Who was to blame for the last F1 race? - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

View Poll Results: Who was to blame for the last F1 race

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • The FIA's decision on how to restart the race

29 44.62%
  • Mercedes conservative racing strategy

2 3.08%
  • Latifi crashing (i.e the ghost of Frank Williams haunting the race)

1 1.54%
  • Some combination of the above

18 27.69%
  • Max won it fair and square.

11 16.92%
  • Other

4 6.15%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Who was to blame for the last F1 race?

My Ride
    This and that.

Yea I don't take @Buster seriously on his jaded view of F1 fuelled by complete disdain towards Lewis for whatever reason. I mean I am no fan of Max, but I certainly don't hate the guy by any means, but for whatever reason Buster has got a hard-on against Lewis. Hope you get to give it to him in the ass one day bro. lol

My Ride
    Toyota’s

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What they ended up doing was the next best thing. They got all of the relevant back markers out of the way. From a practical perspective, it accomplished an identical outcome.

Unless someone really hates RBR, of course.
    This is the real kicker I think, lots of people making the case that only letting those 4(?) backmarkers through wasn't fair to the rest of the drivers, but AFAIK no other driver or constructor was close enough that the difference in points after one lap would matter.

I.E. Max and Lewis were fighting for WDC and had only blue flags between them. All the other battles (Leclerc/Lando/Carlos, Ricciardo/Gasly) had competitive cars separating them so one lap was extremely unlikely to improve their standings.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    I see no good reason why they didn't immediately get all the cars into their correct positions to maximize the potential number of final laps under racing. Doing that earlier could've allowed Hamilton a pit as well as Verstappen but they still would've been bumper to bumper when racing commenced and the outcome very likely the same (but more fair).

*But I don't know F about F1.
    That's what they should have done, yes. Immediate back marker release. What they ended up doing was the next best thing. Any of the other solutions would have aided Lewis much more than Max ended up getting aided.

Vettel and some other drivers have been lobbying for the backmarkers to stay put, and the leaders filter up to their proper position. It's probably a better way of doing things, and would have been an ideal solution in this case.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by birdman86 View Post
    This is the real kicker I think, lots of people making the case that only letting those 4(?) backmarkers through wasn't fair to the rest of the drivers, but AFAIK no other driver or constructor was close enough that the difference in points after one lap would matter.

I.E. Max and Lewis were fighting for WDC and had only blue flags between them. All the other battles (Leclerc/Lando/Carlos, Ricciardo/Gasly) had competitive cars separating them so one lap was extremely unlikely to improve their standings.
    If you took all of the labels off the cars and drivers and laid out the situation blindly, everyone in this thread would look at what Masi did and say "not perfect, but the best they could have done."

People really hate RBR though.

My Ride
    *The First*

But did Masi not realize that there were only a few laps left and it was an emergency to get everyone realigned? Why, why did he seem to take so long?!?
    While it does sound like he just might be a fucking idiot, this is bordering on suspicious.

My Ride
    ute

But did Masi not realize that there were only a few laps left and it was an emergency to get everyone realigned? Why, why did he seem to take so long?!?
    While it does sound like he just might be a fucking idiot, this is bordering on suspicious.
    I was saying the same thing, but I chalk it up to task saturation.

My Ride
    95B

Netflix and Liberty Media.

My Ride
    Defender, Allroad

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    That's what they should have done, yes. Immediate back marker release. What they ended up doing was the next best thing. Any of the other solutions would have aided Lewis much more than Max ended up getting aided.

Vettel and some other drivers have been lobbying for the backmarkers to stay put, and the leaders filter up to their proper position. It's probably a better way of doing things, and would have been an ideal solution in this case.
    How was it the next best thing if Sainz (or anyone else fighting for points/positions) never get to come into play because they selectively applied the rules? Lewis had an easy cruise to victory being 11+ seconds ahead of Max before he got completely fucked by the SC and then double fucked because Masi wanted to create drama. You're off your meds if you think that everyone would think "not perfect, but the best they could have done" if all the cars looked the same. RB and Max know they were given a huge fucking gift. I'm sure Masi is being sent new Thai ladyboys every hour for his help in them winning the WDC.

Side note, did Lewis fuck your mom/sister/wife? Is that why you've got such a grudge?

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by npham View Post
    How was it the next best thing if Sainz (or anyone else fighting for points/positions) never get to come into play because they selectively applied the rules? Lewis had an easy cruise to victory being 11+ seconds ahead of Max before he got completely fucked by the SC and then double fucked because Masi wanted to create drama. You're off your meds if you think that everyone would think "not perfect, but the best they could have done" if all the cars looked the same. RB and Max know they were given a huge fucking gift. I'm sure Masi is being sent new Thai ladyboys every hour for his help in them winning the WDC.

Side note, did Lewis fuck your mom/sister/wife? Is that why you've got such a grudge?
    I'm basing my comment on the fact that all of the other solution I've seen are worse.

Do I care about Sainz? Sure. Just not very much.

My Ride
    Toyota’s

Quote Originally Posted by npham View Post

The very fact that the safety car happened means the 11 second lead is irrelevant, it was gone the moment Latifi hit the wall

Anyone looking for XL gulf mclaren track jacket? I just bought one but it’s a little big for me. Willing to sell for what I paid
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    This and that.

I think there's a part in there when Masi first announced he said the cars in between Lewis and Max will NOT be allowed to go ahead of Lewis and will continue to stay where they are. Based on this call I am sure Merc didn't pit Lewis to put new tires on his car cause they felt comfortable enough that with 1 lap remaining by the time Max catches up Lewis will be able to hold him for a couple of corners. But then suddenly when Masi got bitched and whined at by Horner he changed his mind and said now they CAN pass Lewis and by then it was too late for Lewis to pit as he had passed the point. It was straight up fuckery and if you fail to see that you're just not being objective. Every other driver acknowledged that this was fucked up the way they did it. Lando is a best friends with Max and even he said, he was happy for Max cause he won but to 'win like this, I am not sure'. Even Alonso who has through out said he wanted Max to win said this was stupid and Lewis was robbed (paraphrasing).

Quote Originally Posted by yipb View Post
    Anyone looking for XL gulf mclaren track jacket? I just bought one but it’s a little big for me. Willing to sell for what I paid
    PM me details please. If I like the style and it fits me (usually XL), I will take it.
    Last edited by shakalaka; 12-14-2021 at 06:45 PM.

My Ride
    *The First*

Check it out! I've already figured out how this thread works:

The very fact that the safety car happened means the 11 second lead is irrelevant, it was gone the moment Latifi hit the wall
    sToP hAtInG oN LeWiS hAMmY!!!กก11!

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by yipb View Post
    I have a coworker that might take it. He saw me wear mine and wanted one even tho it’s sold out.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    This and that.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    I have a coworker that might take it. He saw me wear mine and wanted one even tho it’s sold out.
    Hey man, did you not see my dibs above?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by shakalaka View Post
    I have the same size. It fits me tight. Pretty sure you’re bigger than me haha.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

This is Rage-mothafuckin-2
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    111R, FL5, DC2R, E61,W201, E36, GSW

I think there's a part in there when Masi first announced he said the cars in between Lewis and Max will NOT be allowed to go ahead of Lewis and will continue to stay where they are. Based on this call I am sure Merc didn't pit Lewis to put new tires on his car cause they felt comfortable enough that with 1 lap remaining by the time Max catches up Lewis will be able to hold him for a couple of corners. But then suddenly when Masi got bitched and whined at by Horner he changed his mind and said now they CAN pass Lewis and by then it was too late for Lewis to pit as he had passed the point. It was straight up fuckery and if you fail to see that you're just not being objective. Every other driver acknowledged that this was fucked up the way they did it. Lando is a best friends with Max and even he said, he was happy for Max cause he won but to 'win like this, I am not sure'. Even Alonso who has through out said he wanted Max to win said this was stupid and Lewis was robbed (paraphrasing).
    Nope, Lewis was fucked way before the call was made on the lapped cars. Listen to Lewis’ radio. The lap the SC came out and he didn’t pit he was already realizing that he was screwed. He repeatedly asked over the radio why didn’t they pit with 4 laps left to go while under the SC and was told that they didn’t have the gap over Max and would subsequently give up the lead if they did. By the time Masi made the call to NOT let lapped cars pass the pack was already bunched up behind Lewis. Masi’s call regarding lapped cars had no bearing on Mercedes decision to not pit Lewis, Mercedes was screwed tire wise regardless. Lewis’ only hope was the have the 5 cars between him and Max during the restart and that’s the fuckery that everyone is talking about. Mercedes was not pitting in any circumstance here.
    Last edited by A2VR6; 12-14-2021 at 09:55 PM.

My Ride
    This and that.

I deff. know of the lapped cars fuckery, and had read online about the other fuckery I mentioned. Perhaps that was just rumour fuckery. lol.
    Last edited by shakalaka; 12-14-2021 at 11:42 PM.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Imagine if Mercedes pitted, and the rules were followed and lost under safety car. With no controversy. Mercedes strategists would’ve been crucified.

No strategist could have factored in what happened into their analysis.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    Imagine if Mercedes pitted, and the rules were followed and lost under safety car. With no controversy. Mercedes strategists would’ve been crucified.

No strategist could have factored in what happened into their analysis.
    SC are inherently random events. Over a session they even out.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast