Quantcast
Thoughts: Freedom Convoy 2022 - Page 7 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 7 of 141 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 17 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 2815

Thread: Thoughts: Freedom Convoy 2022

  1. #121
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    458
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thaco View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    this guy works for the FBI? lolol
    Attachment 104081
    Ok so you are just a lefty shill. Good to know.

  2. #122
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Turbo stuff
    Posts
    3,186
    Rep Power
    39

  3. #123
    Thaco's Avatar
    Thaco is offline sucks off little boys (ya, don't fuck with rage2 bitch!!!)
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Rage2
    Posts
    3,786
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ok so you are just a lefty shill. Good to know.
    nah, i'm a "use my fucking brain", sorry bout your luck


    but i guess, everything is left of alt-right, so i guess you're correct
    Last edited by Thaco; 01-25-2022 at 10:49 PM.
    User title molested by Rage2.

    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's not the size that matters, it's the taste it leaves in your mouth.

    Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

  4. #124
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Vagabond Backpacker
    My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus
    Posts
    1,376
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by googe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You people still think getting vaxed does sweet fuck all to prevent spreading the disease? This has been known for over a year. Vax keeps you out of the hospital. It does nothing else. Omicron is getting everyone, vaxed or not. The vaccines haven’t done shit to prevent infection, and if you’re personally vaxed, there’s no reason to care if someone else is.

    Oof. Are you even a real person? This sounds like such a non-sequitur response from an NPC who ran out of speech options. Turn your brain back on dude.
    Not sure where you get your source of information but all of these M.Ds/PhDs disagree:

    Amelia G. Johnson, DrPH1,*; Avnika B. Amin, PhD1,*; Akilah R. Ali, MPH1; Brooke Hoots, PhD1; Betsy L. Cadwell, PhD1; Shivani Arora, MPH2; Tigran Avoundjian, PhD3; Abiola O. Awofeso, DVM4; Jason Barnes, MBA5; Nagla S. Bayoumi, DrPH6; Katherine Busen, MPH7; Carolyn Chang, MPH8; Mike Cima, PhD9; Molly Crockett, MPH10; Alicia Cronquist, MPH11; Sherri Davidson, PhD12; Elizabeth Davis, MA13; Janelle Delgadillo5; Vajeera Dorabawila, PhD14; Cherie Drenzek, DVM15; Leah Eisenstein, MPH16; Hannah E. Fast, MPH17; Ashley Gent, MPH16; Julie Hand, MSPH18; Dina Hoefer, PhD14; Corinne Holtzman, MPH19; Amanda Jara, DVM15; Amanda Jones, MPH20; Ishrat Kamal-Ahmed, PhD21; Sarah Kangas, MPH22; FNU Kanishka, MPH21; Ramandeep Kaur, PhD12; Saadiah Khan, MPH6; Justice King, MSc1; Samantha Kirkendall, MS23; Anna Klioueva, MPH24; Anna Kocharian, MS22; Frances Y. Kwon, MPH2; Jacqueline Logan, MPH25; B. Casey Lyons, MPH26; Shelby Lyons, MPH18; Andrea May, MPH27; Donald McCormick; MSHI9; Erica Mendoza, MAS24; Lauren Milroy, MPH28; Allison O’Donnell, MPH10; Melissa Pike, MPH11; Sargis Pogosjans, MPH3; Amy Saupe, MPH19; Jessica Sell, MPH8; Elizabeth Smith, MPH15; Daniel M. Sosin, MD13; Emma Stanislawski, MPH13; Molly K. Steele, PhD1; Meagan Stephenson, MPH1; Allen Stout, MS7; Kyle Strand21; Buddhi P. Tilakaratne, PhD4; Kathryn Turner, PhD23; Hailey Vest, MPH28; Sydni Warner, MS22; Caleb Wiedeman, MPH25; Allison Zaldivar, MPH27; Benjamin J. Silk, PhD1; Heather M. Scobie, PhD1

    Rates of COVID-19 cases were lowest among fully vaccinated persons with a booster dose, compared with fully vaccinated persons without a booster dose, and much lower than rates among unvaccinated persons during October–November (25.0, 87.7, and 347.8 per 100,000 population, respectively) and December 2021 (148.6, 254.8, and 725.6 per 100,000 population, respectively) (Table 2).
    https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/71/wr/mm7104e2.htm

    Yes, mRNA vaccines are less effective against Omicron breakthroughs than Delta but they are still far better than nothing at all. As you note, they also greatly reduce the chance of hospitalization which consumes resources from those in non-COVID related medical need... which is a pretty damn good thing for society.

    If you can't handle the big words in that link, here's a summary: https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-pers...gainst-omicron

    Cliff Notes: Compared with being unvaccinated, the odds of contracting Omicron after receiving three vaccine doses fell 67%, and for Delta the risk declined 93%, the data reveal.The study authors concluded, "These findings suggest that vaccination with 3 doses of mRNA COVID-19 vaccine, compared with being unvaccinated and with receipt of 2 doses, was associated with protection against both the Omicron and Delta variants, although higher odds ratios for the association with Omicron infection suggest less protection for Omicron than for Delta."

    In an editorial on the study, Saad Omer, MPH, PhD, of Yale and JAMA Associate Editor Preeti Malani, MD, MSJ, write that the study supports the current booster recommendations in the United States. But the authors warn that, in most of the world and parts of the United States, the primary task of managing the pandemic needs to be vaccinating the unvaccinated—not offering booster doses.


    "In many countries, including the US, the pandemic continues to be substantially driven by unvaccinated individuals. While it is useful to provide booster vaccinations, particularly to high-risk groups, only vaccinating those who are not yet vaccinated will result in sustainable control of COVID-19 and prevent additional morbidity and mortality," the authors write.

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Unfortunately your drinking and driving comparison isn't relevant to the discussion on vaccines. You think that forcing me to not drink and drive, is somehow going to prevent YOU from getting drunk and driving and crashing your own vehicle? That's the most ridiculous argument I've ever heard.
    I'm not surprised you don't understand the analogy. Forcing you not to drink and drive greatly reduces the risk of you hitting me with your car and killing me, just as being vaccinated greatly reduces the risk of you infecting me (or more importantly, those with underlying conditions) and killing me/them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So again, what purpose does a vax mandate/passport serve? The vaccine is purely for the benefit of the individual to potentially decrease their likelihood of ending up in hospital if they contract covid. So the only potential argument that exists at this point is that vaccination is to prevent hospital being full. But you have to include natural immunity in those numbers which they're not doing. And it still only really applies to old fatties as they are still the demographic that gets hospitalized regardless of vaccination status.
    What point do indoor smoking bans serve? Oh yea, to protect the health and wellness of the community (just like drinking and driving rules - hope you can put 2 and 2 together on this analogy). And guess what, the courts ruled time and time again that smoking laws were a reasonable limit under the Charter of Rights and Freedoms. I'm not sure anyone was dumb enough to challenge drunk driving bans but the court's opinion would be the same.

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What is the number of at risk population left that hasn't been vaccinated or infected at this point? I have not seen those numbers anywhere. And just as predicted, hospital numbers are slowly flipping to majority being vaccinated patients. That's the funny part of this, vaccinated or not, it's still the same people at risk of hospitalization. Vax just keep a few of them from getting that bad.
    I guess you read the statistics differently: https://www.alberta.ca/stats/covid-1...ccine-outcomes
    Or more likely, you don't read the statistics and form your opinions based on social media.

    I'd highly recommend you (and others) give this a watch/listen: https://peterattiamd.com/covid-part2/
    He's a Canadian doctor living in Texas (i.e. a doctor who is more on the libertarian side of things but can still reason based on medical fact). To summarize, he (and the other doctors) are pro-vaccination but anti-mask mandate based on the science/data.
    Last edited by davidI; 01-26-2022 at 02:58 AM.

  5. #125
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    2,028
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by davidI View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not sure where you get your source of information but all of these M.Ds/PhDs disagree:

    Amelia G. Johnson, DrPH1,*; Avnika B. Amin, PhD1,*; Akilah R. Ali, MPH1; Brooke Hoots, PhD1; Betsy L. Cadwell, PhD1; Shivani Arora, MPH2; Tigran Avoundjian, PhD3; Abiola O. Awofeso, DVM4; Jason Barnes, MBA5; Nagla S. Bayoumi, DrPH6; Katherine Busen, MPH7; Carolyn Chang, MPH8; Mike Cima, PhD9; Molly Crockett, MPH10; Alicia Cronquist, MPH11; Sherri Davidson, PhD12; Elizabeth Davis, MA13; Janelle Delgadillo5; Vajeera Dorabawila, PhD14; Cherie Drenzek, DVM15; Leah Eisenstein, MPH16; Hannah E. Fast, MPH17; Ashley Gent, MPH16; Julie Hand, MSPH18; Dina Hoefer, PhD14; Corinne Holtzman, MPH19; Amanda Jara, DVM15; Amanda Jones, MPH20; Ishrat Kamal-Ahmed, PhD21; Sarah Kangas, MPH22; FNU Kanishka, MPH21; Ramandeep Kaur, PhD12; Saadiah Khan, MPH6; Justice King, MSc1; Samantha Kirkendall, MS23; Anna Klioueva, MPH24; Anna Kocharian, MS22; Frances Y. Kwon, MPH2; Jacqueline Logan, MPH25; B. Casey Lyons, MPH26; Shelby Lyons, MPH18; Andrea May, MPH27; Donald McCormick; MSHI9; Erica Mendoza, MAS24; Lauren Milroy, MPH28; Allison O’Donnell, MPH10; Melissa Pike, MPH11; Sargis Pogosjans, MPH3; Amy Saupe, MPH19; Jessica Sell, MPH8; Elizabeth Smith, MPH15; Daniel M. Sosin, MD13; Emma Stanislawski, MPH13; Molly K. Steele, PhD1; Meagan Stephenson, MPH1; Allen Stout, MS7; Kyle Strand21; Buddhi P. Tilakaratne, PhD4; Kathryn Turner, PhD23; Hailey Vest, MPH28; Sydni Warner, MS22; Caleb Wiedeman, MPH25; Allison Zaldivar, MPH27; Benjamin J. Silk, PhD1; Heather M. Scobie, PhD1



    https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/71/wr/mm7104e2.htm
    They disagree with me how exactly? Do you believe you're far less likely to get Omicron if you're vaccinated and boosted? If so, get the vaccine and you're fine. Again, what other people do makes no difference. Either the vaccines do nothing, and there is no need to mandate them, or they work, and there is no need to mandate them because you can get one and protect yourself from the dirty untouchables. Either way, there's no argument here and certainly not one to support mandates.

    Yes, mRNA vaccines are less effective against Omicron breakthroughs than Delta but they are still far better than nothing at all.
    No, it's not clear that they are better than nothing at all for most people, and it's almost certainly the case that the opposite is true for some. But that's completely irrelevant.

    The threshold for requiring a vaccine to cross the border or function in society or have a job is nothing close to "better than nothing at all". Did you forget the first several decades of your life when we didn't mandate any medical treatment that is simply "better than nothing", such as a flu shot? Shingles? Come to think of it, I've never shown proof of vaccination to cross the border, enter a retailer, or eat in a restaurant, ever, in my entire life, in any country.

    As you note, they also greatly reduce the chance of hospitalization which consumes resources from those in non-COVID related medical need... which is a pretty damn good thing for society.
    This isn't nearly as true for Omicron, and was barely true for delta outside of very specific demographics. Note that "greatly reduce" contains no useful information. Hypothetically, if one has a 0.0000001% chance of something, and another has a 0.000000001% chance of something, thats a 100x decrease! Also, if you're sitting in a small room with infected people wearing cloth masks (lol) and, again, hypothetically, being unvaccinated means you'll catch it after 100 seconds, but being unvaccinated means you'll catch it in 1000 seconds, that's technically 10x more protection, but practically speaking, no more protection. You're still getting it.

    See the problem with focusing on relative metrics? The truth is neither one is going to the hospital or dying and you're getting it anyway. I know like 10 people who caught it already who are all vaccinated and boosted.

    If you can't handle the big words in that link, here's a summary: https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-pers...gainst-omicron

    Cliff Notes: Compared with being unvaccinated, the odds of contracting Omicron after receiving three vaccine doses fell 67%, and for Delta the risk declined 93%, the data reveal.The study authors concluded, "These findings suggest that vaccination with 3 doses of mRNA COVID-19 vaccine, compared with being unvaccinated and with receipt of 2 doses, was associated with protection against both the Omicron and Delta variants, although higher odds ratios for the association with Omicron infection suggest less protection for Omicron than for Delta."

    In an editorial on the study, Saad Omer, MPH, PhD, of Yale and JAMA Associate Editor Preeti Malani, MD, MSJ, write that the study supports the current booster recommendations in the United States. But the authors warn that, in most of the world and parts of the United States, the primary task of managing the pandemic needs to be vaccinating the unvaccinated—not offering booster doses.


    "In many countries, including the US, the pandemic continues to be substantially driven by unvaccinated individuals. While it is useful to provide booster vaccinations, particularly to high-risk groups, only vaccinating those who are not yet vaccinated will result in sustainable control of COVID-19 and prevent additional morbidity and mortality," the authors write.



    I'm not surprised you don't understand the analogy. Forcing you not to drink and drive greatly reduces the risk of you hitting me with your car and killing me, just as being vaccinated greatly reduces the risk of you infecting me (or more importantly, those with underlying conditions) and killing me/them.
    Greatly reduces the risk of us killing you. Wow. LOL. That's ridiculous on at least 2 levels. You won't die because the vaccines work, remember? And you got one, right? Like a good citizen? Also, and more importantly, you're not personally at risk of dying from covid. Unless you're like 400lbs and unvaccinated, but I'm pretty sure you used to post about fitness stuff, so I doubt that's the case. And if you're 400lbs and you want to lecture me about health decisions, well, maybe it's time we talk about the elephant in the room first. No pun intended.

    What point do indoor smoking bans serve? Oh yea, to protect the health and wellness of the community (just like drinking and driving rules - hope you can put 2 and 2 together on this analogy). And guess what, the courts ruled time and time again that smoking laws were a reasonable limit under the Charter of Rights and Freedoms. I'm not sure anyone was dumb enough to challenge drunk driving bans but the court's opinion would be the same.
    Even dumber analogy. Smokers are allowed to have jobs and cross the border.

    The quality of these arguments makes it pretty clear that this position rests on a solid foundation of steamy bullshit and cognitive dissonance.


    I guess you read the statistics differently: https://www.alberta.ca/stats/covid-1...ccine-outcomes


    Or more likely, you don't read the statistics and form your opinions based on social media.
    This is a retarded counterargument for people who don't have a counterargument. Aka NPCs. The funny part is you got that link from facebook LOL. It still has the fbclid tag in it.

    I know, it links to alberta.ca, but evidently you had to go to facebook to get it, so that looks a little silly. Aside from the fact that nobody cited social media as their source and it's a dumb argument anyway. Nothing on that page supports any claim you're making or refutes any claim that anyone else is making. Not to mention they just admitted that they're mixing people in the hospital WITH covid as well as FROM covid in the case counts. I admit, when conservatives were saying "they're counting people who got into a car accident as a covid death!" for the past year, I rolled my eyes. I thought sure it probably happened once or twice. But no. Now Fauci is literally making the same argument here. That blew my mind.

    I'd highly recommend you (and others) give this a watch/listen: https://peterattiamd.com/covid-part2/
    He's a Canadian doctor living in Texas (i.e. a doctor who is more on the libertarian side of things but can still reason based on medical fact). To summarize, he (and the other doctors) are pro-vaccination but anti-mask mandate based on the science/data.
    I already listen to Attia and happen to know he agrees with me.

    https://peterattiamd.com/why-im-for-...cine-mandates/

    COVID vaccines absolutely save lives. Full stop. My opposition to vaccine mandates does not in any way diminish my belief in the data supporting the efficacy of vaccines in preventing severe disease and death, particularly in people over 65 and in those with comorbidities.
    Yep. No disagreement there.

    Oh wow, and next he goes on to make the same argument I did above (I swear, I didn't read this yet. It's just fucking obvious).

    If the relative risk reduction is 90% (to make the math easy), you still don’t know if the risk is being reduced from 100% to 10% or from 0.1% to 0.01%. And this matters greatly.

    Consider the following example: Let’s say we faced a virus that killed 100% of those who contracted it. A vaccine with a 50% RRR (i.e., only “50% effective”), meaning it reduced deaths by half, would save over 150 million lives in the U.S. But if we faced another virus that killed 0.1% of those who caught it, even a vaccine with 99% RRR (i.e., “99% effective”) would “only” save about 300,000 lives (by lowering the death rate from 0.1% to 0.001%). In other words, in this scenario the vaccine that is 50% is far more valuable—and saves orders of magnitude more lives—than the one that is 99% effective that reduces deaths from 0.1% to 0.001%.
    And in the table he provides, the absolute risk reduction to getting a vaccine for the 18-64 age group is a whopping 0.01%. And he goes on to confirm that vaccines do NOTHING if you already had covid.

    ZERO POINT ZERO ONE PERCENT.

    YOU ARE ZERO POINT ZERO ONE PERCENT SAFER. JESUS FUCKING CHRIST.

    More people in my age group have died crossing the street in my county than from covid. And zero from omicron. I'm still gonna cross the street. I guess you could say I like to live dangerously. Not too dangerously though, I'm still gonna look both ways.

    Let's read on!

    0.5% of these Omicron patients required admission to the hospital, compared to 1.3% of the Delta cases;
    of the 235 Omicron cases, zero required mechanical ventilation, compared to 11 patients with Delta;
    one patient with Omicron died, compared to 12 patients with Delta; and
    84% of patients hospitalized with Omicron left the hospital in less than 2 days, compared to 31% of patients hospitalized with Delta.

    Of course, none of this should be surprising given what we know from the data out of South Africa, where Omicron originated, which demonstrated the reduced severity of Omicron relative to Delta, even in a country with very low vaccination rates. Omicron is a very mild infection, compared to Delta, Beta, or Alpha, and based on the emerging data I’ve presented above, it seems to be mild even compared to influenza.
    Thanks, though, I'm really glad you provided this informative data - it's much better than what I was learning on social media! You should send it to Dear Leader so he gives you permission to be an independent human again.

    Oh it gets better,

    It’s true that hospitals are stretched very thin right now with the n-th surge of COVID. But a few things are worth keeping in mind. During a bad flu season in the U.S. (recent examples would be 2017-2018, 2014-2015, and 2012-2013) it is common for 50,000 to 70,000 patients to be hospitalized at any one time across the country. This is not very different from what we see today (which says nothing of the fact that roughly half of the hospitalized COVID patients have incidental infections. That is, they are there for another reason, but also test positive for COVID). The difference, today, is that the hospital workforce is greatly reduced, relative to a bad flu season. Why is that? According to a survey by Morning Consult, approximately 18% of healthcare workers have quit their jobs since February 2020, while another 12% have been fired or laid off.

    Furthermore, many people fail to realize that hospitals routinely function at 90% capacity in their ICUs. A reduction in workforce of even 10% is horribly disruptive to a system flying so close to the sun. It’s kind of like what happens when one of the OPEC nations, even if “only” producing 3% of the world’s oil, goes offline. Complete and total breakdown of the world’s energy markets ensues. It’s called a marginal supply problem.
    So it turns out that firing unvaccinated medical staff was not only unscientific (obviously - they had already been knee deep for over a year), but also absofuckinglutely retarded and the resource crunch we find ourselves in is routine, but also not solely due to covid, and the portion that is proper covid could have been covered by the now-fired healthcare workers, meaning this crisis is largely self-inflicted. Like most of the pandemic response.

  6. #126
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    458
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by davidI View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not sure where you get your source of information but all of these M.Ds/PhDs disagree:

    Amelia G. Johnson, DrPH1,*; Avnika B. Amin, PhD1,*; Akilah R. Ali, MPH1; Brooke Hoots, PhD1; Betsy L. Cadwell, PhD1; Shivani Arora, MPH2; Tigran Avoundjian, PhD3; Abiola O. Awofeso, DVM4; Jason Barnes, MBA5; Nagla S. Bayoumi, DrPH6; Katherine Busen, MPH7; Carolyn Chang, MPH8; Mike Cima, PhD9; Molly Crockett, MPH10; Alicia Cronquist, MPH11; Sherri Davidson, PhD12; Elizabeth Davis, MA13; Janelle Delgadillo5; Vajeera Dorabawila, PhD14; Cherie Drenzek, DVM15; Leah Eisenstein, MPH16; Hannah E. Fast, MPH17; Ashley Gent, MPH16; Julie Hand, MSPH18; Dina Hoefer, PhD14; Corinne Holtzman, MPH19; Amanda Jara, DVM15; Amanda Jones, MPH20; Ishrat Kamal-Ahmed, PhD21; Sarah Kangas, MPH22; FNU Kanishka, MPH21; Ramandeep Kaur, PhD12; Saadiah Khan, MPH6; Justice King, MSc1; Samantha Kirkendall, MS23; Anna Klioueva, MPH24; Anna Kocharian, MS22; Frances Y. Kwon, MPH2; Jacqueline Logan, MPH25; B. Casey Lyons, MPH26; Shelby Lyons, MPH18; Andrea May, MPH27; Donald McCormick; MSHI9; Erica Mendoza, MAS24; Lauren Milroy, MPH28; Allison O’Donnell, MPH10; Melissa Pike, MPH11; Sargis Pogosjans, MPH3; Amy Saupe, MPH19; Jessica Sell, MPH8; Elizabeth Smith, MPH15; Daniel M. Sosin, MD13; Emma Stanislawski, MPH13; Molly K. Steele, PhD1; Meagan Stephenson, MPH1; Allen Stout, MS7; Kyle Strand21; Buddhi P. Tilakaratne, PhD4; Kathryn Turner, PhD23; Hailey Vest, MPH28; Sydni Warner, MS22; Caleb Wiedeman, MPH25; Allison Zaldivar, MPH27; Benjamin J. Silk, PhD1; Heather M. Scobie, PhD1



    https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/71/wr/mm7104e2.htm

    Yes, mRNA vaccines are less effective against Omicron breakthroughs than Delta but they are still far better than nothing at all. As you note, they also greatly reduce the chance of hospitalization which consumes resources from those in non-COVID related medical need... which is a pretty damn good thing for society.

    If you can't handle the big words in that link, here's a summary: https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-pers...gainst-omicron

    Cliff Notes: Compared with being unvaccinated, the odds of contracting Omicron after receiving three vaccine doses fell 67%, and for Delta the risk declined 93%, the data reveal.The study authors concluded, "These findings suggest that vaccination with 3 doses of mRNA COVID-19 vaccine, compared with being unvaccinated and with receipt of 2 doses, was associated with protection against both the Omicron and Delta variants, although higher odds ratios for the association with Omicron infection suggest less protection for Omicron than for Delta."

    In an editorial on the study, Saad Omer, MPH, PhD, of Yale and JAMA Associate Editor Preeti Malani, MD, MSJ, write that the study supports the current booster recommendations in the United States. But the authors warn that, in most of the world and parts of the United States, the primary task of managing the pandemic needs to be vaccinating the unvaccinated—not offering booster doses.


    "In many countries, including the US, the pandemic continues to be substantially driven by unvaccinated individuals. While it is useful to provide booster vaccinations, particularly to high-risk groups, only vaccinating those who are not yet vaccinated will result in sustainable control of COVID-19 and prevent additional morbidity and mortality," the authors write.



    I'm not surprised you don't understand the analogy. Forcing you not to drink and drive greatly reduces the risk of you hitting me with your car and killing me, just as being vaccinated greatly reduces the risk of you infecting me (or more importantly, those with underlying conditions) and killing me/them.



    What point do indoor smoking bans serve? Oh yea, to protect the health and wellness of the community (just like drinking and driving rules - hope you can put 2 and 2 together on this analogy). And guess what, the courts ruled time and time again that smoking laws were a reasonable limit under the Charter of Rights and Freedoms. I'm not sure anyone was dumb enough to challenge drunk driving bans but the court's opinion would be the same.



    I guess you read the statistics differently: https://www.alberta.ca/stats/covid-1...ccine-outcomes
    Or more likely, you don't read the statistics and form your opinions based on social media.

    I'd highly recommend you (and others) give this a watch/listen: https://peterattiamd.com/covid-part2/
    He's a Canadian doctor living in Texas (i.e. a doctor who is more on the libertarian side of things but can still reason based on medical fact). To summarize, he (and the other doctors) are pro-vaccination but anti-mask mandate based on the science/data.

    Throwing a few more non contextual comparisons in is not helping your argument. The issue is not me misunderstanding your analogy, the issue is you don't understand your own. Which I'm guessing stems from the fact you don't seem to understand what the vaccine does. There is a major difference between protecting the public from an individuals actions, and protecting an individual from their own actions. If you want to compare vaccine mandates to seatbelt laws, that would be a suitable analogy. But not ironically the government really shouldn't have any business forcing you to wear your seatbelt either.

    Great, some doctor is pro vaccine. Guess what?? Most of us are pro vaccine too. I would highly recommend anyone in an at risk category that has not had prior infection, should strongly consider vaccination. It's the mandates and passports most people are against.

  7. #127
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    North North Dakota
    My Ride
    Mallfinder
    Posts
    332
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Truck goes vroom.

  8. #128
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Vagabond Backpacker
    My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus
    Posts
    1,376
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by googe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Note that "greatly reduce" contains no useful information. Hypothetically, if one has a 0.0000001% chance of something, and another has a 0.000000001% chance of something, thats a 100x decrease!
    Not going to respond further since you obviously can't comprehend the data already provided.

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There is a major difference between protecting the public from an individuals actions, and protecting an individual from their own actions. If you want to compare vaccine mandates to seatbelt laws, that would be a suitable analogy. But not ironically the government really shouldn't have any business forcing you to wear your seatbelt either.
    I should have known I was wasting my time presenting data to someone who I wouldn't expect to understand the basic concept of epidemiological reproduction rates.

  9. #129
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    ES Art Room
    My Ride
    #SadLife
    Posts
    2,700
    Rep Power
    85

    Default

    Looks like the world decided to delete potato memes?!! I can adapt.

    Screenshot_20220126-063120_Meme Generator Free.jpg

  10. #130
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Unicycle
    Posts
    10,859
    Rep Power
    100

    Default

    So, I don't have twitter but a friend who does sent me this. Seems like a totally accurate and legitimate number that couldn't possibly be exaggerated. In fact likely only to grow.
    zzzzz-convoy tweets.PNG
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I almost shat myself after eating way too much at lunch with @killramos so ya, we can start the diaper thread now.

  11. #131
    Thaco's Avatar
    Thaco is offline sucks off little boys (ya, don't fuck with rage2 bitch!!!)
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Rage2
    Posts
    3,786
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So, I don't have twitter but a friend who does sent me this. Seems like a totally accurate and legitimate number that couldn't possibly be exaggerated. In fact likely only to grow.
    zzzzz-convoy tweets.PNG
    you know it's significantly exaggerated, but i think the irony is amusing, when 1% of people with covid were likely to have a serious outcome, they called it insignificant, now that they have 1% support, it's 'UGE!
    User title molested by Rage2.

    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's not the size that matters, it's the taste it leaves in your mouth.

    Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

  12. #132
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Strathmore
    My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax
    Posts
    1,979
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    If this thread has taught me anything.. its that this forum really is full of a bunch of bitter old fucks LOL

  13. #133
    Join Date
    Jun 1987
    Location
    SK
    My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)
    Posts
    3,237
    Rep Power
    95

    Default

    I like when they add "trump-isms" to things that are clearly nothing to do with the orange man. #edgy

    If nothing else covid has been a great social experiment to show how many intolerant cunts there are in the world.
    Last edited by JRSC00LUDE; 01-26-2022 at 01:05 PM.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.

  14. #134
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    ute
    Posts
    3,800
    Rep Power
    39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by firebane View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If this thread has taught me anything.. its that this forum really is full of a bunch of bitter old fucks LOL
    Miserable. Not bitter.

  15. #135
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Calgary AB
    Posts
    2,297
    Rep Power
    34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Miserable. Not bitter.
    and cynical... Don't forget cynical...

  16. #136
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Homeless
    My Ride
    Blue Dabadee
    Posts
    7,931
    Rep Power
    69

    Default

    Cynicism is just being rational these days.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

    If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

  17. #137
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Vagabond Backpacker
    My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus
    Posts
    1,376
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Miserable Fuckers.
    Ftfy

    https://forums.beyond.ca/threads/415...ight=miserable

  18. #138
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    My Ride
    Bicycle
    Posts
    8,849
    Rep Power
    33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by firebane View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If this thread has taught me anything.. its that this forum really is full of a bunch of bitter old fucks LOL
    statler-and-waldorf-argue.gif

  19. #139
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Calgary AB
    Posts
    2,297
    Rep Power
    34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Cynicism is just being rational these days.
    I include myself in this assessment for the record

  20. #140
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    ogema
    My Ride
    1982 supra
    Posts
    73
    Rep Power
    0

Page 7 of 141 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 17 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Presidential SUV Convoy

    By trev0006 in forum Cars, Bikes, Machines
    Replies: 18
    Latest Threads: 07-14-2008, 08:40 PM
  2. Fake Canadian Convoy enters APEC

    By creeper in forum Society / Law / Current Events / Politics
    Replies: 7
    Latest Threads: 09-07-2007, 10:17 AM
  3. Southwest cop convoy

    By Nissanaddict in forum Society / Law / Current Events / Politics
    Replies: 9
    Latest Threads: 10-06-2006, 04:55 PM
  4. Convoy of Police at Chinook

    By robpark in forum Society / Law / Current Events / Politics
    Replies: 18
    Latest Threads: 08-04-2006, 12:00 AM
  5. nice ass lil convoy

    By sandman in forum Street Encounters
    Replies: 7
    Latest Threads: 08-20-2003, 11:49 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •