Quantcast
Putin vs Ukraine. - Page 22 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 22 of 138 FirstFirst ... 12 21 22 23 32 ... LastLast

Thread: Putin vs Ukraine.

My Ride
    2019 Peterbilt

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Basically make the border the dneiper river than I guess?

Yes. An independent territory. The Russians point to Kosovo as their precedent.

Did no one watch the Mearsheimer video?

The Russians must have a neutral zone with NATO.

The end.

Gawd so many idiots here!
    Why does no one listen to the intellectually superior @Yolobimmer he has the answer for everything and is never wrong!

My Ride
    2019 Peterbilt

Quote Originally Posted by vengie View Post
    Why does no one listen to the intellectually superior @Yolobimmer he has the answer for everything and is never wrong!
    Not at all. I even gave you resources to help yourself.

You know the average American doesn't want to risk their comfy lifestyle over the Ukriane which has no importance to them.

Plus your average Freedumb American is a coward who needs an ar15 to feel safe at Walmart.

Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    Not at all. I even gave you resources to help yourself.

You know the average American doesn't want to risk their comfy lifestyle over the Ukriane which has no importance to them.

Plus your average Freedumb American is a coward who needs an ar15 to feel safe at Walmart.
    We aren't talking about the "average American".

We are talking trained and equipped military vs trained and equipped military.

The Russians are poorly trained and I'll equipped. They are getting mopped by the Ukrainians thus far and their only hope is to overwhelm via sheer numbers aka the same WW2 strategy they deployed against the Germans.

It's failing.

Keep up.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

You guys gotta ignore that one. There's no juice inside the orange there.

Russian military is huge but run on a shoestring budget compared to its size. In the end money wins if it wants to.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    VW R32 Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I mean, that part of Europe has been thus for centuries.

One of the few Canadian writers worth reading on such topics is Conrad Black.
    https://nationalpost.com/opinion/con...n-civilization
    Attachment 104835
    Oh this wee thing? It’s just a regional flare up, with no residual or peripheral considerations for us of insular, and isolated indifference.
    Originally posted by sputnik
    Cell providers are the next Blockbuster video stores.

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Put that troll moron on ignore, preserve brain cells.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by ragu View Post
    Once an empire is built, rest of it is to solidify its position by keeping others from popping up. Europe is completely exposed. With lack of security around energy and other supply chains, US ain’t far away. Will take time but likely in our lives.
    Let's examine some notable American foreign military interventions since, say, WW1.

WW2: "France, Germany, Japan, most of the south pacific: here is your land back from oppressive governments, please setup functioning democracies and don't do this again. Rest of pacific: you're going to be destabilized and general fuckery will occur". That ain't empire building.

Korea: "We don't want communism, so we're going to fight it. But after you can have your country back, please setup a democracy (eventually), we'll even help you defend it." That ain't empire building.

Vietnam: See Korea

Central and South America: "We would rather have instability than Marxist/Communist regimes. Also stop trying to import coke into our country. Also fuck you Cuba." That ain't empire building.

Iraq and Afghanistan: "We need to project some power here, but afterwards we'll hand your country, could you guys setup democracies, and create nations. Fuck this isn't working." That ain't empire building.

There is a lot to complain about with American foreign policy and projection of power. But it is not in the DNA of the country to go conquer some land and make it theirs. The closest you could argue that this is the case with the US, is their projection of power to maintain the petro dollar and the USD as the reserve currency. Otherwise, one thing they understand is that it is beneficial to them for strategic foreign countries to be democratic. Democracies tend to not fight each other in wars and Americans tend to benefit from the economic expansion of foreign democracies.

(And yes, Kert was confused about the word anomalous.)

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

I by no means support the war that is happening now, but people seem to forget that Russia and Ukraine and both very well versed in propaganda, they were both of the same machine back in the day. Anyone who blindly believes what Ukraine has to say is the same idiot who blindly believes what Russia has to say.

This video by Sky News was kind of funny. Watched it this morning, at 1:41 you clearly see a dude on the steps with an SS badge on his shoulder....a true patriot of the Ukraine indeed...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngSy15kB8kA&t=100s

Name:  Ukraine.JPG
Views: 337
Size:  117.5 KB

There is so much misinformation going on it's crazy. Ukraine says Russians shot at the residential building, Russia says Ukraine's air defenses were mis-calibrated and shot their own building, you can choose who you want to believe.

Shit like this.....The official Twitter account of the Ministry of Defense for Ukraine posting a video of a SU-35 being taken out by a Mig-29.....from a freaking video game? If anyone thinks that it's only the big bad Russians who are lying in this conflict is sadly mistaken.

Name:  Ukrain2.JPG
Views: 329
Size:  68.2 KB

At least BBC is trying to debunk some of this shit. This is why I stay off Social Media, too many idiots making shit up for views and cred...

https://www.bbc.com/news/60528276

Also this was posted on Reddit and everyone told the guy to delete it.....so it was removed.....they were saying that he was giving away military positions to the Russians....I don't know much more about this but noone seems to be condemning the fact that this is artillery in a residential area. The caption said "Ukraine Army Begins to deploy artillery within residential areas"....I don't care who you are and which country you represent, but that's just fucking low. Using human shields is just fucking pathetic.

Name:  download.jpg
Size:  8.9 KB

Anyways, moral of the story, don't trust shit you see online and automatically assume that Ukraine = Angels and Russia = bad guy, they are both pretty fucking evil if you ask me, but what pisses me off is that the news never talk about Ukraine being a shithole with it's own sins, they just paint them all as a victim and freaking saints. Fuck I hate western media haha, they always only show one side of the conflict.

EDIT: Just realized that last picture was posted in the Ukraine subreddid, that's what it was taken down. All Russia has to do is to identify most people on that forum and they would have found all the extremists they been looking for....it's pretty vile shit in there.
    Last edited by eblend; 02-26-2022 at 12:36 PM.

My Ride
    ute

Western media is garbage.

But it's still better than the rest of them.

Oh I thought that was a ZZ Top fan.

My Ride
    2019 Peterbilt

Quote Originally Posted by eblend View Post
    I by no means support the war that is happening now, but people seem to forget that Russia and Ukraine and both very well versed in propaganda, they were both of the same machine back in the day. Anyone who blindly believes what Ukraine has to say is the same idiot who blindly believes what Russia has to say.

This video by Sky News was kind of funny. Watched it this morning, at 1:41 you clearly see a dude on the steps with an SS badge on his shoulder....a true patriot of the Ukraine indeed...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngSy15kB8kA&t=100s

Name:  Ukraine.JPG
Views: 337
Size:  117.5 KB

There is so much misinformation going on it's crazy. Ukraine says Russians shot at the residential building, Russia says Ukraine's air defenses were mis-calibrated and shot their own building, you can choose who you want to believe.

Shit like this.....The official Twitter account of the Ministry of Defense for Ukraine posting a video of a SU-35 being taken out by a Mig-29.....from a freaking video game? If anyone thinks that it's only the big bad Russians who are lying in this conflict is sadly mistaken.

Name:  Ukrain2.JPG
Size:  68.2 KB

At least BBC is trying to debunk some of this shit. This is why I stay off Social Media, too many idiots making shit up for views and cred...

https://www.bbc.com/news/60528276

Also this was posted on Reddit and everyone told the guy to delete it.....so it was removed.....they were saying that he was giving away military positions to the Russians....I don't know much more about this but noone seems to be condemning the fact that this is artillery in a residential area. The caption said "Ukraine Army Begins to deploy artillery within residential areas"....I don't care who you are and which country you represent, but that's just fucking low. Using human shields is just fucking pathetic.

Name:  download.jpg
Size:  8.9 KB

Anyways, moral of the story, don't trust shit you see online and automatically assume that Ukraine = Angels and Russia = bad guy, they are both pretty fucking evil if you ask me, but what pisses me off is that the news never talk about Ukraine being a shithole with it's own sins, they just paint them all as a victim and freaking saints. Fuck I hate western media haha, they always only show one side of the conflict.

EDIT: Just realized that last picture was posted in the Ukraine subreddid, that's what it was taken down. All Russia has to do is to identify most people on that forum and they would have found all the extremists they been looking for....it's pretty vile shit in there.
    Keep in mind, we have also been inudated with an anti Russia propaganda war for at least 7 years.

We've constantly been bombarded with "evil Russia", the US has been preparing for starting this war for many years. It had to start with propaganda.

My Ride
    M5 Competition

My Ride
    ute

Why would you need an ICBM when you share a border.

My Ride
    2019 Peterbilt

We aren't talking about the "average American".

We are talking trained and equipped military vs trained and equipped military.

The Russians are poorly trained and I'll equipped. They are getting mopped by the Ukrainians thus far and their only hope is to overwhelm via sheer numbers aka the same WW2 strategy they deployed against the Germans.

It's failing.

Keep up.
    The average American service person took the job for the super sweet communist pension deal. They have no stomach for a real war.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    Cause internet. Scary Russians under your bed.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Icbm is a weird choice for this type of battle. But I recall the MIRV being an awesome weapon in Scorched Earth.

- - - Updated - - -

ICBM basically useless against Ukraine. But useful for Britain, USA, Italy etc.

So, only required if we doing WWIII now.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Bicycle

I think this thing ain't wrapping by Sunday is going hurt Putin as his tough man image is ruined.

Hungary election is in about a month and anti-Russia/China sentiment is raising and Chinese and NATO hater Orban may not stay on.

If US planned this one, don't know if they expected this pays so much dividend.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 02-26-2022 at 01:07 PM.

My Ride
    General Motors Competizione

Inter Country Ballistic Missile.
    2007 GMC 2500 Duramax
    1981 GMC C1500 454

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

*laughs in north korea*
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

I am curious on Putins statement about consequesnces. Going towards Nukes is a big thing for everyone. That changes everything and I wonder if that point China and everyone else will just say cool it. If Putin did go towards nukes, I wonder if his own commanders will follow orders or decline. The nukes set a precident globally it becomes a free for all on each other.

I wonder what would happen if NATO did a mass airstrike on Russian forces IN Ukraine(not Russia). Technically its not on Russian soil. Also as a thought experiment, whats stopping Ukraine firing a missle(non nuke) towards Moscow or another Russian city? Its a hard punch to the bollocks psychologically. If Ukrain falls, it sets a global precident that countries can do whatever and the USA wont do shit. China will take Taiwan. But then again if Russian fails. What happens then?

Page 22 of 138 FirstFirst ... 12 21 22 23 32 ... LastLast