Quantcast
Thoughts: Freedom Convoy 2022 - Page 14 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 14 of 153 FirstFirst ... 4 13 14 15 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts: Freedom Convoy 2022

My Ride
    Model S

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You do realize he is tweeting directly about this convoy, right?

EDIT -unrelated to my reply, I don't even know what to think of this thing. On one hand I am happy some of the citizenry is doing something about the ridiculousness of it all—and it is nothing but ridiculous anymore—but on the other, it is disheartening to realize those two organizers are such pieces of shit.
    Where did you get the idea that the organizers are pieces of shit?

They're also not really organizers btw, they just created a gofundme and it went viral, so it became the defacto one. But I am curious what you heard about them because I've seen a ton of fake news about racist organizers and there is no truth to it every time I look at it. That said, I don't know a ton about them. But 99.9% of the time, accusations of racists are silly lies. We're used to it down here since antifa and BLM called everyone and anyone that and people caught on that its delusions and smear tactics. Nobody gives a shit about race except them.

They did that with the proud boys for the longest time (no, I don't support the proud boys, they're retards) until it became too difficult to maintain the lie because the chairman is a black guy named Enrique and the most notorious member up in Portland/Seattle is a Samoan named Tusitala Toese.

Check out this indigenous trucker participating even showing his vaccine card. Man that must be confusing to the Thacos! He must be lost, ending up at an antivaxxer white supremacist rally of 20 trucks.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by Thaco View Post
    that's actually not true, they could easily, safely operate it within laws,

Attachment 104140
    But does bystander definition includes moving vehicles? Point 2 and 3 is why I stop investing in drones.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 01-27-2022 at 04:03 PM.

Thaco is offline sucks off little boys (ya, don't fuck with rage2 bitch!!!)
    My Ride
    Rage2

Quote Originally Posted by googe View Post
    Where did you get the idea that the organizers are pieces of shit?

They're also not really organizers btw, they just created a gofundme and it went viral, so it became the defacto one. But I am curious what you heard about them because I've seen a ton of fake news about racist organizers and there is no truth to it every time I look at it. That said, I don't know a ton about them. But 99.9% of the time, accusations of racists are silly lies. We're used to it down here since antifa and BLM called everyone and anyone that and people caught on that its delusions and smear tactics. Nobody gives a shit about race except them.
    they absolutely are the organizers, they have vehicle and driver registration, they have "road capitans" they need to check in to at each leg to get their costs covered... it's not just a bunch of hillbillies driving, it's very organized.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    But does bystander definition includes moving vehicles?
    bystander is a person, but even so... you could easily fly above the trees 100ft away from the road and do a big long pano for miles
    User title molested by Rage2.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    It's not the size that matters, it's the taste it leaves in your mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    No logic, thought, input, etc from cult member...

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Fuck I just realized I'm a lefty. Kert I guess we are pals now. Let's bbq or whatever lefties do.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Rage2

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Fuck I just realized I'm a lefty. Kert I guess we are pals now. Let's bbq or whatever lefties do.
    it's Alberta, if you don't bleed blue and you don't vote blue every time because that's the way yer pappy and his pappy always voted... then you're a lefty.

^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    Bicycle

It's all relative.

Exchange pronouns, reallocate assets, indoctrinate children. You know, the usual.

I'll sign you up for the next vegan potluck, comrade.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

@googe it only took 4 minutes of reading about that guy, he's no good.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    General Motors Competizione

Quote Originally Posted by JordanLotoski View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SKR View Post
    You'll have to forgive me for not jumping in with a crew of people that think wasting time and thousands of liters of diesel fuel is going to make Trudeau change anything. I don't necessarily hate the goal, but the execution of it is so fucking stupid.
    What would have you done differently?
    If I was going to travel to Ottawa I likely wouldn't have picked the least fuel efficient vehicle I own, or the one that requires log books and following hours of service regulations, or the one that's restricted to truck routes, or the one that requires permits to travel across provincial borders (in my case, not necessarily in every participant's case). If someone wants to do that, good for them I guess, but they're going to have to do it knowing that I think they're stupid for doing it.
    2007 GMC 2500 Duramax
    1981 GMC C1500 454

My Ride
    Model S

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    @googe it only took 4 minutes of reading about that guy, he's no good.
    Sure, you can read lies about anyone for 4 minutes, just look at what people say about Jordan Peterson lol. Or any political figure.

It's also not even run by a guy, so this is sounding suspiciously like that Pat King fake news (he's not an organizer, but they keep trying to smear him then attaching him to the convoy to smear the convoy), which is why I asked haha.

Like, I am allowing for the possibility that you came across something other than what I keep seeing pasted around and misreported on CityTV and shit, but just in case it's that again, I wanted to clear it up. And if it's not that, and something of legit concern, I'd like to be aware of it too.

I'm not even saying he's a good dude or that there are no bad dudes. I'm not a fan of him personally, but for unrelated reasons. So I don't care if people dislike folks involved, I'd just prefer it be for things they actually did/said (in context, not the edited video mid-sentence), and that people are aware of who is or isn't running things, because these smear campaigns are annoyingly effective and even the media eat them up.

Edit:
    They posted this on the gofundme:

If I was going to travel to Ottawa I likely wouldn't have picked the least fuel efficient vehicle I own, or the one that requires log books and following hours of service regulations, or the one that's restricted to truck routes, or the one that requires permits to travel across provincial borders (in my case, not necessarily in every participant's case). If someone wants to do that, good for them I guess, but they're going to have to do it knowing that I think they're stupid for doing it.

Hence the large number of passenger vehicles taking part in the convoy!

"But ThErE aReN't MaNy TrUcKsSsSs!"
    Name:  spongebob-chicken.gif
Views: 327
Size:  523.1 KB

My Ride
    992 T-hawk Golf R

I'll admit that I know very little about this convoy. I assumed they were driving to Ottawa because they're pissed off, that there is now a 14 day quarantine period for un-vaxxed truck drivers crossing the border. On the other hand, there has been an exemption for truck drivers throughout the pandemic for quarantine period, or travel across a land border (when it was closed) because they were essential workers. I'm not convinced this is strictly an anti-vaxxer protest, rather a pissed off trucker protest, vaxxed or not. I have no idea who the organizers are and I could care less.

I'm personally pro-vax, but I agree that a 14 day quarantine period for un-vaxxed truck drivers is quite silly and I would think a lot of vaccinated people agree with this. As for how many trucks exactly, are headed to Ottawa, how does anyone know? What will they accomplish once in Ottawa? I'm not sure this matters either, they're pissed off and they're doing something about it.

We've all seen the effectiveness of a "fringe minority" who disagree with development across AB and BC, we've seen a handful of people block traffic in Edmonton and Calgary during rush hour, we've seen billion dollar pipeline projects delayed for extended periods because of road blocks, and these protests have been relatively accepted by the general public and politicians. If these guys want to go and park their trucks around the capital and generally piss some people off, I say, let them.
    I like neat cars.

My Ride
    Rage2

Sure, you can read lies about anyone for 4 minutes, just look at what people say about Jordan Peterson lol. Or any political figure.

It's also not even run by a guy, so this is sounding suspiciously like that Pat King fake news (he's not an organizer, but they keep trying to smear him then attaching him to the convoy to smear the convoy), which is why I asked haha.

Like, I am allowing for the possibility that you came across something other than what I keep seeing pasted around and misreported on CityTV and shit, but just in case it's that again, I wanted to clear it up. And if it's not that, and something of legit concern, I'd like to be aware of it too.

I'm not even saying he's a good dude or that there are no bad dudes. I'm not a fan of him personally, but for unrelated reasons. So I don't care if people dislike folks involved, I'd just prefer it be for things they actually did/said, and that people are aware of who is or isn't running things, because these smear campaigns are annoyingly effective and even the media eat them up.
    it's run by Tamara Lich, who is the secretary of the maverick party, Pat King is coufounder of the maverick party, check pat's videos, they are literally travelling in the same RV through this, he is the ring leader but his name is already such trash it would have made it too obvious too early... pat has thousands of videos stating exactly who he is and what he stands for, he doesnt sugar coat it, it all comes directly from the horses mouth... if you cant see what complete trash he is, you dont want to see it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 90_Shelby View Post
    I'll admit that I know very little about this convoy. I assumed they were driving to Ottawa because they're pissed off, that there is now a 14 day quarantine period for un-vaxxed truck drivers crossing the border. On the other hand, there has been an exemption for truck drivers throughout the pandemic for quarantine period, or travel across a land border (when it was closed) because they were essential workers. I'm not convinced this is strictly an anti-vaxxer protest, rather a pissed off trucker protest, vaxxed or not. I have no idea who the organizers are and I could care less.

I'm personally pro-vax, but I agree that a 14 day quarantine period for un-vaxxed truck drivers is quite silly and I would think a lot of vaccinated people agree with this. As for how many trucks exactly, are headed to Ottawa, how does anyone know? What will they accomplish once in Ottawa? I'm not sure this matters either, they're pissed off and they're doing something about it.

We've all seen the effectiveness of a "fringe minority" who disagree with development across AB and BC, we've seen a handful of people block traffic in Edmonton and Calgary during rush hour, we've seen billion dollar pipeline projects delayed for extended periods because of road blocks, and these protests have been relatively accepted by the general public and politicians. If these guys want to go and park their trucks around the capital and generally piss some people off, I say, let them.
    unfortunately, this is exactly why there are so many people on bridges and roadsides cheering these people on, just pure ignorance, which i don't blame them, i have gotten way too deep in this since it's really going to have no impact on my personal interests, but that's what happens when you work at a computer all day and have time to research stuff.

^^ Fact Checked

Is there not a traffic copter with hot weather girl we could use to solve @ExtraSlow problem?!?
    Originally posted by killramos
    It's a Chrysler, it won't last long enough to depreciate.

My Ride
    www.jordanlotoski.com

That's like showing up for a car rally on a bicycle. I support this movement, its been 2 years and us kind Canadians are finally standing up for our freedoms. I hope they completely shut Ottawa down

"BEYONDS OFFICIAL REALTOR"
    Instagram @jordan_empirewest
    Ranked #1 RE/MAX Professionals (2013-2022)
    Ranked #2 RE/MAX Agent Calgary (2017-2020)
    Ranked Top 100 Re/Max agent Western Canada (2013-2021)
    Ranked #56 RE/MAX Agent Worldwide (2014)
    Ranked Top 100 Re/Max Agent Canada (2013-2020)

Check out my mobile app
    goagent.ca/98F1B2F9

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Can someone remind me which restrictions the federal government placed on the general public? The only two off the top of my head are:

-Vaccine mandates for federally regulated sectors
    -PCR tests for international travellers

I'm being a little sarcastic, but mostly serious.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

My Ride
    '18 Murano

Ahh. That explains the stock price.

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Quote Originally Posted by JordanLotoski View Post
    That's like showing up for a car rally on a bicycle. I support this movement, its been 2 years and us kind Canadians are finally standing up for our freedoms. I hope they completely shut Ottawa down
    Ottawa is full of public workers who’ve been WFH since 2020, I don’t think this will interrupt too many people.

My Ride
    Rage2

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    Can someone remind me which restrictions the federal government placed on the general public? The only two off the top of my head are:

-Vaccine mandates for federally regulated sectors
    -PCR tests for international travellers

I'm being a little sarcastic, but mostly serious.
    it's not about the mandates, it's about overthrowing the current government, i bet the vast majority of the people in (or supporting) this convoy didn't read the MOU

https://canada-unity.com/mou/

^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    FJC, S30

Does anyone find it a coincidence that turdeau is isolating just when the convoy is about to arrive?
    Submaker.Illest.

Page 14 of 153 FirstFirst ... 4 13 14 15 24 ... LastLast