posted by jabjab View Post
    I've heard that sometimes it can detect it, the tests can un unreliable. Chances are you won't test positive in Mexico tho, they don't want it to get out that a resort has infected people or their tourism will drop.
    Not really true. I just got back a few weeks ago. I did the test at the hotel, and at the one I stayed at they actually did two (Gran Bahia Principe) tests, one as a nasal PCR and another as a throat swap antigen. The reason they did the antigen is to get quick results to know if they should isolate you (although that would only be the last few days of your vacation) and the main PCR test is the longer 48 hours for your flight. When we were there we walked around at night and saw what we thought was room service, but the resort doesn't really do much room service...and they had small little trucks with food trays out back....took me a bit to clue in that this was a quarantine unit. I am member of their club at that resort and spoke to the concierge guy and he told me that if you test positive, you can stay at the resort for free until you test negative, but have to pay for your tests to come back. At that resort it's I think $40 for antigen and $90USD for PCR...so it could add up, don't know how often they make you test.

For those that tested positive IN Mexico. What actually happened? This is a giant oversight of information on the Canada site. You're not required to show any actual test paperwork to flight crew for your return flight, they can check for a receipt for testing. So who is denying you entry to Canada?? In theory according to the Canada website, you could test positive, get on your plane back to Canada, then the border agent would likely direct you to quarantine when you show them a positive test result at immigration. Are people freaking out when they get a positive test, and then self reporting and being told to stay in Mexico? Or is this all handled through the arriveCan app, and it instructs you not to show up for your flight if you enter a positive test result into the app?

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    For those that tested positive IN Mexico. What actually happened? This is a giant oversight of information on the Canada site. You're not required to show any actual test paperwork to flight crew for your return flight, they can check for a receipt for testing. So who is denying you entry to Canada?? In theory according to the Canada website, you could test positive, get on your plane back to Canada, then the border agent would likely direct you to quarantine when you show them a positive test result at immigration. Are people freaking out when they get a positive test, and then self reporting and being told to stay in Mexico? Or is this all handled through the arriveCan app, and it instructs you not to show up for your flight if you enter a positive test result into the app?
    I believe the arriveCan app asks for proof of vax AND a negative result. I guess you could just land in Canada and say oops? take a test there and they send you home to quarantine.

They have always checked my negative test before getting on the plane.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

If you don't have the ArriveCAN app filled out with a receipt from that, you'll be fined something like 5k+$ when you get to Canada customs. On top of that I'd presume most of the airlines check the negative test requirements as part the boarding process. The same as your ID, ticket, vaccine status, etc.

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

Quote Originally Posted by lasimmon View Post
    They have always checked my negative test before getting on the plane.
    +1, Westjet checked our negative test which was sent to our email as well as the ArriveCAN app.

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast