Quantcast
2022 f1 - Page 33 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 33 of 66 FirstFirst ... 23 32 33 34 43 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 f1

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

That was waaaaaay more exciting than I expected.

Loved the fact Vettel got in the points as well.

Monaco really does need to do something about their television coverage though. I really wanted to see that Ocon/Hamilton collision again where Ocon got the penalty and more angles of Max supposedly crossing the pit lane exit early.

Not sure how I feel about Alonso backing everyone up. Seems like justification for Monaco to lose the race, even though I love the tradition of it. If only they could widen a few corners or create a better DRS zone for passing...

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Perez and Max both summoned for touching the pit exit line. Would be such a Sainz thing to take the win from a penalty.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Charles got fucked and Monaco will be the one that got away

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Quote Originally Posted by flipstah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Charles got fucked and Monaco will be the one that got away
    Firstly, his name is Chuck.

Secondly, he was fucked by his own team so it doesn't really count.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Quote Originally Posted by davidI View Post
    Firstly, his name is Chuck.

Secondly, he was fucked by his own team so it doesn't really count.
    Hahaha Chucky Eclair

My Ride
    rs4, ram, 675f3

I might re watch the first 20-30 laps, the rest was a snooze. Perez didn’t everything perfect to get the lead over sainz, not sure how ocon got a penalty turning in on Hamilton. Surprised the race only had the one red flag, Alonso holding everyone up was pretty funny must have been managing a issue.

My Ride
    Defender, Allroad

Monaco really does need to do something about their television coverage though. I really wanted to see that Ocon/Hamilton collision again where Ocon got the penalty and more angles of Max supposedly crossing the pit lane exit early.

Not sure how I feel about Alonso backing everyone up. Seems like justification for Monaco to lose the race, even though I love the tradition of it. If only they could widen a few corners or create a better DRS zone for passing...
    Those are the widest streets in Monaco, no where else would make sense. Walking around there is a mindfuck because of how damn tight everything is with normal car/foot traffic and then they throw the biggest F1 cars on the road and let them giver. Cool race venue, but the actual racing (passing) has always been shit.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by danno View Post
    Alonso holding everyone up was pretty funny must have been managing a issue.
    pretty hilarious to see

Name:  8685C451-D57B-4CC8-BDC6-727F9BF5942C.jpeg
Views: 288
Size:  30.0 KB

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I might re watch the first 20-30 laps, the rest was a snooze. Perez didn’t everything perfect to get the lead over sainz, not sure how ocon got a penalty turning in on Hamilton. Surprised the race only had the one red flag, Alonso holding everyone up was pretty funny must have been managing a issue.
    Almost no red flag with a car split in half lol. They cleaned that shit up quick, wheel-barreling that haas gearbox lol.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

not sure how ocon got a penalty turning in on Hamilton.
    Yea, that was pretty marginal. If the cars were reversed, I bet they'd still have given Ocon the penalty.

That said, given the shitty coverage, I'm not even sure I saw the contact that he received the penalty for.

Yea, that was pretty marginal. If the cars were reversed, I bet they'd still have given Ocon the penalty.

That said, given the shitty coverage, I'm not even sure I saw the contact that he received the penalty for.
    They definitely showed it. You can download the torrent for the race and replay all you want if you're interested. Wasn't much to see, Hamilton tried to do the ol dive on the inside. He didn't even get halfway up Ocon's car, Ocon made the turn and his rear wheel clipped Lewis front wheel and wing.

I was just picturing Alonso getting contacted on the radio. "Alonso, Ocon just ate a 5 second penalty for Lewis being a retard............again. Can you make Lewis' life hell for the rest of this race?" Alonso just says "Say no more"

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    They definitely showed it. You can download the torrent for the race and replay all you want if you're interested. Wasn't much to see, Hamilton tried to do the ol dive on the inside. He didn't even get halfway up Ocon's car, Ocon made the turn and his rear wheel clipped Lewis front wheel and wing.
    Yes, I saw that. But if you listen to the commentary (both during the race and post-race) it sounds like they had another moment that wasn't televised and no one was sure where the penalty came from.

I'm sure I could go find the decision and check the laps but either way, it was a pretty soft call if it was the incident I saw (here: https://youtu.be/qs4skHofmHA ). If they're going to be that tight throughout the year then fine but I guarantee they won't be.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

That wasn’t the incident. 1:41:25 on the F1TV replay, using ocons camera shows the incident. He moved under braking and squeezed Hamilton into the wall prior to turn 1. That’s what broke the front wing. It happened the lap after the above video.

Of course the tv director showed none of this. Not even a replay.

The above video angle is terrible. I don’t think there’s a good angle of the incident at all as Hamilton in car was broken, so it’s impossible to tell if he was ever significantly alongside Ocon, which would have given Hamilton the right to some space for turn 1. It’s Monaco, I’d say he was not significantly alongside and probably be correct haha. If that collision ended with Hamilton ahead, or ocon with damage, it would’ve went to a Hamilton penalty.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    ute

Doesn't Monaco famously use their own broadcast crew or something?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    Doesn't Monaco famously use their own broadcast crew or something?
    Not sure, thought that was Japan.

My Ride
    Family Hauler

Poor Chuck. Also Ricciardo going to get canned from McLaren soon? Tough to watch. Lesson is - if you are part of RBR, never leave for another team.

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    That wasn’t the incident. 1:41:25 on the F1TV replay, using ocons camera shows the incident. He moved under braking and squeezed Hamilton into the wall prior to turn 1. That’s what broke the front wing. It happened the lap after the above video.

Of course the tv director showed none of this. Not even a replay.

The above video angle is terrible. I don’t think there’s a good angle of the incident at all as Hamilton in car was broken, so it’s impossible to tell if he was ever significantly alongside Ocon, which would have given Hamilton the right to some space for turn 1. It’s Monaco, I’d say he was not significantly alongside and probably be correct haha. If that collision ended with Hamilton ahead, or ocon with damage, it would’ve went to a Hamilton penalty.
    Thank you. That's what I thought. Edit: here's the camera angle but yea, it looks like Ocon turned in leaving Hamilton nowhere to go: https://youtu.be/zmYg06WjWEc

And yes, it is Monaco that does its own coverage (well, a French broadcaster called TMC). Who can forget the cut to Lance Stroll last year when Vettel and Gasly were battling it out of the pit exit.

I think the BBC also does coverage at Silverstone and some Japanese network at Suzuka.
    Last edited by davidI; 05-30-2022 at 09:48 AM.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

It's interesting that F1TV seemed so replay happy for every other race and we'd sometimes miss important live things, then at Monaco where it tends to be very dully parade laps they can't even be bothered to show many of the interesting things that happened. Magnussen retiring got virtually no mention, Gasly's passes only had a couple shown, etc

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    It's interesting that F1TV seemed so replay happy for every other race and we'd sometimes miss important live things, then at Monaco where it tends to be very dully parade laps they can't even be bothered to show many of the interesting things that happened. Magnussen retiring got virtually no mention, Gasly's passes only had a couple shown, etc
    The max crossing yellow line took so long for replay to come up. It was explained in post race show that due to power failure, they had no access to replays, hence the broadcast was so bad. Half the on track passes were never even shown haha.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    The max crossing yellow line took so long for replay to come up. It was explained in post race show that due to power failure, they had no access to replays, hence the broadcast was so bad. Half the on track passes were never even shown haha.
    Ahh that makes more sense then. I heard about the power failure and that was part of the delayed start and the last red flag having a rolling start instead of a proper standing start. Didn't consider it affected the broadcast as well. That's a shame because as far as Monaco races have gone this was less dull than some of the prior years.

Page 33 of 66 FirstFirst ... 23 32 33 34 43 ... LastLast