Quantcast
2022 f1 - Page 32 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 32 of 66 FirstFirst ... 22 31 32 33 42 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 f1

Quote Originally Posted by sexualbanana View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But Checo had the fresher tyres when he was stuck behind Max and couldn't get past Russell, they still didn't let Checo through. I can't remember which lap that was.
    I feel for Checo, but what does he want in this case? Horner either made the call for him to let Max go by, or he says let them race and Max passes him anyway. Either way, result is the same.

My Ride
    This and that.

I wouldn't be so sure of that considering Max couldn't pass Russell in an inferior car lol. I get that Checo is not same skill level as Russell but he ain't that bad and can put up a fight when the time comes. 6 races into the season and I think he's running 3rd or 4th so he should have full opportunity to try and win to see if he has a shot at WDC but we all know Horner/RBR will never let that happen and mostly because they probably don't want to deal with the whining/annoying voice of a petulant child that Max is.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

I think it’s perfectly valid for Checo to be upset considering the situation. He got asked to give up the position the first time only for Max to not be able to pass (granted drs issue wasn’t his fault). Then the second time got told again when redbull had a guaranteed 1-2 finish. I get the championship is close with Leclerc but sometimes the teams gotta throw a bone and let Perez take is first dub of the season. Getting told twice to let Max by in one race is a bit much.

But in the end, the team comes before the drivers so it does make sense trying to lengthen the gap between Max and Leclerc as much as possible.
    Last edited by pheoxs; 05-26-2022 at 06:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shakalaka View Post
    I wouldn't be so sure of that considering Max couldn't pass Russell in an inferior car lol. I get that Checo is not same skill level as Russell but he ain't that bad and can put up a fight when the time comes. 6 races into the season and I think he's running 3rd or 4th so he should have full opportunity to try and win to see if he has a shot at WDC but we all know Horner/RBR will never let that happen and mostly because they probably don't want to deal with the whining/annoying voice of a petulant child that Max is.
    The inferior car argument gets muted when the guy trying to pass doesn't have a working DRS. And Max DID pass Russel all said and done. Max was on new softs, and Checo was on old Mediums, there was no question Max was going to get the pass. The only way he wasn't, is if Checo pulled off some king style defending and held them both up leaving them vulnerable to Mercedes. It's really piss poor luck for Sergio, but a team necessity in this case.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

It’s a pretty sad state of affairs F1 racing is in when no one can pass each other without the NOS button, err I mean DRS.

We should just do 3 days of qualifying and give the trophy to whoever averages the best time over those 3 days.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    It’s a pretty sad state of affairs F1 racing is in when no one can pass each other without the NOS button, err I mean DRS.

We should just do 3 days of qualifying and give the trophy to whoever averages the best time over those 3 days.
    That's racist!!

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Only solution I can think of is smaller cars but given all of the safety kit now I can't see that ever happening.

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Some of my pics from the Spanish GP. Only saw DeVries and Sainz up-close on the Thursday pit lane walk but didn't put in much effort as it was sunny, crowded, and hot.

Most of the photos are from the Friday in Grandstand M as it was shaded there.

My tickets were in Grandstand K which was perfect for the race but was also smoking hot both days. Full album here: https://baldpacker.smugmug.com/22-Spanish-GP

Name:  P1001560-4-X2.jpg
Views: 286
Size:  262.5 KB
    Name:  PXL_20220519_161308930-13-X2.jpg
Views: 293
Size:  363.5 KB
    Name:  P1002042-44-X2.jpg
Views: 294
Size:  241.4 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images    

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

A few more:
    Name:  P1002245-59-X2.jpg
Views: 297
Size:  199.9 KB
    Name:  P1002155-53-X2.jpg
Views: 284
Size:  204.2 KB
    Name:  P1002210-55-X2.jpg
Views: 293
Size:  208.4 KB
    Name:  P1002218-57-X2.jpg
Views: 283
Size:  228.4 KB
    Name:  PXL_20220522_132214576-72-X2.jpg
Views: 286
Size:  346.0 KB

My Ride
    ute

You don;t watch F1 for the quality of the racing, you watch it for the spectacle, the technology, the soap opera, and the cars.

If you are a fan of cars racing, F1 should be very low on your list. BTCC or german touring cars are 1000x better for actual racing. But this has always been the way.

Also, lol at #blessed fans criticizing team orders.

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

FORMULA 1 GRAND PRIX DE MONACO 2022.
    Its a sports packed weekend. Champions Leage Final tomorrow (Liverpool Vs Real Madrid) and Monaco on Sunday. If none of that interests you. You can always upgrade your kitchen faucet. Thats the DIY task of the month (perhaps we an have a Kitchen faucet appreciation thread after this...?)

Consumer Reports has just released a F1 special. Williams are said to be the ones to watch as they are a good quality team for the 2022 season. Ferrari is said to be the most historically reliable team coming into the summer months. This is based on past historical data. Im not making this up. The data dont lie...

Predictions..? As we all have been dissing Ricardo. Im gonna bet he has a great race or he washes out.
    Max to Win and the Great Lord Russell to come in 2nd.
    Last edited by tonytiger55; 05-28-2022 at 10:01 PM. Reason: Thread not threat!.. LMAO

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Prediction: I think Leclerc wins tbh. The curse has gotta break at some point and he's been on point for qualifying all season. Monaco is very much a parade or cars rather than a race and expect it to be over before it begins.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    I feel for Checo, but what does he want in this case? Horner either made the call for him to let Max go by, or he says let them race and Max passes him anyway. Either way, result is the same.
    Max was having trouble overtaking Russell and, of the 3, Checo had the fresher tyres. If you let Checo take a shot at Russell and he overtakes, I think it opens up some more strategies for RBR. I think an RBR-MB-RBR running order gives you far more strategy options than a MB-RBR-RBR does.

Quote Originally Posted by shakalaka View Post
    It's close, but it's also just the 6th race of a 22-race season. If this was like race #16, I think Checo might be okay with it. But if you aren't given the opportunity to notch a win at the one-quarter-ish point of the season, when can you?

I've always wondered (and I know I've brought this up a couple times in the past) what would happen if Gasly or Tsunoda started driving like Gods in their ATs and began challenging for a WDC. Would Horner try to move them up so RBR could get the win? How would Max feel about no longer being the #1?
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

Quote Originally Posted by sexualbanana View Post
    Max was having trouble overtaking Russell and, of the 3, Checo had the fresher tyres. If you let Checo take a shot at Russell and he overtakes, I think it opens up some more strategies for RBR. I think an RBR-MB-RBR running order gives you far more strategy options than a MB-RBR-RBR does.
    Ok, if you're talking about a different part of the race. Then I agree at least that I think they should've given Checo more opportunity to try and pass Russel before switching the cars around. And as soon as Max had DRS issues, they should've immediately inverted back and let Checo have the go again.

My Ride
    Bmw and ford

Looks like ric might be in good to 2023 …
    https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/br...ract/10312076/

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Nobody going to talk about Checo going into the wall in the last 2 minutes of quali and taking Sainz out with him!?

Both Checo and Sainz look strong though. Looks like Vettel's getting a handle on the AM as well. Will be pretty sick if he's battling it out with Hamilton and Alonso over the rest of the season in the mid-pack.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Thanks F1 for completely fucking McLaren. Race was supposed to start, everyone on different tires, McLaren on full wets predicting more rain, and they delay the start for no fucking good reason. Now heavy rain, and race director forcing everyone on full wets.

McLaren would've made the right fucking call. Fucking incompetence. They just want Leclerc to win his home race.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Exploded.

Best waiting ever

My Ride
    ute

Rbr!!!!

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    They just want Leclerc to win his home race.
    Even if F1 wanted him to win, Ferrari had other ideas.

With the weather chaos, that was about as exciting as you can get for a Monaco race and it was still 95% a parade. It's a beautiful, historical venue but the series has outgrown it.

Page 32 of 66 FirstFirst ... 22 31 32 33 42 ... LastLast