Quantcast
New vehicle order and dealership interest hike at Shaw GMC Calgary? - Page 7 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 6 7

Thread: New vehicle order and dealership interest hike at Shaw GMC Calgary?

My Ride
    Chevy Colorado ZR2

Quote Originally Posted by andyg16 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Awesome, will do

Went in to discuss a factory order on a full size SUV and the forced dealer add-ons were almost $7k lol...hard pill to swallow. Basically was told if I don't want to pay that they won't sell me a vehicle, keep in mind it would be a factory order with 6-9 month wait not immediate delivery.
    I do not get a discount on a factory order as well.

Dealers are willing to move the vehicle already in stock.

Being a repeat customer helps as well.

What is the breakdown of the dealer add-ons? I know for a fact that they will push the Suntek PPF and Smart Care Package for $2,400.

It was basically Suntek PPF, Smart Care and ceramic coating for just under $7k. I don't have the exact number in front of me, they didn't split them into 3 separate costs just the one number. I kind of get where they're coming from, I see people asking well over MSRP for some of these vehicles used and the dealers want their piece of the pie. Luckily I'm not in a huge rush but want to get an idea of where we're sitting today if I want to order something. Also hoping Toyota releases pricing on the Sequoia soon since that looks like it may be a decent full size contender after the re-design.

My Ride
    Chevy Colorado ZR2

Quote Originally Posted by andyg16 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It was basically Suntek PPF, Smart Care and ceramic coating for just under $7k. I don't have the exact number in front of me, they didn't split them into 3 separate costs just the one number. I kind of get where they're coming from, I see people asking well over MSRP for some of these vehicles used and the dealers want their piece of the pie. Luckily I'm not in a huge rush but want to get an idea of where we're sitting today if I want to order something. Also hoping Toyota releases pricing on the Sequoia soon since that looks like it may be a decent full size contender after the re-design.

I did not just walk in and ask for a discount. We were under the negotiation phase since November and built a relationship over the months, as a customer and seller in a business transaction.

No incentives on factory orders. This applies to all dealerships, not just this one.

Unless you work for Toyota corporate, you will be out of luck in ordering either the Sequoia or LX600, they are both about 2 years away on factory orders.

Also, Toyota sells at MSRP even before Covid, you'd have a hard time on a discount or removing forced dealer add-ons.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 6 7