ute

this is awful news.

Oh wait, I don't care.

My Ride
    Toyota, VQ35DE, B58

Name:  Dont worry about what you cant control.jpg
Views: 383
Size:  33.0 KB

Clearly China will be fine under Xi, and I am certain that chinese people in general won't care what's happening in Ukraine

"There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know."
    -- Donald Rumsfeld

I clearly overestimated Putin, what a dumb move.

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Putin saw an opportunity with weak woke western leadership obsessed with culture and pronouns and took it. He will have control over all of Ukraine in less than a month.

Quote Originally Posted by jutes View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Putin saw an opportunity with weak woke western leadership obsessed with culture and pronouns and took it. He will have control over all of Ukraine in less than a month.
    Agreed, only I think it'll happen faster than a month.

Buster, you might care when you see what this does to the stock market and all your investments - prepare for another 3000pt loss at least on top of the bloodbath that's already happened, and that's IMO a best case scenario, ie none of the Nato members have people killed, which could invoke article 5 very quickly, and put us smack dap into WW3 in a day or less.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by Gman.45 View Post
    Agreed, only I think it'll happen faster than a month.

Buster, you might care when you see what this does to the stock market and all your investments - prepare for another 3000pt loss at least on top of the bloodbath that's already happened, and that's IMO a best case scenario, ie none of the Nato members have people killed, which could invoke article 5 very quickly, and put us smack dap into WW3 in a day or less.
    It's just Ukraine, not somewhere important. Nobody is going to let this get out of hand.

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

Quote Originally Posted by Shlade View Post
    That's crazy scary. I really hope this is limited to military targets. I did predict a few pages back that Russia will launch long range weapons against various targets, no point using old technology when advanced weapons are available. I got family in Kiev, I hope they and all civilians remain safe.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Many in the industry thinks correction is coming one way or another anyway. Putin only accelerated it.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by eblend View Post
    That's crazy scary. I really hope this is limited to military targets. I did predict a few pages back that Russia will launch long range weapons against various targets, no point using old technology when advanced weapons are available. I got family in Kiev, I hope they and all civilians remain safe.
    i thought that looked fake as fuck

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    i thought that looked fake as fuck
    Could be, I'm no expert in military hardware to tell apart, but if real seems crazy. Guess the west finally poked the bear a bit too much and now will see the consequences, ofcourse all the while playing innocent to their own hand in this crisis.

I've seen what looks like pretty credible Iskander ballistic missile strike explosions already all across various military feeds I've been watching, and those are just for starters. Wait until the mobile artillery, free rocket over ground, Grads, and especially air power get into it.

The video in the twitter post here, is short range air defense missiles going UP. Russian Iskander ballistic weapons, cruise missiles in their final stages, etc, come DOWN.

Not get out of hand.... I've been in several war zones, and have yet to see one kept in hand. Plus with Biden at the helm of the US forces, which essentially means Nato forces...couldn't asked for a more squared away leader right now, right?!

Even under great leadership conditions, all it takes is one Nato country to commit some air power for "defense" in Ukraine airspace to get smoked, or for Russian air assets to get into it with those stationed in the Latvian/Estonian/Lithuanian/Polish/etc/etc border countries, and article 5 comes into effect.
    Last edited by Gman.45; 02-24-2022 at 12:08 AM.

My Ride
    ute

I've seen what looks like pretty credible Iskander ballistic missile strike explosions already all across various military feeds I've been watching, and those are just for starters. Wait until the mobile artillery, free rocket over ground, Grads, and especially air power get into it.

The video in the twitter post here, is short range air defense missiles going UP. Russian Iskander ballistic weapons, cruise missiles in their final stages, etc, come DOWN.

Not get out of hand.... I've been in several war zones, and have yet to see one kept in hand. Plus with Biden at the helm of the US forces, which essentially means Nato forces...couldn't asked for a more squared away leader right now, right?!

Even under great leadership conditions, all it takes is one Nato country to commit some air power for "defense" in Ukraine airspace to get smoked, or for Russian air assets to get into it with those stationed in the Latvian/Estonian/Lithuanian/Polish/etc/etc border countries, and article 5 comes into effect.
    My guess is everyone on both sides knows exactly how this is going to play out.

I'm sure you've been in war zone. And precisely zero of the ones you have been in have gotten out of hand geopolitically.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    My guess is everyone on both sides knows exactly how this is going to play out.

I'm sure you've been in war zone. And precisely zero of the ones you have been in have gotten out of hand geopolitically.
    Ya, I guess the disintegration of Yugoslavia, and everything that came out of that war, stayed under tight geopolitical control. Afghanistan and Iraq too.

Putin threatened the US and Nato with nuclear weapons a few hours ago, if anyone interfered with this current invasion. I guess all of our current leaders such as Trudeau, Biden, etc, know precisely how this is going to safely play out, and can be trusted to keep the reigns on things in terms of geopolitics.

Odds are, Ukraine will end up under Russian control, maybe it'll give the Western part back eventually, and this war won't spread outside of Ukraine's borders. But it's far from a guarantee. Far from it. Playing with this kind of fire, you only get burned once. And we aren't just dealing with Russia, China could make a move for Taiwan anytime now as well, it's certainly positioned to in military terms.
    Last edited by Gman.45; 02-24-2022 at 12:24 AM.

My Ride
    ute

Ya, I guess the disintegration of Yugoslavia, and everything that came out of that war, stayed under tight geopolitical control. Afghanistan and Iraq too.

Putin threatened the US and Nato with nuclear weapons a few hours ago, if anyone interfered with this current invasion. I guess all of our current leaders such as Trudeau, Biden, etc, know precisely how this is going to safely play out, and can be trusted to keep the reigns on things in terms of geopolitics.

Odds are, Ukraine will end up under Russian control, maybe it'll give the Western part back eventually, and this war won't spread outside of Ukraine's borders. But it's far from a guarantee. Far from it. Playing with this kind of fire, you only get burned once.
    Those conflicts all stayed regional. I don't expect this one to be any different

Geopolitics spread beyond regions, but you're right, in terms of conflict, the wars of the last 30 years haven't spread far beyond their regions, even Saudi's current war is still by definition in the mid east.

I hope you're right about this one, and agree the odds probably favor it, but even considering a wider European war to be "regional" still - so was WW2 for the first 3 years, until late 41 when Germany hit Russia, and Japan the USA. Look what that war was like, from 1939 to 1941.

My Ride
    ute

I don't see any conditions which would result in the conflict zone expanding past ukraine...and even then it might be a few weeks of conflict.

My Ride
    LEXUS LX470

So far it looks like russian ground forces in donbas and air/missile strikes all over ukraine at military infrastrucuture.
    Tap, Rack, BANG!

LG USA axed its solar panel production entirely. Has me thinking they are going to be making more bullets. That and that they cannot compete with China when Quantum dot technology takes over.

USA will most likely be invading Ukraine in a matter of days.
    Last edited by ZenOps; 02-24-2022 at 05:12 AM.
    Cocoa $12,000 per ton.

Page 9 of 138 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 19 ... LastLast