Quantcast
Mandatory Asymptomatic Testing? CBE requires self-testing - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Mandatory Asymptomatic Testing? CBE requires self-testing

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My old daycare used to take their temps with a super accurate, #1 fermometer. It would frequently read as low as 34°C and they'd let them in but theoretically if it said 38.000 they'd be denied entry.
    #Helping
    I’m allowed to “take her temperature” myself for the purposes of this form.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Nothing more accurate then the hand on the forehead.

Quote Originally Posted by That.Guy.S30 View Post
    Re infection is quite common especially if the first infection is mild. That's what the news is not telling you.
    I do find that interesting. When i Googled this 2 months ago there wasnt a lot discussed on this topic. Other then some hockey players getting it twice you don't read or hear much on those getting it a second time.

Turns out getting covid a second time is pretty easy.

My Ride
    *The First*

bUt NaTuRaL iMmUnItY gUyZz!¡!!

I'll never understand why so many people became convinced this thing was like Chicken Pox...

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

You didn't hear about it because most people weren't getting re-infected until Omicron showed up. It's different enough that previous infections, and vaccines aren't protecting as much.

Those of us infected with omicron will probably be good for a couple of newer variants, then one will come out different enough that we'll be weak to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    You didn't hear about it because most people weren't getting re-infected until Omicron showed up. It's different enough that previous infections, and vaccines aren't protecting as much.
    This. Omicron is blowing past everything, doesn’t matter if it’s natural immunity or vaccinated immunity. Almost everyone I know who’s had previous Covid is still getting omicron. The shortest time between the 2 infections of people I know is 30 days. Lots of free vacation time haha.

No clue what natural immunity is doing in terms of severe outcomes since we don’t really have that data, but vaccines are still significantly reducing the chances of hospitalizations and ICUs. That we have data for.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Turbo stuff

I had vanilla covid in 2020. Over the christmas break two weeks ago my GF got covid, sick for 2 ish days, unsure but probably omicron. She did her 10 day isolation from the outside world but apart from that we took no precautions within our home, shared the same bed, boned a couple times, I never caught it.
    Last edited by Sentry; 01-17-2022 at 02:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gwill View Post
    my kid just tested positive for the second time in 60 days. Figure that one out. The rapid test from school instantly changed colors. So far rest of house is good still.
    I thought you could still test positive for months after having covid still? Has your kid had other negative tests in-between during this time?

Edit, found it on the Government website:

PCR positivity may persist or fluctuate for weeks or in some cases months, and positive results particularly within 3 months of a previous infection may not represent a true reinfection. However, it is not clear how soon after a COVID-19 diagnosis reinfection may occur and it has been reported within less than 2 months. Differential diagnoses along with relevant clinically appropriate investigations should be considered in the evaluation of any
    Last edited by Pauly Boy; 01-17-2022 at 02:12 PM.
    Originally posted by killramos
    It's a Chrysler, it won't last long enough to depreciate.

My Ride
    R50

Quote Originally Posted by Sentry View Post
    I had vanilla covid in 2020. Over the christmas break two weeks ago my GF got covid, sick for 2 ish days, unsure but probably omicron. She did her 10 day isolation from the outside world but apart from that we took no precautions within our home, shared the same bed, boned a couple times, I never caught it.
    Fact. Husband on wife action is generally COVID-safe due to the minimal face to face interactions involved.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by Pauly Boy View Post
    I thought you could still test positive for months after having covid still? Has your kid had other negative tests in-between during this time?

Edit, found it on the Government website:

PCR positivity may persist or fluctuate for weeks or in some cases months, and positive results particularly within 3 months of a previous infection may not represent a true reinfection. However, it is not clear how soon after a COVID-19 diagnosis reinfection may occur and it has been reported within less than 2 months. Differential diagnoses along with relevant clinically appropriate investigations should be considered in the evaluation of any
    Hence, you can skip PCR test re-entering Canada if you have verified proof of infection up to 180 days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    No clue what natural immunity is doing in terms of severe outcomes since we don’t really have that data, but vaccines are still significantly reducing the chances of hospitalizations and ICUs. That we have data for.

T cell is probably saving our ass.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/corona...says-1.5726468
    Last edited by Xtrema; 01-17-2022 at 03:50 PM.

My Ride
    General Motors Competizione

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Had a chat with the moms at the bus stop today. Seems like everyone is doing a slightly different version. Some schools haven't sent home test kits yet, some have. Some are asking for weekly, some twice a week, and one mom said she planned to test people with symptoms. Don't think there is any way to "compel" submission of results, so it's all basically voluntary testing and voluntary disclosure. If a person was thinking selfishly, they'd see that asymptomatic testing can have no benefit for a household of healthy vaccinated people.

Kinda suspect a bunch of schools will be shut down due to staffing issues soon enough. Fuck I'm so done with all this.
    Not CBE, but here's my opinion on self-testing in my situation.

We had somebody test positive in our class of 11 students. He's at home now for however long you're supposed to be on the shelf for. Now we have to self-test 3 times in the next 7 days. I don't see any upside for me to self-test without symptoms, but the thing here is that if 3 of us are positive at the same time, classes shut down and we all go online. So while I might not feel any symptoms, I might be positive, and pass it onto 3 students who do get symptoms, and then we all have to go home. If I can pull myself out of circulation before that happens, then it's better for everyone else.

On the other hand, this isn't over until we all get it, and anything that prolongs that outcome just makes things worse, so maybe fuck it let her rip is the best answer. I just don't necessarily hate the idea of self testing if it can be the lesser of two unattractive outcomes.
    2007 GMC 2500 Duramax
    1981 GMC C1500 454

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2