Quantcast
Which previously owned vehicles do you miss, and not miss, the most? - Page 5 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Which previously owned vehicles do you miss, and not miss, the most?

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You guys were right. I was wrong. I'm man enough to admit it
    Name:  i-was-wrong-you-were-right.gif
Views: 410
Size:  2.80 MB
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Quote Originally Posted by cjblair View Post
    It’s never too late to cut your losses. There’s still 2000 other parts on that thing that haven’t broken/been replaced yet.
    The thing is, I still really like it! It does and is everything I wanted when I bought it... it's just taking up too much of my time (and finances) to fix it so often.

I really can't sell it right now even if I wanted to with the check engine light. Nobody will want it. I can clear it and it'll stay off for a week or two but it always comes back and I ain't gonna be one of those guys who claims everything is great, only to find out later you have a problem.

I can't help but think that even though you're right and there are plenty of other things to go wrong that I've *almost* got it where I need it to be to have confidence it'll take me from A to B without incident.

Almost.

My Ride
    15,000 red line

Miss: 1991 Honda Accord. It being my first car and fond memories.

Don’t miss: G35.

Everything that I want to keep, I just keep or replace with lower mileage one.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

This is the kind of optimism we need in the world
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

I’m in a similar boat as Kloubek with one of my current cars. Shit went sideways and one single pricey component is toast, but I really really like the car…when it works and the current market is making me feel really unexcited to replace it with something else.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

The thing is, I still really like it! It does and is everything I wanted when I bought it... it's just taking up too much of my time (and finances) to fix it so often.
    Sounds like my Audi. Spent money on it like it was a boat because I loved driving it, but after several years of that I just couldn't hold the "grenade without a pin" any longer.

I would still take the Audi back before the Mustang though
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

My Ride
    K-car

Quote Originally Posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo View Post
    I’m in a similar boat as Kloubek with one of my current cars. Shit went sideways and one single pricey component is toast, but I really really like the car…when it works and the current market is making me feel really unexcited to replace it with something else.
    You just described owning a modern diesel pickup. I recently had a CP4 go out completely unexpectedly on a Duramax, $8800 touch.

I miss my CTS V sport (the TTV6). Was a really nice every day car. Don't miss my Jeep GC Diesel, that thing was just a pos.

My Ride
    4x4

I can clear it and it'll stay off for a week or two but it always comes back and I ain't gonna be one of those guys who claims everything is great, only to find out later you have a problem.
    So you're going to keep it for life then? There's a joke about lucas electronics in here somewhere... No range rover goes 2 weeks without a check engine light. That's part of their charm - and why the dealers have onsite mani/pedi's...

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

Quote Originally Posted by corsvette View Post
    You just described owning a modern diesel pickup. I recently had a CP4 go out completely unexpectedly on a Duramax, $8800 touch.

I miss my CTS V sport (the TTV6). Was a really nice every day car. Don't miss my Jeep GC Diesel, that thing was just a pos.
    Yep my large turbo has a really rare failure on my 335d.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Miss the most: CLK63 Black Series. Felt like I learnt something new with its handling dynamics every drive.
    Miss the least: 944 Turbo. The amount I spent on the car, I could buy a CLK63 BS at its inflated price and still have change. All for a little more than 400whp or something.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Quote Originally Posted by 03ozwhip View Post
    That's my black one beside your white one red one was Sh0ko
    Thanks for the response. Sh0ko
    Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    Arash reminds me of Mar but I can't tell which one is more stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    Yeah well I wonder how they get the soft flowing caramel inside the Caramilk bar but you don't see me making a god damn thread about it. Slap your wife Baygirl, straighten him out.

I’m surprised at the responses on S2000s and 8th gen civics. I had both and don’t miss them. The S2k was fun at race city lapping days, but it was cramped and loud and you had to remove the spare tire to have a usable trunk. The 8th gen Civic Si was slow and had poor NVH and felt very average to me.

I agree with the posts on STi, for the cult like following they have, they aren’t very enjoyable to drive. That’s probably the car I miss the least.

I’m with heavyD on place and time. There were things I liked on all of my previous cars but I wouldn’t buy any of them again. Cars get better every year with more and better options and better performance.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by richardchan2002 View Post
    Cars get better every year with more and better options and better performance.
    Cough

My Ride
    V8s

The S2k is a great third car. It’s not the car you want if you need something quiet, comfortable, or practical.

Also why on earth would you ever carry a spare tire on a car like that?

My Ride
    15,000 red line

Quote Originally Posted by richardchan2002 View Post
    I’m surprised at the responses on S2000s and 8th gen civics. I had both and don’t miss them. The S2k was fun at race city lapping days, but it was cramped and loud and you had to remove the spare tire to have a usable trunk. The 8th gen Civic Si was slow and had poor NVH and felt very average to me.

I agree with the posts on STi, for the cult like following they have, they aren’t very enjoyable to drive. That’s probably the car I miss the least.

I’m with heavyD on place and time. There were things I liked on all of my previous cars but I wouldn’t buy any of them again. Cars get better every year with more and better options and better performance.
    8th gen civic SI is a nostalgia. I drove one recently and didn’t like it at all. About 10 years ago, it was pretty cool for daily. I fiesta ST today is that gem.

As for S2K, I don’t know where it fits other than the track and then there are many replacements. A weekend car has to offer “some” car like things and it just doesn’t.

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    I have a buddy who has always said every guy he's ever met who drives a VW is a real asshole.
    Your buddy's dad said that, too. While I was fucking him.

Quote Originally Posted by ragu View Post
    8th gen civic SI is a nostalgia. I drove one recently and didn’t like it at all. About 10 years ago, it was pretty cool for daily. I fiesta ST today is that gem.

As for S2K, I don’t know where it fits other than the track and then there are many replacements. A weekend car has to offer “some” car like things and it just doesn’t.
    Still looking for a replacement that offers the feel of a s2000 with no luck. Yes - it is in no way a comfortable car but I loved it

My Ride
    2015 IS350 F Sport

I miss my 2004 RX8. Sure the thing was bad on gas and I went through 3 engines.....but when it actually wasn't in the shop it sure was a fun car to throw around with all the traction/stability controls off.

It was the only "sports car" I could get the wife to agree to because of the clam shell doors for the kids. lol
    "if you disagree with my views are cannot adequately my criticism then ignore my posts." - Nusc

My Ride
    G37X

Miss the most: 98 Z28 Camaro with full bolt on's. Easy to add cheap power with the LS1. About 400 hp at the crank is more than enough for a #3450 lb car. Lot's of memories driving to the Okanagan/Richmond/Vancouver Island and back to Calgary. Actually an amazing winter car with the studded snow tires, 6 speed manual and traction control/mechanical limited slip. My current 97 SS LT1 is a little slower, but from light to light and up until around 60 mph it feels about as quick and with a much better sounding V8 with traditional firing order and iron block.

Miss the least: 95 Mustang GT 5.0 V8. Sounded amazing with offroad x pipe and magnaflow mufflers. Engine was very coarse and truck feeling once the needle swung much above 4000 rpm. Unsporty feeling handling, braking, seating position, shifter position vs same era F Body. Money pit, low mile car (bought with under 100,000 kms) and looked cherry however in 1 year of ownership I replaced a rear axle, harmonic balancer, T5 transmission, clutch and probably more. First and last ford for me. Also confirmed Camaro>Mustang 100% for me.
    Last edited by Hallowed_point; 12-21-2021 at 10:16 AM.

My Ride
    Family Hauler

Miss most: Tie between the Cobalt SS Supercharged I had when I was 21 (Put age in to make it a bit more acceptable.. or maybe it never was lol), or the 04' GTO I imported from phoenix right after

Miss Least: 2012 Silverado. Tried the truck thing, wasnt for me

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast