Quantcast
What would beyond do on an unsolicited buy offer? - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What would beyond do on an unsolicited buy offer?

A semi-detached home from 89Coupe (hahahaha)
    My Ride
    A Gallardo from SDS (hahahaha)

Quote Originally Posted by cjblair View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If a realtor cold-called me, then tried to propose a non-negotiable double-dip fee structure, I'd tell him to fuck a bag of broken glass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    I'd just jack up the price correspondingly.
    Why not both?

My Ride
    2011 Ralliart SB

Not one post on banging the realtors dad? Beyond you are slipping.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by colsankey View Post
    Not one post on banging the realtors dad? Beyond you are slipping.
    I thought most realtors didnt know who their fathers are

Hard pass on those fees. My neighbor used purple brick last year and said she saved a ton, im also getting ads of a realtor offering 2% fees or something like that. Your category of house is probably the most sought after right now so you could probably even buy a sign from the dollar store and post on your lawn lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by cjblair View Post
    Well, clearly, you are both more pragmatic than I am.
    Everything is for sale. Everything.

We just haven’t settled on a price yet.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Imagine how sleazy the one realtor is offering 525k when they can flip it for 600k so quickly....

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Yea. I bet he flips PlayStations on the side too.

Greasy bastard.

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    fact.

My Ride
    V8s

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    Everything is for sale. Everything.

We just haven’t settled on a price yet.
    Well, obviously. I never said selling would be off the table. Just dealing with that person would probably be a no from me.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Oh there is a price for dealing with that person.

fact.

Illiquid markets are death for brokers.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

My opinion only:

Right now is a fine time to downsize, but not upgrade. Everything is at a premium and if you consider it as a percentage basis being equal across all types of housing (which of course it isn't, but I have no information that indicates move-up houses increased at a different rate than starter homes) then the actual dollars you'd be spending to upgrade would be more now than if you wait for prices to level.

with that said, are there any guarantees we are in a bubble and that it will burst? Maybe this is the new norm? (I'm doubtful).

It's all relative. Move outside Alberta though, and perhaps the dynamic changes by virtue of a less hot market? (Or, alternative, gets worse if you wanted to move to the BC interior, as an example).

Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    My opinion only:

Right now is a fine time to downsize, but not upgrade. Everything is at a premium and if you consider it as a percentage basis being equal across all types of housing (which of course it isn't, but I have no information that indicates move-up houses increased at a different rate than starter homes) then the actual dollars you'd be spending to upgrade would be more now than if you wait for prices to level.

with that said, are there any guarantees we are in a bubble and that it will burst? Maybe this is the new norm? (I'm doubtful).

It's all relative. Move outside Alberta though, and perhaps the dynamic changes by virtue of a less hot market? (Or, alternative, gets worse if you wanted to move to the BC interior, as an example).
    Down size to a condo maybe but if youre in a big house and want to downsize to a smaller one good luck with saving/making anything, the single below 650k is probably the hawtest right now. If he waits for prices to level to upgrade he also wont be getting the crazy amounts hes been offered now, at the end of the day unless he sells and rents or moves out of town he'll sell high/buy high now or sell lowish/buy lowish later.
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

My Ride
    Cayman

Well after talking to this realtor and telling him that we will not sell until until I have found a suitable house to move in to he said not to worry about hanging on a bit longer as his offer will only get larger once we hit spring and summer. So for now I am crossing my fingers that I will get something good for $750k-$800 which would have cost $600-$680k last year... and that I will move out of my tiny starter home and sell it for $650k+ come spring.

btw the realtor that is helping me find a house mentioned that the Remax team that he works under came across a few realtors with the Ontario/Vancouver connection that will not move on their 7 and 3 commission this week. They claim that because they have a buyer who will pay cash and unconditional that there is no leg work required by the sellers and their realtor besides reviewing documents. So in my case I was offered no charge by my realtor to deal with the other party and review docs if I buy through him or for a small fee take photos and list to see if we can get a higher offer and if not go with the other guy.

I guess I will post once this is over on how the whole experience. Now I wonder if we will all get screwed on the property taxes next year when the city decides to asses homes on these inflated sale prices and just gouges everyone with a 30-60% property tax hike.

If the offer stands no matter what why not get an offer in hand with money down now with a move out in 6 months??Im going to guess they'll turn this down and they won't be around in spring or summer.

One thing to ponder as you wait around on the potential offer is how the world 6 months from now looks like. Will things be better off? It will matter for these investors.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by Proyecto2000 View Post
    Well after talking to this realtor and telling him that we will not sell until until I have found a suitable house to move in to he said not to worry about hanging on a bit longer as his offer will only get larger once we hit spring and summer. So for now I am crossing my fingers that I will get something good for $750k-$800 which would have cost $600-$680k last year... and that I will move out of my tiny starter home and sell it for $650k+ come spring.

btw the realtor that is helping me find a house mentioned that the Remax team that he works under came across a few realtors with the Ontario/Vancouver connection that will not move on their 7 and 3 commission this week. They claim that because they have a buyer who will pay cash and unconditional that there is no leg work required by the sellers and their realtor besides reviewing documents. So in my case I was offered no charge by my realtor to deal with the other party and review docs if I buy through him or for a small fee take photos and list to see if we can get a higher offer and if not go with the other guy.

I guess I will post once this is over on how the whole experience. Now I wonder if we will all get screwed on the property taxes next year when the city decides to asses homes on these inflated sale prices and just gouges everyone with a 30-60% property tax hike.
    That's not how property work. They determine a mill rate and apply it to your assessed value.

My Ride
    Pushbroom

This is starting to sound like one of those auto trader "we have several interested buyers for your vehicle" rackets..

Something something housing bubble.

I’d take that crazy offer of $650k+ for a starter home and rent if that offer is indeed true.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

If they’re Ontario investors why not just see if they’ll do a sell + 6 month lease back.

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    If they’re Ontario investors why not just see if they’ll do a sell + 6 month lease back.
    An even better idea!!! No reason for an investor desperately looking for a new property not to accept this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast