2022 f1 - Page 46 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 46 of 66 FirstFirst ... 36 45 46 47 56 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 f1

My Ride
    Toyota’s

Day 2 of summer break

My Ride
    F10M/F87/NA2/W220/V90/E46ZHP/SE3P/DC2

Palou 2.0. Probably gonna pissed off all the Indy guys they signed as well... everyone thinks they have a chance at a F1 seat... GO MCLAREN!!

To add to the drama, autosports reported that Alpine had no idea Alonzo was leaving till AM announced the signing. Otmar Szafnauer has got some real work to do in his first year at Alpine

My Ride
    Exploded.

Spicy
    Doing It For the 'Gram

I ain't worried 'bout it right now..

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Quote Originally Posted by Team_Mclaren View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Palou 2.0. Probably gonna pissed off all the Indy guys they signed as well... everyone thinks they have a chance at a F1 seat... GO MCLAREN!!

To add to the drama, autosports reported that Alpine had no idea Alonzo was leaving till AM announced the signing. Otmar Szafnauer has got some real work to do in his first year at Alpine
    Someone on PlanetF1 posited that Alonso must have talked Piastri out of the Alpine seat citing some sort of dysfunction, but I find that hard to believe because he went to Aston Martin which, publicly, has had more dysfunction.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    rs4, ram, 675f3

I take it back, it’s spicy. Let’s go!!!!

My Ride

There is rumor that DR offered to go back to alpine.... Which would be heaven for McLaren. Its too bad that it didn't worked out for him tho.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by schocker View Post
    lol, looks like mclaren pulled another palou
    Palou's and Piastri's tweets are like McLaren templates or something lol.

I just feel bad for O'Ward. He's decent talent, dreams of being in F1, but not good enough to be there as McLaren clearly has better options.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    Palou's and Piastri's tweets are like McLaren templates or something lol.

I just feel bad for O'Ward. He's decent talent, dreams of being in F1, but not good enough to be there as McLaren clearly has better options.
    Honestly thought DR's seat is between O'ward and Herta.

Here is a good take if anyone cares. I enjoy Saward's articles a lot
    https://joesaward.wordpress.com/2022...sonmagyarovar/

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Honestly thought DR's seat is between O'ward and Herta.

Here is a good take if anyone cares. I enjoy Saward's articles a lot
    https://joesaward.wordpress.com/2022...sonmagyarovar/
    Yea, but if you had a Piastri come up as available, you’re fucking them both. Herta, not a huge deal as it was a favor for Andretti. He hasn’t proven anything either. O’Ward has been loyal but he made it publicly clear that McLaren was fucking him out of an unpromised f1 seat. He’s fast on the best of days, but he’s also inconsistent. His aggressive driving style also would be problematic with f1 tires.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride

Piastri > any indy driver right now. that is a fact.

Reading a lot of different reports and rumors cause I love this shit.

Here is the timeline that I believe in:
    - Alonso wants a multi-year deal, that is clear. Alpine wont do it cause they want Piastri to be their driver in 2024.
    - Alonso went to AM and Stroll quickly signed him for a multi-year deal. Also as a fuck you to Otmar Szafnauer whom left his team.
    - Otmar Szafnauer claimed that he didnt know about the AM/Alonso deal even though he's seen Alonso talking to AM. He got played hard
    - They also purposely did that after July 31 as there are reports that Piastri's reserve driver contract runs out on that date (why, i do not know)
    - Otmar Szafnauer went to Piastri to tell him the seat is his, only to have it backfired.
    - Piastri apparently already had extensive talks with other team (Mclaren?) so he said no thanks.
    - Alpine had no idea that this would happen, so now they're fucked.

Alonso had a IG post with a random thumps up mins after Piastri's announcement. So these is something to believe that he knew this all along.

Amazing

My Ride
    Lariat 2.7 & StreetTriple R

I think I might run out of popcorn before this summer break ends.

What is El Plan 2.0?

My Ride
    rs4, ram, 675f3

Albon to stay at Williams. Not surprising.

Love Alonso’s Instagram after Oscar’s announcement.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Also funny that Otmar claimed he couldn't reach Alonso because he was vacationing in the Greek islands with no reception. Then bam, Alonso posts on IG haha.

Alonso's a troll to entertain us all.

My Ride
    95B

FA is such a drama queen. If he feels that his team mate is out performing him he bails.
    Personally I think Oscar Piastri is going to loose this. I don't know why McLaren gets into this legal mess.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by ganesh View Post
    FA is such a drama queen. If he feels that his team mate is out performing him he bails.
    Personally I think Oscar Piastri is going to loose this. I don't know why McLaren gets into this legal mess.
    It's like that every silly season. But to have a rookie driver decline a drive is rare af. It's basically no risk for Mclaren, they are smart this time and announced nothing. If this all plays out the way Brown sees it, they get Piastri and DR goes back to Alpine. Which is a huge win for Mclaren.

My Ride
    95B

It's like that every silly season. But to have a rookie driver decline a drive is rare af. It's basically no risk for Mclaren, they are smart this time and announced nothing. If this all plays out the way Brown sees it, they get Piastri and DR goes back to Alpine. Which is a huge win for Mclaren.
    If it is going to play out according to Brown's plan McLaren will end up paying financially.
    Yes McLaren didn't announce anything but the only way Oscar is declining this because he has an agreement with McLaren.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

I said as much about Ocon outperforming Alonso thus far in the season on PF1 and got ripped on it. I didn't say he was outperforming by a big margin, but boy were they not having it.

The only way Piastri ends up at McLaren is if Ricciardo decides to decline his option (presumably he'll get a buyout), right? With Albon re-upping at Williams, that only really leaves Alonso's old seat at Alpine and, I guess, maybe Latifi's seat at Williams. Everyone else seems pretty shored up.

Maybe I've missed something, but wasn't this the soonest Piastri would've likely gotten an F1 drive anyways?
    Before the season:
    -The top 3 clearly weren't changing their lineup.
    - Aston Martin had Stroll (who we all know wasn't going anywhere) and Vettel (who was at least committed through to the 2022 season)
    - McLaren extended Norris and Ricciardo still had 2022 plus an 2023 option, so he likely wasn't going anywhere until at least 2023.
    - AT wasn't changing from Gasly and Tsunoda, nor was it ever a possibility that Piastri could've taken one of those seats anyways.
    - AR just signed Zhou and Bottas, so no opening for him there.
    So his only chances were:
    - Williams - they had Latifi's money and chose Albon
    - Haas - had an opening after the the Mazepin thing, but went with Magnussen
    - Alpine - whom he was contracted to and was probably his only shot, but extended Ocon (who is young and was performing consistently with reasonable results) and Alonso (aging, but still driving really well)

It seems to me that Vettel's retirement was probably the best thing that happened to him as it opened up a spot that Alonso ultimately took, freeing up a space with the team that had been giving him all his practice mileage and sessions.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Weird longshot but do you think there could be a shuffle at Alpha Tauri?

Maybe Tsunoda might not get renewed at AT? I think in terms of performance he's done fine but there's been some issues with his attitude / communication skills, wonder if at some point maybe they'd rather roll the dice with a different rookie?

Also I know Gasly posted he'll be with AT for 2023 but wonder if he might get a chance to swap into a better car if a seat opens up from all the other shuffling? I really can't see Gasly having a long term future at RBR after his flop in the lead car.

Normally I'd think not but realistically RBR needs to start looking for someone to swap in for Perez in a couple years. Right now I just can't see that being either of the AT drivers.
    Last edited by pheoxs; 08-03-2022 at 02:20 PM.

My Ride

If it is going to play out according to Brown's plan McLaren will end up paying financially.
    Yes McLaren didn't announce anything but the only way Oscar is declining this because he has an agreement with McLaren.
    How so, it's been reported that Mclaren doesnt/wont pay for any break fees. But we'll never find out.

All depends on how airtight Oscar's contract is, there has been rumor that his contract stated that he'll have a drive in 2023 but no specifically with Alpine. He was free to negotiate with other teams because it was assumed that Alonso would stay and there would be no place for him at Alpine. This is how this mess has come about. Alpine didnt know he has secured a seat so they announced him as their driver, only to get completed blindsided again.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by sexualbanana View Post
    The only way Piastri ends up at McLaren is if Ricciardo decides to decline his option (presumably he'll get a buyout), right? With Albon re-upping at Williams, that only really leaves Alonso's old seat at Alpine and, I guess, maybe Latifi's seat at Williams. Everyone else seems pretty shored up.

Maybe I've missed something, but wasn't this the soonest Piastri would've likely gotten an F1 drive anyways?
    Before the season:
    -The top 3 clearly weren't changing their lineup.
    - Aston Martin had Stroll (who we all know wasn't going anywhere) and Vettel (who was at least committed through to the 2022 season)
    - McLaren extended Norris and Ricciardo still had 2022 plus an 2023 option, so he likely wasn't going anywhere until at least 2023.
    - AT wasn't changing from Gasly and Tsunoda, nor was it ever a possibility that Piastri could've taken one of those seats anyways.
    - AR just signed Zhou and Bottas, so no opening for him there.
    So his only chances were:
    - Williams - they had Latifi's money and chose Albon
    - Haas - had an opening after the the Mazepin thing, but went with Magnussen
    - Alpine - whom he was contracted to and was probably his only shot, but extended Ocon (who is young and was performing consistently with reasonable results) and Alonso (aging, but still driving really well)

It seems to me that Vettel's retirement was probably the best thing that happened to him as it opened up a spot that Alonso ultimately took, freeing up a space with the team that had been giving him all his practice mileage and sessions.
    The soonest Piastri gets a drive is 2023 no doubt. The question is where. That's why this is so intriguing. No one would've thought that he would decline Alpine's seat once Alonso moves. I wont be surprised that DR declines his option with no break fee and goes
    back to Alpine. It's probably better for him as he gets another mid field team without getting destroyed every Sunday.

Lets all keep in mind that any contract can be broken, remember when Williams signed three drivers lol.

Page 46 of 66 FirstFirst ... 36 45 46 47 56 ... LastLast