Quantcast
Anyone travel to Mexico recently? - Page 7 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone travel to Mexico recently?

My Ride
    rs4, ram, 675f3

Quote Originally Posted by shakalaka View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Haha crazy! We are in Riviera Maya from March 19th for a week. Finally confirmation hasn't come through yet but most likely staying at the PARADISUS PLAYA DEL CARMEN.
    We were just looking at that place, unfortunately for November as we had kids that had covid and could possibly fail the test coming back. We do not have pcr test proof.

We are looking for a place for 2 families of 5 and the bill is roughly 16-18k. Was thinking about switching to a house with a private pool I havnt found anything cheap enough yet so might have to stay with the resort.

My Ride
    This and that.

We are negotiating through Sunwing for 8 adults and 2 children. Initially we were going to be 13 adults and 2 kids and pricing was quite sweet. With 8 adults and 2 kids, it's approx. $2300 per person for the suite (with double occupancy).

PS: Isn't there some sort of an exception of people that have tested positive for COVID in the past but are no longer symptomatic? A lot of our group has had covid before so I would imagine they would continue to test positive even if they don't actually have it anymore.
    Last edited by shakalaka; 02-03-2022 at 05:36 PM.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Sunwing. Jesus why do you hate yourself? You know real airlines fly there right?
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    This and that.

I am not organizing this one as another family is, but at this point, IDGAF if I gotta fucking walk there as long as I get there somehow. I am just hanging tight and letting them do the planning whatever they end up doing - as long as I get there.

My Ride
    rs4, ram, 675f3

I’m going through westjet, sunwing is terrible I’d avoid it if possible if you can’t at least book your own shuttle to the hotel. The worst thing is sitting on a bus for a couple hours as sunwing likes to do that.

I’m not sure what the costs are for us but I know they are charging much more for kids these days then they use to.

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Other than broken aircraft due to extreme cold, never had an issue with multiple Sunwing flights.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

We are negotiating through Sunwing for 8 adults and 2 children. Initially we were going to be 13 adults and 2 kids and pricing was quite sweet. With 8 adults and 2 kids, it's approx. $2300 per person for the suite (with double occupancy).

PS: Isn't there some sort of an exception of people that have tested positive for COVID in the past but are no longer symptomatic? A lot of our group has had covid before so I would imagine they would continue to test positive even if they don't actually have it anymore.
    If you have results from a positive pcr test within the last 180 days then you can use that instead of being tested to get back into Canada. It has to be a pcr test though, the rapid ones aren’t sufficient.

My Ride
    GMC Sierra, LX570

Quote Originally Posted by jutes View Post
    Other than broken aircraft due to extreme cold, never had an issue with multiple Sunwing flights.
    I’ve heard they have great parties in-air

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

at this point, IDGAF if I gotta fucking walk there as long as I get there somehow.
    I feel that!

I don't know that I'm even going to bother going off-resort this time around, just endless hours of beach, booze & buffet.
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

Had a return PCR tests today....jokingly asked for a negative result....swab barely entered/ touched my nose......moral of the story, just be nice and ask

There are clinics/ tents set up everywhere, they could care less about an honest result with the amount of bank they are bringing in.

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by NoSup4U View Post
    Had a return PCR tests today....jokingly asked for a negative result....swab barely entered/ touched my nose......moral of the story, just be nice and ask

There are clinics/ tents set up everywhere, they could care less about an honest result with the amount of bank they are bringing in.
    That's how to be a cool guy about it instead of a POS.
    Nicely done!

Quote Originally Posted by taemo View Post
    This the Azova/Lucira test kit?
    From my understanding it is transferrable but kinda grey area reselling. If kit and voucher code are unused why not. Unfortunately I already bought our kits otherwise I would be interested.
    Maybe if our kit doesnt arrive before Feb 10 lol. How long did the kit take to arrive?
    It was like 2 or 3 days expedited with UPS.

Think I'm going to bring these kits with me anyway, just in case there is some issue with using our Positive PCR tests from Canada.

Haha crazy! We are in Riviera Maya from March 19th for a week. Finally confirmation hasn't come through yet but most likely staying at the PARADISUS PLAYA DEL CARMEN.
    I would shake my head in disgust at you guys leaving Canada when it's already getting warm here again. But I leave for Mexico on Tuesday and it appears to be plus temperatures in Edmonton almost the entire week I'm gone.

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Sunwing. Jesus why do you hate yourself? You know real airlines fly there right?
    One thing about Sunwing, is you won't beat the flight times with anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by danno View Post
    I’m going through westjet, sunwing is terrible I’d avoid it if possible if you can’t at least book your own shuttle to the hotel. The worst thing is sitting on a bus for a couple hours as sunwing likes to do that.

I’m not sure what the costs are for us but I know they are charging much more for kids these days then they use to.
    That's literally every package provider. There's always some asshole who gets lost on the way to the bus and decides to sit at the shanty bar there buying drinks while everyone waits on them. Just pony up the 100$ to book your own private transfer with any of the umpteen companies that provide such a service. But it's nice to let the bus know you're doing that so the reason it's waiting isn't because it's waiting for you.

As long as you know on the front end that their baggage weight allowance is well below every other airline on the face of the planet, and that you can't get a proper first/business class ticket, it's fine. But yeah, I've had same experience as you it sounds like. I'd much prefer Westjet, but only Sunwing does Royalton resort packages, so my hands are kind of tied. Although this year I booked Westjet flights on my Avion points, and then just booked direct with the resort, so we got the best of both worlds this time.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBum5.0 View Post
    I’ve heard they have great parties in-air
    Only if you privately charter one of their planes.

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    As long as you know on the front end that their baggage weight allowance is well below every other airline on the face of the planet, and that you can't get a proper first/business class ticket, it's fine. But yeah, I've had same experience as you it sounds like. I'd much prefer Westjet, but only Sunwing does Royalton resort packages, so my hands are kind of tied. Although this year I booked Westjet flights on my Avion points, and then just booked direct with the resort, so we got the best of both worlds this time.
    Westjet is my preference as well, however they don't do direct flights from Regina and I'm too cheap to fly or drive to Calgary. I could care less about the in-flight experience as it's all about the destination for me. Suffer 6-8 hours for 10 days of relaxation.

My Ride
    rs4, ram, 675f3

Being on a bus for west jet is new for me, I see the option to get a private transfer now wasn’t like that 3 years ago or maybe I always got lucky getting a van or suburban. Either way private transfers are a must for me.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Private transfers are an option with every airline. Just say yes to the dudes at the airport.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Westjet is my preference as well, however they don't do direct flights from Regina and I'm too cheap to fly or drive to Calgary. I could care less about the in-flight experience as it's all about the destination for me. Suffer 6-8 hours for 10 days of relaxation.
    I couldn't even get direct from Edmonton this year. I have to transfer through Calgary as well. But it was premium seating on a Dreamliner, so I went for it. Then they changed all the flights and no more Dreamliner now. I was very close to just cancelling the whole thing and rebooking through Sunwing once all the prices cratered for travel.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Is this some special phrasing of “cab” in Mexican?
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    *The First*

Booked everything for Disneyland. Suite, passes, Genie+ etc etc.
    For years I've been saying that the Grand Californian Hotel is a stupid expenditure of bad value. I don't know what the fuck came over us, but if I booked it yesterday, we would've finally fell into that place. Instead, we gave it 24hr and decided that the additional $645/night (USD) was quite simply, retarded. I mean, seriously. It's a slightly bigger room with an added balcony, but that 5th person will still have to sleep on a hide-a-bed?...? No.
    Back to the Disneyland Hotel, it is. I have enough trouble justifying that even it is triple the cost of the Best Western an entire city block away (but off the property). I'm not setting fire to another $800+/day when most waking minutes will be at the parks, anyway.
    Now I can buy the entire food cart worth of turkey legs and a set of Lego bigger than my kids can carry - every fucking day - and still come out well ahead.
    What a stupid hotel.

Is this some special phrasing of “cab” in Mexican?
    Little better than a cab if you get the base level. It's a big transit van with room for all your luggage. Saves you riding with the Plebs on a bus to 8 different resorts for the rest of your day. You can go more baller and get an Escalade or something.

Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 17 ... LastLast