My Ride
    Toyota Christopher Lambert

Shak is hating on Max everywhere he can

Name:  F3A8850F-1BFB-42C5-BD5A-C41BD33B9E1F.jpg
Views: 265
Size:  86.8 KB

My Ride
    This and that.

I have better things to do. I just hate him vehemently in my heart so another shitty weekend for me. Had lots of good ones over the years seeing Ham on top, so I am okay dealing with a couple shitty ones as it will inevitably turn around, or at least I hope.

My Ride
    *The First*

Sounds racist...

Bottas is good

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sounds racist...
    He’s Dutch right? Racism against the Dutch is always ok.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    He’s Dutch right? Racism against the Dutch is always ok.
    I think he is Dutch and Dutch people really aren't people, at all... So maybe it checks out.

Checo has some shit luck. Without that engine issue he should've easily had Sainz, especially after that garbage pit stop from Ferrari. If RBR had their reliability sorted out this year, it would be a wild fight for the WDC and constructors.

Awesome drive by Russel. That kid is going to be on fire if Merc gets their car sorted for next year.

I have to imagine Vettel is going to call it quits after this season. He has just had terrible luck this year too. I doubt he wants to just hang around to be at the back.

What planet was Mick on when he crashed Vettel? "That was my corner" Dude, you barely got your car stuffed halfway up the inside, how was that ever going to be your corner?

I don't care who wins WDC this year, but I liked RBR getting another win to make the title fight closer. If Max catches up a little more, it could turn into a really fun back and forth battle for the 2nd half of the season.

My Ride
    Lariat 2.7 & StreetTriple R

Quote Originally Posted by shakalaka View Post
    I have better things to do. I just hate him vehemently in my heart so another shitty weekend for me. Had lots of good ones over the years seeing Ham on top, so I am okay dealing with a couple shitty ones as it will inevitably turn around, or at least I hope.
    Wait... werent we the ones that were being gaslit last and this season? Saying that we hate everything about lewis etc even though I dont actually hate the guy?

Name:  98a3ff0c-2a28-4b82-8679-aaa24939c9ee_text.gif
Views: 223
Size:  346.8 KB

My Ride
    F10M/F87/NA2/W220/V90/E46ZHP/SE3P/DC2

because #blessed, and "these are the greatest fans in the world"

My Ride
    Lariat 2.7 & StreetTriple R

My thoughts on the weekend:

Max is on another level right now. He is absolutely on point. 3rd to 1st. No mistakes. RBR just need to sort out their reliability issues (see Perez) in order to challenge the Ferraris.

The drivers seemed absolutely exhausted physically, which showed after the race. Its quite an impressive feat that there were so few crashes during such a race on questionable surface and mental exhaustion. Well done by all. Max and Charles were visibly drained after the race. I really dont understand why F1 are so eager to get the post race interviews as they get out of the cars. Do it on the podium after the cool down rooms (which are entertaining themselves) and after the podium ceremonies like the last years. I never understood why they changed that format.

Bit of a snoozer with DRS trains until the SC, which really spiced things up. What I dont get is why they started as a VSC, when it was clearly going to be a SC due to the damage and debris. It screwed a lot of people to change halfway through.

Sainz saved his potentially costly error. I think hes putting too much pressure on himself to battle with Charles, and just needs to focus on his own race. I think there is still a power struggle for #1 at Ferrari, and he is seeing it slip away to Charles, and tries to do too much to catch up.

Russell is on another level as well, driving the hell out of that (obviously) difficult to drive Merc. He is consistently getting points, challenging, and beating the 7 time world champ in the same car. I was a bit of a skeptic, but hes showing his abilities at controlling a difficult car are so far better than Lewis. He had lots of practice at Williams lol.

The last 10 laps had so many battles at the same time that I didnt know what to watch. Plus a close battle for 1st between 2 driver/constructors at the top of their game?

As cringeworthy as some of the moments were (I'm looking at you podium ceremonies) it was an entertaining tribute of Americana. Seems like they had a bit of fun at themselves as well (marina was on point). Brundle's grid walk was hats off entertaining as well. So many celebrities that have 0 F1 knowledge. And Martin knowledge of social media and sports celebs made it quite funny.

I think this weekend showed that F1 has gained huge traction in the US, something that they have had issues with for decades (I'm looking at you, US GP Indianapolis 2005). Id say its likely why fans, teams and drivers overlooked the embarrassing moments and embraced it. I first thought this was going to be lame, and by the end I was kinda wanting to be there for the sheer insanity of the weekend.

Im going to guess that Las Vegas next year will be similarly crazy.

TLDR; It's a great time to be an F1 fan.

My Ride
    F10M/F87/NA2/W220/V90/E46ZHP/SE3P/DC2

I didnt like the track, seem very forceful with certain turns and layout. It has a lot of Indy car feels to it as it's on a temporary circuit. I feel like a real purposed built track is much more suited for F1.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by Team_Mclaren View Post
    I didnt like the track, seem very forceful with certain turns and layout. It has a lot of Indy car feels to it as it's on a temporary circuit. I feel like a real purposed built track is much more suited for F1.
    yes this

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    I have to imagine Vettel is going to call it quits after this season. He has just had terrible luck this year too. I doubt he wants to just hang around to be at the back.

What planet was Mick on when he crashed Vettel? "That was my corner" Dude, you barely got your car stuffed halfway up the inside, how was that ever going to be your corner?
    Alonso at Aston Martin 2023 confirmed...?

I can't believe they didn't give Mick a penalty for that incident given all of the other penalties they handed out.

Sucks that Bottas could have been fifth had he not taken that turn so wide near the end and let both Mercs through. As much as I like him his consistency is in cracking under pressure.

My Ride
    Toyota Christopher Lambert

Random bits of bad luck for a few guys this race, other than that was a snoozer outside of the start and safety car restart.

RBR/Max looking very strong.

My Ride
    06 S2000

Quote Originally Posted by shakalaka View Post
    Nothing's going to turn around until Lewis finds a team with another overwhelmingly good car, and a #2 that's okay not causing an upset. Until then, only good drivers like Leclerc/Sainz, Verstappen/Perez, and possible Russel will be up front. I say this as #teamhoneybadger.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    My car sounds like shit.

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Quote Originally Posted by 2Legit2Quit View Post
    Random bits of bad luck for a few guys this race, other than that was a snoozer outside of the start and safety car restart.
    It was a snoozer for the top 4 positions but I thought it was actually quite exciting in the mid-pack. Way more overtaking than I expected!

Not as exciting/crazy as the W-Series race though...

I'm getting stoked for Barcelona, although I found out it's a dry track (i.e. no booze sold in the circuit). WTF?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Russell’s always been good, we saw that when he trounced Bottas in the same car. Hard to really compare with Lewis right now, their race pace has been tough to compare. This race they were on opposite strategies, and Lewis again got the unlucky side of the SC. Previous races it’s been SC, or Lewis carrying more testing gear in race. Maybe 2 or 3 stints so far where they’ve been comparable and it’s a toss up.

Race to forget for me. McLaren nowhere, rbr win, and rbr jr team taking out a shitty points performance.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Page 28 of 66 FirstFirst ... 18 27 28 29 38 ... LastLast