Quantcast
2022 f1 - Page 36 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 36 of 66 FirstFirst ... 26 35 36 37 46 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 f1

My Ride
    Lariat 2.7 & StreetTriple R

Some people just watch the Monaco GP, and none of the other races. Just like people watch the Indy 500 and dont watch Indycar. Its one of those money making triple crown ultra achievement races, and to me its not going anywhere.

What next, the LeMans 24hrs is going to be only 2 hrs long because there's no one watching?
    Last edited by OTown; 06-05-2022 at 12:02 AM.

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Quote Originally Posted by OTown View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Would have been interesting to see how the cars raced without the rain this race. I think we would see a vast improvement since they can follow eachother much better now
    Even with the aero I think passing at Monaco will always be difficult, though Gasly made a couple nice moves this year.

It will always be a quali track but I do hope it stays in the circuit rotation for the glitz, glamour, and tradition (but televised by F1 instead of the inept French).

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by OTown View Post
    Would have been interesting to see how the cars raced without the rain this race. I think we would see a vast improvement since they can follow eachother much better now
    Did you miss the back 2/3rds of the race? Haha

Alonso train from 7th till the end tells you everything you need to know about passing at Monaco with this years regulations.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Toyota’s

Quote Originally Posted by riander5 View Post
    Ricciardo going to get canned from McLaren soon? Tough to watch. Lesson is - if you are part of RBR, never leave for another team.
    This is what I'm wondering too. Tons of talk about it over the last week or two, but someone on reddit posted Maclaren's stats and supposedly Danny's been within a position or two of Lando in every race he's finished this year, and his DNF's/bad results were due to mechanical failures not driver error? I'm too lazy to confirm that but the point was he's basically just as fast as Lando.

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Quote Originally Posted by birdman86 View Post
    This is what I'm wondering too. Tons of talk about it over the last week or two, but someone on reddit posted Maclaren's stats and supposedly Danny's been within a position or two of Lando in every race he's finished this year, and his DNF's/bad results were due to mechanical failures not driver error? I'm too lazy to confirm that but the point was he's basically just as fast as Lando.
    He's had bad luck this year with mechanical and car issues so far but I think his lap delta to Norris when the car is running well is still significant.

My Ride
    Lariat 2.7 & StreetTriple R

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    Did you miss the back 2/3rds of the race? Haha

Alonso train from 7th till the end tells you everything you need to know about passing at Monaco with this years regulations.
    From what I recall there was still a bit of wet and a clear dry line that would have been sketchy to pass off of. But I could be wrong

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Ferrari shitting the bed before the usual shitting the bed after summer break.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Ferrari shitting the bed before the usual shitting the bed after summer break.
    Yea, made for a bit of a snoozer.

Good to see Vettel and Danny Ric in the points. Gasly had a nice race too.

Not sure what happened to Checo's pace after his amazing start but it's probably what RBR wanted without needing to issue team orders.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Alpha Tauri duct tape ftw

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by davidI View Post
    Not sure what happened to Checo's pace after his amazing start but it's probably what RBR wanted without needing to issue team orders.
    Kinda funny after all the rbr team orders shit talk over the years, even with Perez having no pace, they still felt the need to issue a no fighting radio order, and hold him up for 3 sec for no reason other to ensure he doesn’t get an undercut haha.

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Kinda funny after all the rbr team orders shit talk over the years, even with Perez having no pace, they still felt the need to issue a no fighting radio order, and hold him up for 3 sec for no reason other to ensure he doesn’t get an undercut haha.
    The no fighting thing made sense given the lap deltas between them. No point in burning up both driver's tires when it was clear Max was going to be able to pass him eventually.

The pit stop thing was rather strange though. I didn't see what happened but I can't imagine there being an order to count a couple of extra steamboats while doing the stop!

I was really hoping for Checo to maintain first but for whatever reason his pace really suffered after the first few laps - I'm still not clear why but he was complaining about lack of grip.

My Ride
    ute

yeah, but Max is the GOAT

My Ride
    Exploded.

Those horse engines don’t like Baku

My Ride
    Toyota’s

I'm gonna be in Montreal next weekend...any tips or must see events? Kind of going in blind but I've got race tickets and a place to sleep.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by birdman86 View Post
    I'm gonna be in Montreal next weekend...any tips or must see events? Kind of going in blind but I've got race tickets and a place to sleep.
    4am smoked meat on poutine.

Drinks

Strippers.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    4am smoked meat on poutine.

Drinks

Strippers.
    Does it matter what order?

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Quote Originally Posted by flipstah View Post
    Does it matter what order?
    All at the same time.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by davidI View Post
    I was really hoping for Checo to maintain first but for whatever reason his pace really suffered after the first few laps - I'm still not clear why but he was complaining about lack of grip.
    Both drivers were given laptimes to adhere to. Perez followed them. Max did not. Later on in the race, Max’s engineer told him to slow down as he was exceeding target. He said slowing down would cool the tires too much. At this point max was given a faster target. Perez was not. The gap was purely because of team orders, and one guy not respecting them.

Who knows what the real pace between the 2 would’ve be. Team didn’t let it happen. Only comparison points were Max trying to go for fastest lap on lap 50. Team was not happy and reminded him to just bring it home. He didn’t have traffic and still failed to beat Perez’s fastest lap. The other comparison was Perez’s fastest lap which was set on lap 36. Both him and Max pitted together and came out with fresh tires under VSC. Max set his fastest lap on 36, Perez then beat him right after, and that time stood.

My Ride
    This and that.

Not surprising considering Max is Horner's golden child and they are up each other's assess all the time.

Ferrari shitting the bed is becoming common place. I just feel bad for Leclerc cause he should be leading otherwise.

Old man Ham looks like high have tweaked his back. Can't believe how shitty of a car they are being given and how GR is able to get the best out of it every time. Mr. Consistency title is well earned. Ham prolly so pissed at himself for not being able to beat his own team mate, but I think they were given different car setups based on what one of the commentators said.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by shakalaka View Post
    Not surprising considering Max is Horner's golden child and they are up each other's assess all the time.
    Just want to be clear, I have zero issues with team orders. What I have an issue is the whining over the years about how fair rbr are letting drivers race, blasting Mercedes for favoring Hamilton and screwing Bottas just to create drama, even when Mercedes has used orders to favor Bottas, then turn around and be hypocrites and team order the shit out of Perez this year.

Quote Originally Posted by shakalaka View Post
    Can't believe how shitty of a car they are being given and how GR is able to get the best out of it every time. Mr. Consistency title is well earned. Ham prolly so pissed at himself for not being able to beat his own team mate, but I think they were given different car setups based on what one of the commentators said.
    Lewis has been experimenting for the team. He had a different spec floor that did not work today, and lost half a second a lap on just the front straight alone from bottoming out and bouncing. That explains today. There were days where his setup worked better, but he’d get screwed by bad safety car timing. Guys run out of luck for this year haha.

Page 36 of 66 FirstFirst ... 26 35 36 37 46 ... LastLast