My Ride
    Exploded.

My Ride
    This and that.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My guess on these rules? The inside driver can’t force the outside driver off track, has to leave them room, that’s what stops the inside driver from taking the outside driver out. The onus is on the outside driver to not close up and leave minimal room for the inside driver, because the inside driver can not back out of a corner. If the outside driver has to back out so much that the inside driver left no room, forcing outside driver off track, inside driver is at fault and has to give up the advantage.

So basically, they expect the outside driver to back out if inside driver takes on too much speed. If they have to back out of it to the point where they’re forced off track, inside driver gets the penalty. Giving the line to the outside driver is a recipe for disaster. If you want the advantage, protect the inside. Both were alongside only at the time of collision.

That’s my best guess at why the new rules were done this way.

You’re missing the significantly alongside part of the rules. If you’re not significantly alongside, you have zero right to any line.

Again, I haven’t seen the new rules (seems like only teams and media has seen it but not publishing it), or when you need to be significantly alongside, but the Albon Stroll collision, he wasn’t alongside until way after braking. That’s a divebomb. Just like Hamilton Albon was a divebomb.

I’m surprised at the lack of understanding of what a divebomb is with some of you guys.
    I've interpreted the Silverstone incident to be one where Max turned in too early before he was sufficiently clear of Hamilton. Whether that was done intentionally or not to force Hamilton to back up is up for debate. He arguably would've completed the overtake had he left Hamilton room on the inside line.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    Lariat 2.7 & StreetTriple R

Because Hamilton was on the inside, and fully alongside giving the right to the inside line any way he wants as long as he leaves space for the outside car in this years rules. You keep ignoring the fact that he was fully alongside and keep calling it a divebomb for the last year. I really don’t understand this circular argument repeating itself. Pretty sure I’m being trolled at this point.
    I'm not trying to troll, more bring up discussion regarding the new rules. At the end of the day, Lewis was at fault in that incident and the FIA agreed. He was penalized for it (albeit quite leniently considering)

This is the way I see it; if Lewis was going to miss the apex and not give the guy on the outside any room, then isnt it his fault? Max left plenty of room on the inside.

I agree that both should leave room for each other. But if the guy on the outside is just meant to now give way every single time hes on the outside, even when hes slightly leading, then we are going to be in for a real lame season.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sexualbanana View Post
    I've interpreted the Silverstone incident to be one where Max turned in too early before he was sufficiently clear of Hamilton. Whether that was done intentionally or not to force Hamilton to back up is up for debate. He arguably would've completed the overtake had he left Hamilton room on the inside line.
    He did leave tons of room on the inside. Ham took way too much speed into that turn, and he basically understeered away from the apex into max. SkyF1 broke it down frame by frame last year showing that Max had left room but lewis was just too aggressive in the instance, took too much speed to try and catch up to max and get along side, and then the grip just wasnt there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIKel6jVD3Q

Check Lewis' own onboard at 0:25 you can see his car is barely turning in.
    Last edited by OTown; 03-29-2022 at 01:06 PM.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by OTown View Post
    I agree that both should leave room for each other. But if the guy on the outside is just meant to now give way every single time hes on the outside, even when hes slightly leading, then we are going to be in for a real lame season.
    I disagree. As a defender, you always have the right to defend the inside for yourself. Literally every pass with some exceptions (setup for next corners, brain fart) you want to defend the inside, which is always the preferred line. Outside always the dirtier slower line. Outside doesn't have to give way, but they can't crowd the inside either. They need to adjust their line not to collide. If they have no room because inside left no room, then penalty for inside guy.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride

I disagree. As a defender, you always have the right to defend the inside for yourself. Literally every pass with some exceptions (setup for next corners, brain fart) you want to defend the inside, which is always the preferred line. Outside always the dirtier slower line. Outside doesn't have to give way, but they can't crowd the inside either. They need to adjust their line not to collide. If they have no room because inside left no room, then penalty for inside guy.
    I agree that, for the most part, the inside line gets priority on a side-by-side battle. However they still have responsibility to leave room for the guy on the outside and it doesnt give him right to kamikaze in recklessly.

Lets go back to last weekend. Albon given a penalty on this.

Similar situation to Lewis, came in on the inside but too fast for the corner angle (albeit did make the apex in this circumstance). His acute angle meant he needed to slow down much more if he wanted to leave space on outside for lance. Stroll was ahead and left him a bit of space on the apex.

I think we need to remember the angle of attack to the corner as well. If the angle is too acute, the driver on the inside needs to adjust his speed and predict where his car will be.

You guys would have a great time over at https://www.reddit.com/r/Simracingstewards/

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by phreezee View Post
    You guys would have a great time over at https://www.reddit.com/r/Simracingstewards/

I have no interest in judging incidents. I, along with many in F1 hated the inconsistency in rules last year. Penalties made no sense. This year rules have been clarified. I'm happy.

I've spent enough time on this. Silverstone was a year ago and somehow it's still compared to dive-bombs. I'm done.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride

I have no interest in judging incidents. I, along with many in F1 hated the inconsistency in rules last year. Penalties made no sense. This year rules have been clarified. I'm happy.
    Something we can both agree on.

The other stuff I think we somewhat agree on, but the nuances/details we dont. So agree to disagree haha

Back on topic, I am looking forward to seeing some racing back in Albert Park. Crazy to think weve skipped it for 2 years in a row now. Always been a cool track and should be interesting to see how the new cars perform.

Because Hamilton was on the inside, and fully alongside giving the right to the inside line any way he wants as long as he leaves space for the outside car in this years rules. You keep ignoring the fact that he was fully alongside and keep calling it a divebomb for the last year. I really don’t understand this circular argument repeating itself. Pretty sure I’m being trolled at this point.
    You keep ignoring that he was only fully along side for that brief second because he divebombed into the inside of a corner with so much speed he had no hope to actually make the corner. Like the literal definition of a divebomb. You can't just call yourself "fully along side" because you intend to use the outside car as a bumper rail like 4 year olds bowling.

I, along with many in F1 hated the inconsistency in rules last year. Penalties made no sense. This year rules have been clarified. I'm happy.

I'm sure we all agree on this. Whatever the rules are, they at least need to be clearly defined and consistently implemented.
    Last edited by Misterman; 03-29-2022 at 06:37 PM.

My Ride
    Bmw and ford

Some have gotten clear and others are more vague … ie checo and saniz still not good just different

My Ride
    Exploded.

Beyond meet in Vegas?

My Ride
    V8s

Pretty awesome, but will probably be v expensive. My vote goes to Austin.

My Ride
    ute

no way. vegas 100% !!!

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

10pm race start. In November. That desert cold gonna be cold haha.

I feel like it was no coincidence that Vegas is bringing in a huge tourism booster not long after the pools close for the winter season.

Wonder how much a strip facing room will run at the Cosmo or the like? Either way, I'll gladly bundle up if I have to. This is amazing as a western F1 fan, we have 4 races we can go to without crossing the pond.

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Quote Originally Posted by cjblair View Post
    Pretty awesome, but will probably be v expensive. My vote goes to Austin.
    Given how many hotels are within the track area I don't see how they could control "general admission" if you have a booking at one of the hotels?

My Ride
    *The First*

I know it's low single digit temps at night around New Year's, so I doubt it's radically warmer in November. A lot of this sounds crazy to me.

My Ride
    V8s

Quote Originally Posted by davidI View Post
    Given how many hotels are within the track area I don't see how they could control "general admission" if you have a booking at one of the hotels?
    I wasn't talking about tickets, but basically everything else. Vegas is the land of $35 drinks to begin with, never mind an F1 weekend.

I'm just too poor for Vegas, aside from the freezing cold weather at night, that would be an unreal place for a race.

My Ride
    Defender, Allroad

It will probably be 8-13 celsius at night for the race. Not really warm enough for a night race.

Page 21 of 66 FirstFirst ... 11 20 21 22 31 ... LastLast