Quantcast
Rear Ended: Insurance Question - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Rear Ended: Insurance Question

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by ShermanEF9 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The rear end of my truck got hit last year in may from an oncoming car.
    moved the truck over 6 feet but only did about 8k in damage....
    Name:  Screenshot_20220110-181513_Meme Generator Free.jpg
Views: 425
Size:  447.6 KB

My Ride
    Non Baller Vehicles

Wife got t-boned in her truck in 2015, bent the frame, write off

North-East non-insured cunt with an expired license and registration that hit her, of course gave it the whole "I know a good bodyshop, I'll pay it outside of insurance"

She still gets muscle and joint pain in her neck and back from that

It all went through insurance, but we'll never see any pain and suffering money or the deductible back

My Ride
    '16 F150 Lariat, 17 Shelby GT350, '21 Explorer ST

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    Name:  Screenshot_20220110-181513_Meme Generator Free.jpg
Views: 425
Size:  447.6 KB
    You really don't like me for some reason.

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by ShermanEF9 View Post
    You really don't like me for some reason.

That's not true, at all.
    I simply don't understand how the rear can be hit from an oncoming car and what "moved the truck over 6 feet" means.
    The crash mangled the body of the truck by 6 feet?

My Ride
    '16 F150 Lariat, 17 Shelby GT350, '21 Explorer ST

Thats fair. I guess I could explain.

Car infront of me turned left, hit a car coming opposite direction and they came over the median and smashed the back end of the truck, and hit me with enough force that the tail end of the truck moved over 6 feet. Literally the dumbest accident I have ever been around or a part of. The worst part is me and my girlfriend watched the car hit us, so we were both twisted when it hit. The majority of the damage to the car was from going under my truck.

Name:  accident.png
Views: 450
Size:  2.52 MB

My Ride
    6.2 / 690

100% go through insurance and even contact a lawyer for injury claims.

My Ride
    E46 M3

So I did a rolling bump into a guy's rear bumper at a yield sign. Damage appears minimal, small dent on black plastic trim piece from his rear bumper. No damage to my car. No injuries, that we know of, as it was low speed. 100% my fault and I'm okay going through insurance but my premiums would go up for such a small incident.

The guy actually brought up the settling outside insurance route. I've never done it before so not sure how the process works. Is there any way he can screw me over after I give him a cash settlement? He had already called his insurance and told them what happened so I was confused why he came back afterward saying we can settle outside with cash. Can you notify insurance of an accident without making a claim?

He's a bit odd too, didn't even talk to me the first 10 mins after the bump, just came out and took a bunch of pics/videos. Didn't answer when I asked if he was okay and when I offered him my papers/info he just kept ignoring me and walking around taking photos, weird vibes.

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Any updates, @gwill ?

Quote Originally Posted by The BMW Guy View Post
    So I did a rolling bump into a guy's rear bumper at a yield sign. Damage appears minimal, small dent on black plastic trim piece from his rear bumper. No damage to my car. No injuries, that we know of, as it was low speed. 100% my fault and I'm okay going through insurance but my premiums would go up for such a small incident.

The guy actually brought up the settling outside insurance route. I've never done it before so not sure how the process works. Is there any way he can screw me over after I give him a cash settlement? He had already called his insurance and told them what happened so I was confused why he came back afterward saying we can settle outside with cash. Can you notify insurance of an accident without making a claim?

He's a bit odd too, didn't even talk to me the first 10 mins after the bump, just came out and took a bunch of pics/videos. Didn't answer when I asked if he was okay and when I offered him my papers/info he just kept ignoring me and walking around taking photos, weird vibes.
    If you went this route I'd document and keep a copy of everything you can. Copy of the quote(s) for how much it'll be to fix, any texts or emails you have talking about doing things outside of insurance, pictures, of the damage, a photocopy of the bank draft with his name on it, and a release signed by him stating that you are giving him $XXX for these specific damages caused on this date. If you just gave him money and walked away there's nothing stopping him from taking it and going through insurance anyway.

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Quote Originally Posted by The BMW Guy View Post

Have them sign a release of liability form at the transaction. Lots of templates available online. If you have no signed record of the settlement they could absolutely screw you and go through insurance afterwards. And yes, one can absolutely notify their insurance of a collision without initiating a claim, or cancel the claim afterward.

https://www.lawdepot.ca/contracts/re...bility/?loc=CA

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3