Quantcast
Which previously owned vehicles do you miss, and not miss, the most? - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Which previously owned vehicles do you miss, and not miss, the most?

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I genuinely miss both my MR2, and 4runner. Having both back would be a great summer/winter combo.
    I put too much money into the thing already. It's staying with me for life lol!

My Ride
    '05 Subaru LGT wagon (5MT)

I haven't owned many cars I miss them all for one reason or another:

1998 Dodge Neon Hahn Stage 2 turbo - sold it because I needed the space in the garage and I never drove it anymore. I think I took it too far suspension-wise and it wasn't comfortable to daily drive anymore. I wish I had been able to keep it. If it came up for sale right now for about the same price I sold it for, I would buy it back.

2003 Dodge Dakota CC SLT 4x4 - sold it because it was not big enough for two car seats, and the blower motor/blower motor resistor pack were too unreliable for driving in the winter. I love these trucks and constantly window shop for them but I can't justify one as a daily driver considering virtually everyone of them has issues with the blower motor and resistor pack. As much as I love having a V8 in a smallish truck, I don't think I could bring myself to buy one again.

2008 Saturn Astra XR 3 door - sold it to pay for a new kid hauler for my wife when #2 was on the way. It was my DD. I started DDing my truck when I sold this. I didn't want to sell it and it would've served perfectly well for two kids, whereas the truck didn't. Still wish I hadn't sold it. Still window shop them. My exact car came up for sale after I sold my truck and I would've rebought it but I was out of town for a couple months and couldn't make it work. If gas keeps going up, I may buy a 5 door XR. Other than being FWD, these are about perfect for me.

2012 Chevrolet Traverse LT2 - other than the size, there was very little to like about this vehicle. The trans programming was horrible. The engine made no low end torque and had to be rev'd to the moon for highway passing, hills etc. The suspension was garbage. It had many major system failures - cooling, A/C, power steering, timing chains etc. all while following the recommended maintenance. The seats were horrible (head rests pushed your head far forward). The maintenance costs out of warranty were ridiculous (stuff that failed in warranty was starting to fail again, out of warranty). Luckily it was written off a few years out of warranty. Would not buy again. Not a vehicle to own out of warranty.

2007 Subaru Legacy GT LTD Wagon (still own, but it's my wife's car now) - one owner car when I bought it. Had been maintained very well cosmetically, but not super well mechanically. Has cost a lot of money to get it back to "right". This was a bit of a desperation purchase as I wanted something AWD to take the kids to school out in the country and was running out of time for the start of the school year. I would not buy this car in this exact configuration again. I hate the sunroof, I have to gangster lean to not hit my head on it. This car was on the chopping block until my wife wrote off the Traverse.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    I put too much money into the thing already. It's staying with me for life lol!
    I couldn't afford to buy it back. You could probably get $7g more than you paid for it at the moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

My Ride
    2018 Civic Si coupe

Don't miss, in fact fuck that car: 89 Mustang LX, a whopping 89 HP, what an embarrassment, but probably best I didn't have more power in my first car. The only way you'd get decent acceleration is by driving off a cliff.
    Miss a bit: 91 Isuzu Impulse XS, my first manual and handling by Lotus. Super peppy compared the the mustang and I loved the little half pop up headlights, so gimmicky. Always wanted the RS but those were tough to find.

My Ride
    Lariat

My 2004 VW R32. Loved that car.
    _____ASP______

current ski quiver:
    park, all mtn 181 ON3P Kartel 98
    park,all mtn: 181 Armada AR7
    big mtn, pow: 185 Armada JJ

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    '84 Scirocco, '83 GTI, '83 Rabbit Turbo Diesel, '88 Audi 90.
    Back in my VW water-cooled days.
    If I ever had a Corrado, I'm pretty sure I'd miss that, too! I always wanted one of the supercharged ones.
    I have a buddy who has always said every guy he's ever met who drives a VW is a real asshole.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Miss my 8th gen Civic the most.

Great car, so fun. Was a riot full bolt on.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    Touareg, Cayenne, 944s

I miss my E46 M3 the most. Manual and coupe, drove year round for years. It needed some work here and there, but it is the one I actually miss. I don't want another one and I'm happy to look back fondly and leave that as as car I'm glad I enjoyed.

I don't miss the B8.5 S4. Good in the winter, but chasing a DSG fluid leak for months drove me to buy a Tesla.

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

Miss my '96 Ram 1500. First vehicle I ever owned. Just miss it for sentimental reasons. Also miss my 2015 Hyundai Genesis Sedan. I knew I would miss it before it was even out of my possession but I had the new Genny.

Do not miss my 03 RSX-S for obvious reasons.... it came from Beyonds favorite dealership.... Gallery of Fine Cars. LOL!!!
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

My Ride
    Lexus/Toyota

I miss my first car, a 1997 Nissan 240SX LE, and my 1999 Toyota 4Runner the most. Sometimes I say that I miss my 2002 Lexus IS300 (which I still have), just because I never drive it, stays parked in the garage all year.

Quote Originally Posted by mr2mike View Post
    I see so many people missing our regretting selling their MR2's.
    I probably know 3 more people beyond what's been posted here.
    You and @03ozwhip MR2's are here too right?

My biggest regret was selling my MR2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    Arash reminds me of Mar but I can't tell which one is more stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    Yeah well I wonder how they get the soft flowing caramel inside the Caramilk bar but you don't see me making a god damn thread about it. Slap your wife Baygirl, straighten him out.

My Ride
    Cummins F10

Quote Originally Posted by vengie View Post
    Fully bolted and tuned 2005 STI.

Loved that car.
    it was better w/o the hood scoop!
    Originally posted by Mibz
    The criteria for being a Beyond Baller is simply knowing you are one.
    Deleted F10 535d
    My hybrid burns Diesel & Oil

Mine would have to be my 98 Cadillac STS. I loved that car, pearl white with cream interior sitting on Dubs (thanks to tirebob lol). The northstar was a ticking timebomb...but that was my baby, hand washed every friday after work ready to cruise for the weekend. Ended up sending it to auction with a blown head gasket because I was away for school in the US and fixing it wasn't an option at the time.

Miss most - 95 RX7 car, 96 ZR2 Lifted truck

Miss least - 95 Stealh R/T Turbo (hangar queen), 2005 Duramax Diesel truck (built on a Friday)

Future will most most - current LC500, lease is up in the spring (2nd LC500).

My Ride
    2013 C63 AMG , 2022 Acura RDX A Spec, 2005 BMW M3

For sure my 09 Lexus ISF
    Name:  904C780F-DAAB-45ED-B0D7-86387B125E15.jpg
Views: 300
Size:  523.9 KB
    2022 Acura RDX A Spec
    2013 C63 AMG Sedan
    2006 Nissan X-Trial
    2005 Bmw M3 vert
    2008 Ducati 848
    1977 Ford F150

Miss: 2005 S2000
    Don't miss: G60 Corrado, multiple swapped Honda civics

My Ride
    changes every year

Quote Originally Posted by BokCh0y View Post
    You and @03ozwhip MR2's are here too right?

My biggest regret was selling my MR2.
    That's my black one beside your white one red one was Sh0ko

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

Miss the most - supercharged e92 m3
    Miss the least - B7 S4

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

I missed the assignment. Stated my 2 missed cars, but nothing I didn't miss.

I've had pretty good success with my vehicles, though there were a couple I don't miss....
    1986 RX7 - replaced the entire exhaust about a month before the engine blew. Also had peeling clearcoat which blew off the paint during a car wash. This car cost me more money than I could afford at the time.

And my second entry is a vehicle I still have. My 2006 SC Range Rover. Yes, everyone warned me about buying this but my lord is it a piece of shit. One thing failing after another. Since I bought it in the summer, I've replaced the tranny, rear shocks, air suspension compressor and a line repair, rear alignment bolts and bushings which were so rusted in it cost me upwards of $700 to do the alignment, backup camera failed, replaced front control arms and ball joints, hood alarm switch disable, 2 rear speakers failed and I had to buy a bluetooth reader/writer to do various functions - including recalibrating a leaning suspension. I also get occasional lean or rich codes which has been brought to shops twice now without success to fix it, and due to my "throw parts at it approach" (and on advice of said shops) has also seen new spark plugs, throttle body, MAF, PCV and PCV tube.

I also currently have a post-cat O2 sensor inop (bad wiring), damaged rear backup sensor wiring, an alternator that has difficulty regulating voltage, a purge valve on it's way out, and a front breather tube I'll hopefully replace soon with random plastic/rubber pipe because I refuse to spend the $150 it costs for a new OEM tube.

Add to all that a 2nd set of (used) tires and rims for winter along with a new set of oversize all-terrains for offroading and the summer, and I don't even want to think about how much I've spent. Had I not done most of this work myself, it would have been even more outrageous.

You guys were right. I was wrong. I'm man enough to admit it, but I'm both feet in now...

My Ride
    V8s

It’s never too late to cut your losses. There’s still 2000 other parts on that thing that haven’t broken/been replaced yet.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast