Putin vs Ukraine. - Page 78 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 78 of 138 FirstFirst ... 68 77 78 79 88 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,560 of 2745

Thread: Putin vs Ukraine.

My Ride
    6.2 / 690

Quote Originally Posted by ZenOps View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm going to say standard military tactic that you always send on your cheap and expendable units first.
    This has been completely debunked. Plenty of highly trained boots on the ground in the first days of the invasion, which are now boots in the ground.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by jutes View Post
    It will take longer, but Russia will eventually declare their operation over and retreat.
    That's not going to happen or at least not in 2022. Russia will take the east. If Ukraine can't get rid of separatists in Donbas, it won't get rid of whatever Russia officially takes out east.

Everything NATO does is just making it as expensive for Russia as possible and make their military looks like a joke. But in the end, Russia will take the east unless NATO officially intervene and really they won't since EU can't stop using Russia's gas.

Putin wants the east so he can declare victory at home. Ukraine wants everything back. And US is making sure this will be Russia's Afghanistan and that took almost 10 years to play out. US also seems to love the inflation collateral as well as China's BRI partners are going bankrupt one by one. I think US wants this war to drag on.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 04-16-2022 at 08:47 AM.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    That's not going to happen or at least not in 2022. Russia will take the east. If Ukraine can't get rid of separatists in Donbas, it won't get rid of whatever Russia officially takes out east.

Everything NATO does is just making it as expensive for Russia as possible and make their military looks like a joke. But in the end, Russia will take the east unless NATO officially intervene and really they won't since EU can't stop using Russia's gas.

Putin wants the east so he can declare victory at home. Ukraine wants everything back. And US is making sure this will be Russia's Afghanistan and that took almost 10 years to play out. US also seems to love the inflation collateral as well as China's BRI partners are going bankrupt one by one. I think US wants this war to drag on.
    I think this is pretty close to the reality

Heavy bombers and fighters are in. Biden says "Genocide". Never seen such reckless running of the mouth.
    Cocoa $11,000 per ton.

My Ride
    4x4

Name:  FB_IMG_1650154581394.jpg
Views: 338
Size:  42.1 KB

My Ride
    2019 Peterbilt

It's strange to me that people keep saying Russia keeps losing, yet if you google pictures of Ukraine, it is destroyed and they control the east.

Exactly what John Mearsheimer predicted they would do - 8 years ago. Remeber. He said they don't want to take over the Ukraine. They want to destroy it.

Anyone else tired of seeing the fascist loving wanker Zelinski groveling for help on TV?

My Ride
    Nissan x2

I love watching Russias massive Army be absolute cowards and get their shit pushed in. The entire country is essentially the Middle East of the north and nothing to offer but oil and gas.

My Ride
    ute

I love watching Russias massive Army be absolute cowards and get their shit pushed in. The entire country is essentially the Middle East of the north and nothing to offer but oil and gas.
    I honestly thought they would roll over Ukraine. I wasn't expecting a shit kicking from the underdogs. I really want to know how much intelligence is getting fed to them from the US.

My Ride
    Trucks

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    I honestly thought they would roll over Ukraine. I wasn't expecting a shit kicking from the underdogs. I really want to know how much intelligence is getting fed to them from the US.
    The Ukrainians are coming off 8 years of on the job training defending their home while the Russians have been just fucking around with propaganda and sending their old junk from their warehouses on safari with conscripts. Whether or not that describes all of the Russian army, who knows?

My Ride
    2019 Peterbilt

Really? The US couldn't beat a few cave dwellers in 20 years.

My Ride
    LEXUS LX470

Putin is for sure kicking himself for not invading in 2014
    Tap, Rack, BANG!

Unlike the US, this is not a shock and awe. Although there was a good chance that Ukraine might have surrendered on the second day, it didn't happen.

Biden seems unwavering, he really wants this one to grow. Not sure why, but I can imagine it might be to get more funding from Europe through NATO.
    Cocoa $11,000 per ton.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

USA and most of Europe clearly has no problem with this war dragging on. I don't support that stance, but it's obvious. A negotiated settlement is possible and with economic support from USA and Europe, it wouldn't even be complex.

Sad that nobody seems to give a shit about saving Ukrainian lives.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    USA and most of Europe clearly has no problem with this war dragging on. I don't support that stance, but it's obvious. A negotiated settlement is possible and with economic support from USA and Europe, it wouldn't even be complex.

Or the tens of thousands of Russian conscripts killed. All on Putins hands.

24/7 satellite, drone and aircraft surveillance support. Not to mention a few "volunteers" from NATO special forces who've crossed the Polish border in plain clothing.

Ukraine won't give up Donbas to end Russia’s war.

President Volodymyr Zelensky told CNN that Ukraine is prepared to defend Donbas against Russian forces in a battle he says could influence the course of the entire war.

https://twitter.com/KyivIndependent/...CzxbOf6YgqAAAA

This will drag on for years unless Russia falls back.
    Last edited by jutes; 04-17-2022 at 09:29 AM.

A Russian leader throwing lives away???

I am shocked I tell you, shocked.

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post

How do you picture "economic support from US/Europe" fitting into this picture? I don't know what you mean.

I am not a fan of any type of negotiations where another foreign country barters away a country they don't own. See: Neville Chamberlain.

*Edit - I don't think you're suggesting that... But it's worth clarifying

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I don't have it all figured out by any stretch. But any negotiated settlement will involve Ukraine being smaller, military guarantees, and money to rebuild whatever is left of Ukraine.

Part 2 and 3 is where Europe and USA can be very supportive.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    2019 Peterbilt

Quote Originally Posted by ZenOps View Post
    Unlike the US, this is not a shock and awe. Although there was a good chance that Ukraine might have surrendered on the second day, it didn't happen.

Biden seems unwavering, he really wants this one to grow. Not sure why, but I can imagine it might be to get more funding from Europe through NATO.
    The Russians took MUCH more care to advance slowly, leave evacuation routes open etc...

They sacrificed many military lives to save civilian ones. Putin is a real man.

Whatever Biden accuses Russia of, the US has done 100x worse for sketchier reasons.
    Last edited by Yolobimmer; 04-17-2022 at 02:37 PM.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    How do you picture "economic support from US/Europe" fitting into this picture? I don't know what you mean.

I am not a fan of any type of negotiations where another foreign country barters away a country they don't own. See: Neville Chamberlain.

*Edit - I don't think you're suggesting that... But it's worth clarifying
    They aren't bartering with Ukraine, they are bartering with the leverage they provide. Which is fair.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

This will drag on for years unless Russia falls back.
    They won't fall back. At least, not so long as Putin is in power. From a political perspective, he will have to position his actions as having justified tens of thousands of Russian lives lost, and that can only happen if he can claim Russia gained something.

Ideally, he would have taken Kiev, installed his own government and left a legacy of a "great union". The risk being that Ukraine would likely have continued civil war, but that wouldn't really be his problem as long as he ensures his installed government remains in power.

So why not downscale the same approach, and create a buffer of republics. Again, they will see continued violence but no biggie, because it will show Ukraine attacking "independent republics". Maybe invade again when support for Ukraine has waned.

All so contrived.

Page 78 of 138 FirstFirst ... 68 77 78 79 88 ... LastLast