Quantcast
2022 f1 - Page 47 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 47 of 66 FirstFirst ... 37 46 47 48 57 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 f1

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by ganesh View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If it is going to play out according to Brown's plan McLaren will end up paying financially.
    McLaren doesn't have to pay shit. All the lawsuits are are between the drivers and previous teams, Palou with Chip Ganassi, and Piastri with Alpine. Worst is they have to choose another driver in their stable to fill a seat.

Quote Originally Posted by sexualbanana View Post
    I said as much about Ocon outperforming Alonso thus far in the season on PF1 and got ripped on it. I didn't say he was outperforming by a big margin, but boy were they not having it.
    Alonso fans were the most toxic until Max fans came along. I feel sorry for Stroll next year, being Alonso's teammate. Hope he has skin as thick as his eyebrows.

Quote Originally Posted by Team_Mclaren View Post
    Lets all keep in mind that any contract can be broken, remember when Williams signed three drivers lol.
    That was Sauber haha.

That said, people are also forgetting McLaren needs to sign drivers, as they're starting a Formula E team next year and needs to fill 2 seats. I always thought the Palou situation was to replace Rosenqvist in Indycar but turns out he doesn't want to live in US and wants to move back to Europe. No way he'd jump into a F1 seat, so it's probable that he slots into a Formula E seat.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    McLaren doesn't have to pay shit. All the lawsuits are are between the drivers and previous teams, Palou with Chip Ganassi, and Piastri with Alpine. Worst is they have to choose another driver in their stable to fill a seat.
    If DR wants to stay but McLaren would rather Piastri then they'd have to buy out DR somehow would they not? I thought that was the consensus of his current contract situation at McLaren.

Would actually be funny if McLaren has to buy out DR and then DR signs big with Alpine and double dips in cash.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    If DR wants to stay but McLaren would rather Piastri then they'd have to buy out DR somehow would they not? I thought that was the consensus of his current contract situation at McLaren.

Would actually be funny if McLaren has to buy out DR and then DR signs big with Alpine and double dips in cash.
    I don’t think anyone knows the exact terms of the DR contract. DR has said it’s a 2 year with 3rd year as an option favoring him, while McLaren has said there are out clauses for the 3rd year option. IIRC there were old reports that his contract stipulates he’s #1 driver, but clearly that’s either not true, or he’s so slow he can’t be in a #1 position. I would be surprised if it had no exit clause for either side tho.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    F10M/F87/NA2/W220/V90/E46ZHP/SE3P/DC2

The reported initial offer from Alpine to Alonso was 1 year plus 1 year of team option. He didnt like that so he "secretly" went to Stroll and AM threw more money at him with a 2 year plus 1 year driver option. I truly thinks that stroll did it to fuck with Otmar.

Brown had stated that they have an out clause with DR, DR said that the out clause is on him to exercise only. So who knows. If DR is smart he'd get out and go back to Alpine where he is wanted with a similar performance car.

I don't know what to believe in all this drama? I just cannot believe this Piastri kid could have so much conceit about his abilities that he could start playing games like this before he even has his ass in a seat for his first FP1 in the league. He obviously has something concrete worked out behind the scenes already, or he would be the stupidest gambler alive to outright dunk on Alpine and kick them to the curb on social media like that. He easily could have saved face and just said that he doesn't have a signed contract, but looks forward to negotiations with anyone interested in his services. I would laugh my ass off if this play blew up in his face and he missed his F1 career because he didn't act smart and take the for sure drive for 2023.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Quote Originally Posted by Team_Mclaren View Post
    The soonest Piastri gets a drive is 2023 no doubt. The question is where. That's why this is so intriguing. No one would've thought that he would decline Alpine's seat once Alonso moves. I wont be surprised that DR declines his option with no break fee and goes
    back to Alpine. It's probably better for him as he gets another mid field team without getting destroyed every Sunday.

Lets all keep in mind that any contract can be broken, remember when Williams signed three drivers lol.
    So is Piastri just essentially throwing a fit because he didn't get a 2022 ride despite there likely not being one anyways?
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    ute

Name:  297079169_1376048512889174_2447163672681487584_n.jpg
Views: 497
Size:  187.1 KB

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by sexualbanana View Post
    So is Piastri just essentially throwing a fit because he didn't get a 2022 ride despite there likely not being one anyways?
    A few articles coming out today saying Piastri had already signed with McLaren a day before Alonso announced moving to AM. So when Alpine announced Piastri was their driver, he already had a contract with McLaren.

Looks like its fairly solid that Ricciardo is going to Alpine next season.

My Ride
    F10M/F87/NA2/W220/V90/E46ZHP/SE3P/DC2

Brown is a contract genius

My Ride
    Exploded.

https://www.planetf1.com/news/haas-h...-talks-report/

Silly season continues

According to the German broadcaster, “Schumacher will not get a new contract with his Haas team during the summer break as team boss Guenther Steiner is no longer in a hurry to negotiate an extended contract with the driver”.

RTL says that is because of how the Aston Martin situation played out, Haas believing they are now the 23-year-old’s only option.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

The latest Piastri news has the CRB ruling for McLaren, so Piastri is taking Ricciardo's seat. A few details on McLaren needing to buy out Ricciardo's contract, with Alpine being the most likely destination.

Only one source, so probably not 100% reliable till we see more clarifications.

FIA's contract recognition board, where all F1 contracts are ratified, is said to have validated Piastri's new contract with McLaren at the expense of his existing deal with Alpine.

Furthermore, RacingNews365.com understands that Piastri has a contract with Alpine for 2022, but not for 2023. His 2022 deal is said to contain an option on Piastri's services for 2023, but that option was not exercised within the required 30 days of signing that contract.

My Ride
    Exploded.

DR to Haas; Mick to Alpine

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

PF1 is reporting that DR is asking for a $21-million buyout and the option is entirely on his end. Considering DR was really just a bystander when all this began, I think it's funny that he holds the key.

Supposedly, the buyout would also require him to not drive F1 next year or else he would have to pay back the salary from the new team or the $21M (whichever is lower). But I imagine he'll just collect his cheque and go race in NASCAR for a year or the rest of his career.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    rs4, ram, 675f3

Apparently he is or was in Montana recently, he had a YouTube video about it.

My Ride
    Defender, Allroad

DR spends his summer break in the US quite often. That's why him going to Indy, Nascar, etc. has some appeal to him.

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Weird longshot but do you think there could be a shuffle at Alpha Tauri?

Maybe Tsunoda might not get renewed at AT? I think in terms of performance he's done fine but there's been some issues with his attitude / communication skills, wonder if at some point maybe they'd rather roll the dice with a different rookie?
    Just catching up on this thread but I've been reading a lot about Honda renewing its F1 interest and it sounds like they'll continue helping RBR with motors for the next few years so I think Tsunoda will be secure just from that. One article even suggested Honda was totally backtracking and even looking at buying a team now. Who knows, but I think having a Japanese driver will make a lot of financial sense to team owners. Then again, maybe Tsunoda goes to Williams and Honda takes them over?

Gasly is in a tough spot. I don't think he's received enough attention this silly season but I can see him ending up at Alpine with Ocon and DR in Indy Car or something - he'll not only rake in the contract exit pay but I can see him getting massive US sponsorships through his DTS popularity and general personality.

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Not sure if this was already posted but I'm loving it (been pretty much without WiFi the last few week).

My Ride
    95B

DR is out of McLaren after the reported buyout.

My Ride
    Toyota Christopher Lambert

Gnsp

Page 47 of 66 FirstFirst ... 37 46 47 48 57 ... LastLast