Quantcast
2022 f1 - Page 53 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 53 of 66 FirstFirst ... 43 52 53 54 63 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 1314

Thread: 2022 f1

My Ride
    Toyota’s

Is there a case to be made that any safety cars would automatically become red flag/standing restart within five laps of checkered flag? Seems like nobody likes safety car finishes and it’d be an easy rule to implement.

My Ride
    Toyota Christopher Lambert

You'd think. Lame ending.

Name:  D7A6DB6C-0F21-4084-A1FD-9993688B4F93.jpeg
Views: 424
Size:  54.5 KB

My Ride
    Toyota Christopher Lambert

Also Latifi better be done next season, so embarrassing.

My Ride
    rs4, ram, 675f3

Ya lame ending, they can rush it last year but not this year??
    Great race by de vries, verstappen dominated again, ham can front the back for a solid finish. Pretty good race with a terrible finish.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

McLaren gets screwed banking on a restart. Italian clown show screwed them. Also, I thought after last years debacle, there’s an understanding that we want to end on green, and red flag is 100% an option. Yet, we end in SC, the least likely option. The unpredictable actions of late safety cars just fucks strategists over.

That said, aside from Lando losing position from pitting, I don’t think a red flag restart would’ve really changed the race order. But it would’ve been better than what we got.

Quote Originally Posted by birdman86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is there a case to be made that any safety cars would automatically become red flag/standing restart within five laps of checkered flag? Seems like nobody likes safety car finishes and it’d be an easy rule to implement.
    Even without a rule, there was actions today such as recovery vehicle on track that could have been used to call a red flag. But yea, a rule like that would be nice.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Today the rules were followed, so no one can really complain. However I really do think there should be discussions to change to rules to bring in a red flag option. Say 5 laps to go it’s a automatic red flag and then a rolling restart (since it would be rolling under the safety car)

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    Today the rules were followed, so no one can really complain. However I really do think there should be discussions to change to rules to bring in a red flag option. Say 5 laps to go it’s a automatic red flag and then a rolling restart (since it would be rolling under the safety car)
    Yea, I’d say the rules today were followed as it stood prior to 2021. The fact that the whole Masi investigation last year revealed that fia put pressure on race director to not end race under SC meant this unspoken rule wasn’t enforced. Just choose one or the other, publish it, and enforce it.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Lariat 2.7 & StreetTriple R

I found it pretty ironic that the SkyF1 pundits were complaining about the race not ending on a green flag. They could have done it this go around, just like Abu Dhabi, and everyone would have been happy. Only difference between this year and last year was that Lewis lost because he didn't switch his tires.

Name:  C8577303-25C4-4669-9ED7-EB2BF0149CBF.jpeg
Views: 407
Size:  239.0 KB

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by OTown View Post
    I found it pretty ironic that the SkyF1 pundits were complaining about the race not ending on a green flag. They could have done it this go around, just like Abu Dhabi, and everyone would have been happy. Only difference between this year and last year was that Lewis lost because he didn't switch his tires.
    Uhh, not sure what race you were watching but sky wanting a green flag finish would’ve been bad for Hamilton today. He had Perez and Norris behind him on much fresher tires while he was once again on old tires. Hamilton absolutely benefited on a SC finish. Had he pitted to cover tires, he would’ve lost a position to Perez just like Norris.

Last years green flag debacle was because rules weren’t followed, subsequent investigation revealed the reason was fia desire for a green flag finish for all races, hence everyone wondering where the hell is the green flag finish. Masi isn’t around this year for a reason.

My Ride
    3.5L 7th Gen Accord

What happened to the good old days, during the Montreal Grand Prix weekend they were showing classic races, and one of them was the Montreal Grand Prix with Kubica's crash, during that whole time there was only yellow flags in that sector (no safety car, no red flag) even though they were extracting him.... no one seemed to ignore those flags and there was no further accidents. Why can't they just have a different flag if they want to protect course marshals, say during that sector the speed drops to 30 km/h and if you go over that speed limit then you get a 30 second time penalty or get disqualified from the race.... it would allow the drivers to keep racing and just neutralize the race in that area.... much better then having them parade behind a safety car.......

My Ride
    V8s

I just watched a few mins of the coverage from the 2007 Kubica crash. Man F1 used to be so much cooler. The sounds were just amazing.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by triplep View Post
    What happened to the good old days, during the Montreal Grand Prix weekend they were showing classic races, and one of them was the Montreal Grand Prix with Kubica's crash, during that whole time there was only yellow flags in that sector (no safety car, no red flag) even though they were extracting him.... no one seemed to ignore those flags and there was no further accidents. Why can't they just have a different flag if they want to protect course marshals, say during that sector the speed drops to 30 km/h and if you go over that speed limit then you get a 30 second time penalty or get disqualified from the race.... it would allow the drivers to keep racing and just neutralize the race in that area.... much better then having them parade behind a safety car.......
    Bianchi's death changed all that. VSC, SC used much more liberally these days, especially if Marshalls needs to be crossing the track, or recovery vehicles needed. That said, the Kubica Montreal crash was SC, not local yellow, and crash happened right after another SC ended.

Quote Originally Posted by cjblair View Post
    I just watched a few mins of the coverage from the 2007 Kubica crash. Man F1 used to be so much cooler. The sounds were just amazing.
    The incident happened right after another SC period. The CLK Black Series wasn't ready, so for 2 laps you had a Honda Civic Si safety car haha.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by triplep View Post
    Well you’re describing double yellow flags basically. Those mean you need to slow right down to a point where you can stop instantly if need be.

I think the issue in this last race was needing to bring the crane onto the track to recover the vehicle. It would be different if it was near a recovery point and the marshals could just roll the car off.

My Ride
    3.5L 7th Gen Accord

[QUOTE=rage2;5079180]Bianchi's death changed all that. VSC, SC used much more liberally these days, especially if Marshalls needs to be crossing the track. That said, the Kubica Montreal crash was SC, not local yellow, and crash happened right after another SC ended.

My apologies you are correct, it was a safety car... my bad, I thought it was just yellows.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Perfect timing on this. McLaren reveals that the unofficial green flag finish rule was supposed to be made official, but teams could not agree on how to do it. So at this point, there is no unofficial rule or official rule for green flag finish. It's pre-2021 rules, which is what was followed yesterday.

https://the-race.com/formula-1/f1-te...-car-finishes/

Let's see if they can keep it consistent haha.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Since cars can't refuel, doesn't a red flag run the risk of extending the race by a few laps and car subsequently running out of fuel?
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by sexualbanana View Post
    Since cars can't refuel, doesn't a red flag run the risk of extending the race by a few laps and car subsequently running out of fuel?
    Nope. Say you’re on lap 52 and the red flag comes out. You proceed into the pit and shut off the car. Then teams can change tires and such, and they roll the cars on dollys to rearrange them into the proper starting order. Then when the track gets cleaned the cars leave the pit, having crossed the line, so they’re on lap 53. They go around and the safety car comes in for the rolling restart. Then when they cross the line and start racing it’s lap 54.

No laps skipped or added.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    Nope. Say you’re on lap 52 and the red flag comes out. You proceed into the pit and shut off the car. Then teams can change tires and such, and they roll the cars on dollys to rearrange them into the proper starting order. Then when the track gets cleaned the cars leave the pit, having crossed the line, so they’re on lap 53. They go around and the safety car comes in for the rolling restart. Then when they cross the line and start racing it’s lap 54.

No laps skipped or added.
    Ah, fair.

In other news, I'm reading on PF1 that Haas is interested in replacing Schumacher with Giovinazzi or Hulkenberg. Formula 1's aversion to young drivers is an odd thing. I can understand punting a young driver when he doesn't meet your standards, but that tends to be in favour of replacing them an older, more experienced driver but with similar levels of success. Wouldn't it make more sense to replace them with another young driver and giving them a shot? I suppose pay drivers and sponsors play a role in that too.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    rs4, ram, 675f3

I think mick is doing fine, he’s definitely not terrible enough to be replaced. Maybe it’s a financial issue, or attitude issue. Giovinazzi makes sense as Ferrari will pay for him, I’d rather see the hulk if mick is gone.

Page 53 of 66 FirstFirst ... 43 52 53 54 63 ... LastLast