Putin vs Ukraine. - Page 93 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 93 of 138 FirstFirst ... 83 92 93 94 103 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,860 of 2745

Thread: Putin vs Ukraine.

My Ride
    11sec S14, Lux Family Bus, VQ35HR

Von Braun yes
    paperclip yes,
    Indentured servants/slaves? Nah. The US just needed their rocket tech and could look past the whole master race thing in this regard.

Yeah, thats what I would assume too.

You don't get to be the head of NASA as a slave, you also don't have the president sitting beside you being a slave. Those scientists who were Nazi sympathetic went to the USA, those scientists who were Communist sympathetic went to Russia. I don't think any scientist of any worth (especially a military scientist) was allowed to stay in Germany.

The moon landing has great importance on assumption it did not happen. The implication would be that Russia got the more capable scientists first.

But it does implicate the USA a little bit. Pretty much all of those 1,400 scientists were some of the nastiest people to exist (of which probably another thousand of the nastiest scientists also went to Russia). To accept a scientific alliance with a former Nazi any better than accepting an alliance with a former murderer? The decision could have been made that any military scientist that directly caused mass death would simply be placed behind bars for life and none of them go to Russia or the USA (as much as a waste of talent that would be)

Thats not to say you have to be a Nazi to run NASA, its just that it seems to work out that way. China officially got no German scientists, rocket or otherwise. Might explain why they are working on 12 watt per mile human transport on the ground, instead of 2 million pounds of fuel to go 250 miles up.

Maybe both the USA and Russia got corrupted on the wrong path. Use evil scientists, get evil results.

Realistically: I am not sure what value a rocket has when your grandma (or forward looking: Grandkids) can't get enough energy to survive a summer or winter. Nazi tend to not worry about such trivial things, and only see superiority in things like rocket design. Moon landing might still go down in history as the most egregious mis-allocation of money, effort and resources, especially if some sort of electric or quantum propulsion is figured out.
    Last edited by ZenOps; 07-02-2022 at 07:09 PM.
    Cocoa $11,000 per ton.

Its worthy of note though: Many German scientists claim that they were indentured servant slaves to the German Nazi party before being brought into NASA.

Basically forced against their will to use scientific research to create some of the most horrific weapons known to man (short of nukes)

Of which I find hard to believe, is anyone at Raytheon being forced to develop weaponry for the USA (and if the USA somehow loses really badly someday, will those same scientist claim that they were forced by the government?)
    Last edited by ZenOps; 07-03-2022 at 08:11 AM.
    Cocoa $11,000 per ton.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by ZenOps View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Its worthy of note though: Many German scientists claim that they were indentured servant slaves to the German Nazi party before being brought into NASA.
    Basically forced against their will to use scientific research to create some of the most horrific weapons known to man (short of nukes)
    I do agree that if there were any that were forced to work for the Nazi's it's probably anecdotal at best as most left in the months after Hitler's restoration of civil service decree. Most of those who were on the fence to leave previously then left immediately after war broke out. Those that remained like Herr Von Braun for example eventually became a Lieutenant in Himmler's SS unit. You don't promote people who you're forcing to work.

I concede that Von Braun's activity in the SS is probably an exception and most "reluctant" scientists just did their work and didn't care who was paying the bills.

Obvious media blackout has me wondering who is winning.

Might not know for a long time, so instead: How WWII unfolded assuming human army presence dictates borders.

Cocoa $11,000 per ton.

My Ride

That vid is awesome. Winter War, USSR divisions surrendering en masse. The speeches in the background. Wish there was one for the Pacific. Important point that this vid touched on, Stalin asked to join the Axis, and was ignored.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Fight Fascist, get Lada.

China for sure and India probably would have been screwed (probably would not exist) if Hitler accepted Stalin as an ally. Finland was solidly on the side of the Nazis when invading Russia (and their 24 million deaths in a matter of months). I would assume that even before any targets in the USA, Finland would be nuked first as of 2022.

https://metro.co.uk/2022/05/25/finla...tack-16712266/

Finland chose its side, and lost. I'm surprised that Russia did not ask for the entirety of the nation of Finland be dismantled. If NATO accepts Finland (and kicks out Turkey), I would assume NATO to have gone full Nazi. NASA was Nazi, and has as of 2022 returned to its roots ( supremacist in action, and supremacist in thought ) on its own merit - which is disturbing.

Buzz looking more and more like Mussolini every day now. India might invade Sri Lanka at this rate.

Some say that where Hitler made the fatal mistake, was accepting Japan as an ally and not Russia. Western views WWII more as a three way fight.
    Last edited by ZenOps; 07-22-2022 at 05:16 AM.
    Cocoa $11,000 per ton.

My Ride
    2019 Peterbilt

Quote Originally Posted by ZenOps View Post
    China for sure and India probably would have been screwed (probably would not exist) if Hitler accepted Stalin as an ally. Finland was solidly on the side of the Nazis when invading Russia (and their 24 million deaths in a matter of months). I would assume that even before any targets in the USA, Finland would be nuked first as of 2022.

https://metro.co.uk/2022/05/25/finla...tack-16712266/

Finland chose its side, and lost. I'm surprised that Russia did not ask for the entirety of the nation of Finland be dismantled. If NATO accepts Finland (and kicks out Turkey), I would assume NATO to have gone full Nazi. NASA was Nazi, and has as of 2022 returned to its roots ( supremacist in action, and supremacist in thought ) on its own merit - which is disturbing.

Buzz looking more and more like Mussolini every day now. India might invade Sri Lanka at this rate.

Some say that where Hitler made the fatal mistake, was accepting Japan as an ally and not Russia. Western views WWII more as a three way fight.
    Great Lex Fridman podcast with Olver stone. Back in May. Very good, and I didn't even know Stone did a 4 hour documentary on Putin in 2016. Will have to check that out.

Old news, but it somehow sneaked by me:

New York runs a 90 second advertisement on what to do in case a nuclear blast hits:

New York is not a primary target by my estimation. Calgary and Edmonton? Lets just say not at the bottom.
    Last edited by ZenOps; 07-23-2022 at 04:42 PM.
    Cocoa $11,000 per ton.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Media and personal coverage on this war has died down significantly. I still follow it though, and came across this excellent timeline piece Link

My Ride
    Z

Yea that's a super good article
    Z32 TT
    1996 Integra - winter beater with studs - RIP (deer)
    2002 WRX - to be sold
    2010 sti - winter

My Ride

That's an excellent article. I was a little sketched out to click the link at work, but a good read.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Birth 10 kids, get $16K and a medal.
    https://www.cnbc.com/2022/08/18/russ...-children.html

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    Birth 10 kids, get $16K and a medal.
    https://www.cnbc.com/2022/08/18/russ...-children.html
    The crashing birthrate across developed countries is a massive problem.

My Ride
    Trucks

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    The crashing birthrate across developed countries is a massive problem.
    Wrong. The not crashing birth rates in the developing countries is the massive problem.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by Darell_n View Post
    Wrong. The not crashing birth rates in the developing countries is the massive problem.
    Name:  _113374329_projected_population640-nc.png
Views: 323
Size:  24.9 KB

This is a 2017 prediction.

Africa will own the world by end of century. All developed countries population will be too few and too old, especially ones that doesn't embrace immigration AND set up to country to be desired destination for immigration.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 08-18-2022 at 10:26 AM.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by Darell_n View Post
    how so?

Problem in the WRONG people are having kids.

Educated, stable people realize the burden kids can place on their lifestyle and make a choice.

Uneducated, unstable people reproduce like rabbits and don't GAF about their offspring*

*generalization, but still accurate.

My Ride
    Trucks

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    how so?
    They all need to crash. Pollution and climate change wouldn’t even be a topic if we were all at 19th century population levels.

Page 93 of 138 FirstFirst ... 83 92 93 94 103 ... LastLast