Quantcast
How do you say Calgary - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

View Poll Results: How do you say Calgary?

Voters
87. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cal-gree

    53 60.92%
  • Cal-guh-ree

    19 21.84%
  • cal-gary

    13 14.94%
  • ban-fuh-fuh

    2 2.30%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 34 of 34

Thread: How do you say Calgary

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 1987
    Location
    SK
    My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)
    Posts
    3,235
    Rep Power
    95

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nzwasp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Amazing how many people say Cal-Gree in this poll. It seems obvious it should be cal-guh-ree
    I lot of people there say "pregnet" too.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Vagabond Backpacker
    My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus
    Posts
    1,376
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I thought I pronounced it Cal-guh-ree, but the more I say it out loud, the more it sounds like Cal-grr-ee.
    Do you not make any vowel sound after the g?

    It may be very subtle/quick but I'd say the difference is whether you put a short 'guh' or 'gah' before the 'ree' rather than just saying "gree"

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    1,233
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well the name is Scottish in origin. So that should give some hints as to correct pronunciation.
    Drunk?

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    ES Art Room
    My Ride
    #SadLife
    Posts
    2,693
    Rep Power
    85

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by suntan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Drunk?
    I'm not slurring my words. I'm speaking in cursive and it's fucking elegant!

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    My Ride
    tundy
    Posts
    221
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tirebob View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think technically I say Cal-ger-ee but at speed it sounds like Cal-gree so I voted that one.
    +1

    I'm 50/50 Cal-gree and Cal-gurry (like curry). Kinda just depends how fast I'm speaking.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    NYC
    My Ride
    dumpster trains
    Posts
    291
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Cal-gree

    but I always call Banff ban-fuh-fuh
    Originally posted by speedog
    So more beyond armchair activism at work again?

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Unicycle
    Posts
    10,856
    Rep Power
    100

    Default

    ban-uh-ff
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I almost shat myself after eating way too much at lunch with @killramos so ya, we can start the diaper thread now.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    NYC
    My Ride
    dumpster trains
    Posts
    291
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ban-uh-ff
    do you have a speech impediment?
    Originally posted by speedog
    So more beyond armchair activism at work again?

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Unicycle
    Posts
    10,856
    Rep Power
    100

    Default

    I'm pmpeded in several ways, but momma says I can be a productive member of society. Your momma, that is.
    tumblr-mdalqlowfm1rzxp5fo1-500-0-1493401681.gif
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I almost shat myself after eating way too much at lunch with @killramos so ya, we can start the diaper thread now.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    YYC
    Posts
    3,596
    Rep Power
    44

    Default

    Co-op prefers Cal-Gary

    You say 'Gary' I can tell you ain't born from around here.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ban-uh-ff
    Like @Brent.ff add some F's at the end?

  11. #31
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Ford, Acura, my wife's nerves
    Posts
    2,003
    Rep Power
    36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mr2mike View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Like @Brent.ff add some F's at the end?
    You know he has no problem adding some hard F's
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Meh, they all look like Jackie Chan to me
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Which one has best efficacy at enlarging my dank?

  12. #32
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Unicycle
    Posts
    10,856
    Rep Power
    100

    Default

    Moderate F's.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I almost shat myself after eating way too much at lunch with @killramos so ya, we can start the diaper thread now.

  13. #33
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Left Coast
    My Ride
    '18 GMC Sierra, '18 Yamaha MT07
    Posts
    1,347
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mr2mike View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Co-op prefers Cal-Gary

    You say 'Gary' I can tell you ain't born from around here.
    Was over on the lower mainland back in Dec, met up with a friend and her husband. It comes up in convo that i'm from Calgary, so the husband drops this stupid joke... "I heard Cal-gary was named after 2 guys, named Cal and Gary". My friend looked so embarrassed at this stupid joke that if she could've melted into the chair to disappear, she would've.

  14. #34
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Homeless
    My Ride
    Blue Dabadee
    Posts
    7,926
    Rep Power
    69

    Default

    Sounds like a Good time for a hongcouver joke.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

    If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Similar Threads

  1. We say BMW, you say...

    By Destinova403 in forum General Car/Bike Talk
    Replies: 7
    Latest Threads: 05-21-2008, 09:43 PM
  2. so you say you hate traffic?

    By finboy in forum Cars, Bikes, Machines
    Replies: 4
    Latest Threads: 08-16-2007, 01:23 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •