Quantcast
Putin vs Ukraine. - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 137 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Putin vs Ukraine.

Default Putin vs Ukraine.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/whi...inent-n1287649

Maybe now or never. Putin definitely has the early advantage. The longer he waits, the more munitions from NATO can be shipped in.

Also has an extreme financial advantage, in that if the rest of Europe does not fall in line, he can simply turn off the natural gas at any price.
    Trumps' signature is fraud by design.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Quote Originally Posted by ZenOps View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/whi...inent-n1287649

Maybe now or never. Putin definitely has the early advantage. The longer he waits, the more munitions from NATO can be shipped in.
    It's a tense situation for sure, and I find it surprising that at least in that article, the US isn't threatening anything more than sanctions. Whoopie. Russia has been sanctioned up the butt since the beginning of time - that won't likely sway them.

On the other hand, does Putin really want to toy with the idea of war? The international community would look down on them heavily if they invade, and Russia is not quite the same country they were under communist rule.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

The international community didn't say fuck about Russia annexing 2.4 million people in the crimea. Why would we do differently with the next logical step.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Nissan x2

If you aren’t following https://mobile.twitter.com/DarthPutinKGB you should.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    The international community didn't say fuck about Russia annexing 2.4 million people in the crimea. Why would we do differently with the next logical step.
    It's like Taiwan, half population is pro motherland. It's hard to defend once Russian troop is on the ground.

If military option is out, and Germany suckling on mother Russia's teats for natural gas anyway, Putin can just walk in and win.

EDIT: I guess Germany is ready to freeze their people in protest. lol.
    https://www.reuters.com/world/europe...ne-2022-01-18/

I don't know, is all these unrest a net positive for Calgary? After all, I can almost say that at least 1 house is paid for by US invading Iraq.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 01-18-2022 at 05:11 PM.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Canada is too stupid to export LNG directly to our allies. Coukd save the climate and the economy of our friends, but nah brah.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Toyota, VQ35DE, B58

This seinfeld episode always came to my mind whenever Ukraine is mentioned.

"There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know."
    -- Donald Rumsfeld

My Ride
    Bicycle

Canada is too stupid to export LNG directly to our allies. Coukd save the climate and the economy of our friends, but nah brah.
    It doesn't have to. Someone else will and commodity prices will rise. High tide float all boats.

Can Russia annex Canada?

Quote Originally Posted by suntan View Post
    Can Russia annex Canada?
    Yup, they do have arctic soldier training. But, a war in January overland in Asia has always ended in retreat.

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

Ukraine agreed to the Minsk agreement with Germany, France and Russia that they would resolve the issue in Donbass diplomatically, grant them some independence ect...in 2014....that's 8 years ago....and they did none of it. I have family in Ukraine and my last name is Ukrainian, and most people in Ukraine can speak Russian fluently and almost no-one spoke the local language until recently, and that country, right up until the coup in 2013 everything was pretty much normal, hell my mom went to see her mom in Kiev and it was a nice peaceful place....now it's just a poor shithole that dug itself into a big hole and can't get out of it. I have 0 sympathy for them. Their president is about as useless as Trudeau with 0 diplomatic experience except for his TV show career...sounds familiar.

I love the part where Ukraine is like "stop Nord Stream 2, sanction it, if you don't we will lose billions in transit fees from Russia..."..........I'm sure Russia wants to pay you billions for transit when all you do it call it the enemy..bunch of morons.

Anyways, don't think Russia will attack personally, but who knows. I bet after they get rid of the nazis and diehard Ukrainians, most would put down their arms and surrender, there is no winning and most of these people are ethnically Russian...just living in Ukraine....so they have no reason to lose their life over some diehard ideology.

I love the part where Canada said their would help....with what army exactly?

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by eblend View Post
    Trainers and small arms. Like every time. If it's safe, may be some peacekeepers.

I kinda know that whole thing is about Nord Stream 2. So @eblend , do you think the regime change in 2014 is just or just another proxy theatre amongst major powers?
    Last edited by Xtrema; 01-19-2022 at 06:09 PM.

My Ride
    LEXUS LX470

It is funny how russia is painted by the western media in this situation for deploying troops within its own borders. Yet nato's steady advance eastward is somehow non-aggressive? Even after the promise to russia that no eastward expansion would happen. Well obviously russia is not going to trust nato/usa and if you think they had any choice but to secure crimea as their warmwater port then you are delusional.

Im not saying russia is blameless in the current donbass situation but it is certainly not as straightforward as the western media portrays it to be. And it makes me super cringe when canadian pms (harper included) threaten russia. Like, wtf are you going to do? Fly your non-existant f35s over there to fuck shit up? Or deploy your newly commissiond icbreaker with its defenses that consist of 1 singular machine gun? Its embarassing. We used to have the second largest airforce in the world and now our military capabilites are almost non-existant despite the great soldiers we have.

Edit: I am also strongly suspicious of the regime change back in '14 and dont doubt the cia had a role to play there. No coincidence that hunter biden ends up getting rich of ukrainian natural resources.
    Tap, Rack, BANG!

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    Trainers and small arms. Like every time. If it's safe, may be some peacekeepers.

I kinda know that whole thing is about Nord Stream 2. So @eblend , do you think the regime change in 2014 is just or just another proxy theatre amongst major powers?
    Can we send all our pistols?

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

do you think the regime change in 2014 is just or just another proxy theatre amongst major powers?
    Absolutely. Covert CIA ops all over the place try to change influence and gain power over Russia. It's so sad, I consider Russians and Ukrainians as same people, our brothers, and it was always a brotherly relationship for the most part...all down the drain now. Anytime USA gets involved, it's pretty much always ends up a shit show...you would think they would realize this by now. I would also not be surprised if same thing wasn't happening in Kazakhstan a few weeks ago, and Belarus a bit earlier to that. All of these countries have a close connection to Russia, most people in the soviet times relocated there and Russian is a major language, so they are natural targets for USA to get involved from across the ocean and fuck shit up for Russia, it's sworn enemy...despite being allies in WW2..

I love the part where USA is okay with eastward expansion and putting bombs in Eastern Europe, yet when Russia says they will do so in Cuba and Venezuela (another failed coup by CIA I am sure) USA calls it aggression......the double standards are pretty amazing.

Anyways this is getting too political for me!

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Quote Originally Posted by eblend View Post
    Ukraine agreed to the Minsk agreement with Germany, France and Russia that they would resolve the issue in Donbass diplomatically, grant them some independence ect...in 2014....that's 8 years ago....and they did none of it. I have family in Ukraine and my last name is Ukrainian, and most people in Ukraine can speak Russian fluently and almost no-one spoke the local language until recently, and that country, right up until the coup in 2013 everything was pretty much normal, hell my mom went to see her mom in Kiev and it was a nice peaceful place....now it's just a poor shithole that dug itself into a big hole and can't get out of it. I have 0 sympathy for them. Their president is about as useless as Trudeau with 0 diplomatic experience except for his TV show career...sounds familiar.

I love the part where Ukraine is like "stop Nord Stream 2, sanction it, if you don't we will lose billions in transit fees from Russia..."..........I'm sure Russia wants to pay you billions for transit when all you do it call it the enemy..bunch of morons.

Anyways, don't think Russia will attack personally, but who knows. I bet after they get rid of the nazis and diehard Ukrainians, most would put down their arms and surrender, there is no winning and most of these people are ethnically Russian...just living in Ukraine....so they have no reason to lose their life over some diehard ideology.

We sent a minister to showcase our strength in gender diversity in politics.

Canada is an irrelevant international embarrassment under Turdeau.

No need to panic. There is plenty of buckwheat and matches.

Sometimes I think the translation is off, and other times I'm pretty sure the matrix shows its glitches in mysterious ways.

My Ride
    Bmw and ford

That requires evil evil pipelines and we need atleast 40 years to make that type of decision…

My Ride
    Bmw and ford

?
    You are right but wtf are they training on at this point ? How to build a hole and hide in as the Russian blitz rolls overhead ?

He's just Putin his stamp on the world.

Page 1 of 137 1 2 11 ... LastLast