Quantcast
Thoughts: Freedom Convoy 2022 - Page 153 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 153 of 153 FirstFirst ... 143 152 153
Results 3,041 to 3,053 of 3053

Thread: Thoughts: Freedom Convoy 2022

But of Course He did.

"Central to Trudeau’s invocation of the Act was the alleged threat of right-wing extremism and violence, but new documents that podcaster Jeremy Mackenzie obtained through Canada’s freedom of information law show that this drastic measure was based on fabricated intelligence. What’s more, Canada appears to have shared this disinformation with other members of the Five Eyes alliance. Five Eyes includes Canada, the United States, the United Kingdom, Australia, and New Zealand. "

-->https://public.substack.com/p/trudea...igence?r=cq778

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Quote Originally Posted by SportEL View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But of Course He did.

"Central to Trudeau’s invocation of the Act was the alleged threat of right-wing extremism and violence, but new documents that podcaster Jeremy Mackenzie obtained through Canada’s freedom of information law show that this drastic measure was based on fabricated intelligence. What’s more, Canada appears to have shared this disinformation with other members of the Five Eyes alliance. Five Eyes includes Canada, the United States, the United Kingdom, Australia, and New Zealand. "

-->https://public.substack.com/p/trudea...igence?r=cq778

I read this article and as much as I want to believe it, there's zero evidence provided.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by davidI View Post
    there's zero evidence provided.
    That sums up all of that persons posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

Quote Originally Posted by duaner View Post
    What other option did the government actually have when downtown Ottawa and various highways and border crossing were being illegally occupied, with no law enforcement doing their job? It cost the city of Ottawa around $62 million alone, caused the shutdown of various plants, including a Ford plant, which almost cost the loss of future Ford plants, etc. Transport Canada said that around $3.9 billion in trade was halted, although I'm not sure if all of it eventually was recouped on both sides. For all the money it cost, who pays for it, everyone?

I honestly don't know how anyone could support the convoy(s).
    Gee, I don't know? Maybe that spineless traitor running the country could've met with them as requested and put an end to it immediately.

When non-support of the convoy meant a support of illegal and fraudulent government mandates by default, it's not hard to see why people would support the convoy.

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    Gee, I don't know? Maybe that spineless traitor running the country could've met with them as requested and put an end to it immediately.

When non-support of the convoy meant a support of illegal and fraudulent government mandates by default, it's not hard to see why people would support the convoy.
    what people are not realizing is that if you do it for one group it becomes all groups and now you set a precedent.

Quote Originally Posted by firebane View Post
    what people are not realizing is that if you do it for one group it becomes all groups and now you set a precedent.
    Oh the humanity! Can you imagine the government having to listen to the plights of it's citizens and try to act in their best interests? #hardknocklife

I think what people in your shoes are not realizing, is that they requested some attention for this pretty massive once in a lifetime issue, before ever clogging up the streets of Ottawa.

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

For anyone interested in reading the actual decision rather than just radical headlines: https://theccf.ca/wp-content/uploads...sons-FINAL.pdf

I kinda miss the good ol' Honky Boyz....

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

It's a pretty lengthy document, and I haven't read all 190 pages. However, it's my opinion that pages 123-124 have the most clear and important info. They fit into a single screen cap.
    Name:  Screenshot_20240130-191136.jpg
Views: 243
Size:  96.8 KB
    Specifically:
    [371] My preliminary view of the reasonableness of the decision may have prevailed following
    the hearing due to excellent advocacy on the part of counsel for the Attorney General of Canada
    had I not taken the time to carefully deliberate about the evidence and submissions, particularly
    those of the CCLA and CCF. Their participation in these proceedings has demonstrated again the
    value of public interest litigants. Especially in presenting informed legal argument. This case
    may not have turned out the way it has without their involvement, as the private interest litigants
    were not as capable of marshalling the evidence and argument in support of their applications.
    [372] I have concluded that the decision to issue the Proclamation does not bear the hallmarks
    of reasonableness – justification, transparency and intelligibility – and was not justified in
    relation to the relevant factual and legal constraints that were required to be taken into
    consideration. In my view, there can be only one reasonable interpretation of EA sections 3 and
    17 and paragraph 2(c) of the CSIS Act and the Applicants have established that the legal
    constraints on the discretion of the GIC to declare a public order emergency were not satisfied.
    Tldr: discusses how Justice Mosley was predisposed to rule that the EA was justified, and was persuaded by the CCLA and CCF arguments to the position that it was not justified. Big pat on the back to the CCLA and CCF for clear and relevant argument that showed how the required standards were not met.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

That shows everyone how close you are to the Government taking over if they want to. You remove a couple little safeguards and we're fucked.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    That shows everyone how close you are to the Government taking over if they want to. You remove a couple little safeguards and we're fucked.
    Liberty is a fairly recent thing.

And the loss of liberty won't happen by force. The majority will cheer its loss because it will be justified.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

It's true, "extraordinary powers" are sometimes pretty appealing to those who could wield them. It's important to have safeguards and some form of check on those powers. It's also important for all of us to avoid hyperbole and overstatements, which can end up being justifications for things like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Quote Originally Posted by suntan View Post
    Liberty is a fairly recent thing.

And the loss of liberty won't happen by force. The majority will cheer its loss because it will be justified.
    We just watched it happen through this. And every idiot who clapped and cheered it on still thinks they did the right thing. No hyperbole.
    Last edited by JRSC00LUDE; 02-05-2024 at 09:48 AM.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Page 153 of 153 FirstFirst ... 143 152 153