Page 59 of 66 FirstFirst ... 49 58 59 60 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 1314

Thread: 2022 f1

My Ride
    06 S2000

Quote Originally Posted by cjblair View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Because the FIA is the paragon of transparency and good ethics
    Well obviously! Only they can properly justify any torches and pitchforks!
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    My car sounds like shit.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    If I overspend on engineering, then not include catering in my cost cap submission to stay under the cap, am I really breaching because of catering?

But on brand for RBR marketing and PR to blame and meme catering to win the court of public opinion that a slap on the wrist is fair. A drink company can get away with that. Would Ferrari and Mercedes be able to clear their names as cleanly if they leverage this loophole in the future? Doubtful.
    One reason I saw that seemed sorta valid is each team is allowed 3 exempt employees, typically your executives. So Horner and Wolff aren't part of the cost cap. RB expected Marko Helmut to be exempt as he's in their top 3 paid people but because he's a consultant and not an employee he wasn't able to be one of the exemptions. That pushed them over and then obviously the PR team tried to spin it a different way saying catering and sick leave and such instead now.

No idea how true that rumor is but I can see both sides why that's reasonable (Since he's a key pillar of their team and paid as such) and why it's not valid (Since Helmut Inc. or whatever could sneak in other costs on the books and could be viewed as a loophole).

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

My Ride
    F10M/F87/NA2/W220/V90/E46ZHP/SE3P/DC2

Quote Originally Posted by BerserkerCatSplat View Post

So apparently Gasly and Ocon (and specifically their families) have been feuding since their kart days. DTS directors salivating.
    Joe Saward is a fuckign legend. Really enjoy his blog over the years. He says it like it is.

still think Ocon is hugely overrated.

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Quote Originally Posted by BerserkerCatSplat View Post

So apparently Gasly and Ocon (and specifically their families) have been feuding since their kart days. DTS directors salivating.
    I still don't know the family feud story but there were rumours that Gasly "stole" Ocon's girlfriend years back but netiher have owned up to it AFAIK.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by davidI View Post
    I still don't know the family feud story but there were rumours that Gasly "stole" Ocon's girlfriend years back but netiher have owned up to it AFAIK.
    https://www.planetf1.com/features/es...-relationship/

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Quote Originally Posted by Team_Mclaren View Post
    That reads like the Alpine PR Team's spin on the subject. Nothing from that story would justify families being banned from the track.

I mean, not many driver's get along with their teammates for the competitive reasons stated in this piece but they all suck it up and put on a smiley face for the cameras.

My Ride
    Exploded.

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Joe Saward is a fuckign legend. Really enjoy his blog over the years. He says it like it is.
    It's always such a great read, the sport is lucky to have him.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    One reason I saw that seemed sorta valid is each team is allowed 3 exempt employees, typically your executives. So Horner and Wolff aren't part of the cost cap. RB expected Marko Helmut to be exempt as he's in their top 3 paid people but because he's a consultant and not an employee he wasn't able to be one of the exemptions. That pushed them over and then obviously the PR team tried to spin it a different way saying catering and sick leave and such instead now.

No idea how true that rumor is but I can see both sides why that's reasonable (Since he's a key pillar of their team and paid as such) and why it's not valid (Since Helmut Inc. or whatever could sneak in other costs on the books and could be viewed as a loophole).
    The latest rumor not from Red Bull is that it has to do with Adrian Newey. He’s not an employee and doesn’t qualify as a top 3 salary exemption. What makes it even more complicated is rbr took his contract costs and split them out for f1 vs other projects (such as Valkyrie) then try to employee exempt it. Rbr trying to justify it saying Adrian neweys f1 contributions are minor, while Newey has been interviewed talking about how this is his greatest design achievement last week.

If it is indeed true and centers around Newey, one of the greatest if not greatest f1 car designer ever, that’s a good reason why so many team principals are pissed.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

The latest rumor not from Red Bull is that it has to do with Adrian Newey. He’s not an employee and doesn’t qualify as a top 3 salary exemption. What makes it even more complicated is rbr took his contract costs and split them out for f1 vs other projects (such as Valkyrie) then try to employee exempt it. Rbr trying to justify it saying Adrian neweys f1 contributions are minor, while Newey has been interviewed talking about how this is his greatest design achievement last week.

If it is indeed true and centers around Newey, one of the greatest if not greatest f1 car designer ever, that’s a good reason why so many team principals are pissed.
    Based on Newey's "How to Build a Race Car" book they agreed to create a Red Bull Advanced Technologies company so he could pursue other projects such as America's Cup and the RB17 Road Car (Valkyrie).

I mean, his impact on the design and build of the new 2022 car was probably major but hard to determine where his actual time was spent in 2021 since they also tied up with Alignhi for America's Cup in 2021 and it seems Newey was the main driving force behind that.

My Ride

To be honest, who didnt see this coming? As many rules you can put towards it, there are a million variables and accounting methods. It's no surprise that someone disagrees with certain ways of accounting.

This isnt a salary cap where it's fairly black and white. Even a salary cap like the one in the NHL has tons of loopholes

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

To be honest, who didnt see this coming? As many rules you can put towards it, there are a million variables and accounting methods. It's no surprise that someone disagrees with certain ways of accounting.

This isnt a salary cap where it's fairly black and white. Even a salary cap like the one in the NHL has tons of loopholes
    Yep. Not to mention how companies and governments play with their financials to fit their preferred narrative. At the same time, I would support a point penalty for this season just to make the next races more interesting. Apparently DTS is lobbying for a 100 point penalty to RBR for this season.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

You can’t penalize this season for last years cap infringement. Literally in the cap rules.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

You can’t penalize this season for last years cap infringement. Literally in the cap rules.
    You know what else is in the cap rules?

Not breaking them
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

If that's the case, it's the biggest loophole yet. Why wouldn't a backmarker team just completely blow out the budget on car development and take a penalty on their already shitty results so that they're competitive in future years?

My Ride
    Defender, Allroad

The backmarkers are artificially handicapped by their own budgets. They don't have the wallets of Ferrari, Mercedes and RB. Finding just another 10-20 million isn't easy for them.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by davidI View Post
    If that's the case, it's the biggest loophole yet. Why wouldn't a backmarker team just completely blow out the budget on car development and take a penalty on their already shitty results so that they're competitive in future years?
    A larger breach of the cap could lead to penalty points in the WCC or disqualification all all together for the prior season. The teams receive money based on their WCC standings so it could be a significant financial blow.

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Quote Originally Posted by npham View Post
    The backmarkers are artificially handicapped by their own budgets. They don't have the wallets of Ferrari, Mercedes and RB. Finding just another 10-20 million isn't easy for them.
    I'm mostly thinking of Aston Martin...

Plus if Ford or Audi come in and want to jump the ranks why not just throw an extra $50 million at the team with the next year's performance in mind and accept the loss/DQ for the prior year?

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

I do wonder how a new team would be allowed to enter. Surely you can’t be competitive designing a car from scratch on the same budget as teams just updating last years car. Would they get an extra X$ amount for their first year development or rather they get to spend the cap each year but they enter into racing 2-3 years down the line?

Page 59 of 66 FirstFirst ... 49 58 59 60 ... LastLast