Thoughts: Freedom Convoy 2022 - Page 147 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 147 of 153 FirstFirst ... 137 146 147 148 ... LastLast
Results 2,921 to 2,940 of 3053

Thread: Thoughts: Freedom Convoy 2022

My Ride
    11sec S14, Lux Family Bus, VQ35HR

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Currently extended mags? Or potentially extendable mags?
    Depends on if you want to admit to committing a crime.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Quote Originally Posted by zechs View Post
    Kloubek, I can't help that you're ignorant and it shows.
    Translation: "I have nothing to back my claims so I'm just gonna double down on name calling".

Gotcha.

My Ride
    LEXUS LX470

They may have been LAR-15 mags (hold 10x rounds but are legal) or even beowulf (hold 14 rounds, again are legal).

So they could get charged with having an over capacity mags but would likely get tossed once go through to actual trial depending on how the super ambiguously written laws are interpreted.
    Tap, Rack, BANG!

My Ride
    Turbo stuff

Don't talk to me unless your mag is atleast this long
    Name:  Forgotten-weapons-90-round-AK-mag-gun-reliability-rifle-2.jpg
Views: 417
Size:  348.9 KB

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by littledan View Post
    They may have been LAR-15 mags (hold 10x rounds but are legal) or even beowulf (hold 14 rounds, again are legal).

So they could get charged with having an over capacity mags but would likely get tossed once go through to actual trial depending on how the super ambiguously written laws are interpreted.
    I might need the 14 round beowulf explained to me as it's a "hand gun" cartridge but I though 10 was max on those? Unless somebody makes a rimfire beowulf.

Also I thought the rifle is another limiting factor. It was my understanding that any centerfire semi auto rifle has a cartridge max of 5. If the magazine can be used in multiple action types the 5 round semi automatic action is the limit.

This might be a better question for the gun thread.

Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    I might need the 14 round beowulf explained to me as it's a "hand gun" cartridge but I though 10 was max on those? Unless somebody makes a rimfire beowulf.

Also I thought the rifle is another limiting factor. It was my understanding that any centerfire semi auto rifle has a cartridge max of 5. If the magazine can be used in multiple action types the 5 round semi automatic action is the limit.

This might be a better question for the gun thread.
    Its not the gun that has the limit is the magazine that's limited. Thats why the LAR-15 pistol mags are legal. It just so happens to be a pistol mag that works in a rifle. Beowulf, to my understanding, aren't designed for 14 rounds. They are designed for 10 rounds of .50 cal beowulf ammo to be used in a pistol AR-15 chambered in said .50cal ammo but fit 14 rounds of .223. Its a grey area though as it is being used for a purpose against its original design and personally i wouldn't use them.

My Ride
    LEXUS LX470

Ya the beowulf is actually a mag that is designed for 5x rounds of .50 beowulf. So they are legal as they are a 5 round mag. But you can jam 14 (sometimes even 15) rounds of .223/5.56 in there. Still legal.

Same thing with 40 cal glock mags. I think you can jam like 11 or 12 9mm into the 10rd 40 cal mags. So those are still legal but you can run a couple extra rounds. Do criminals care? No, they just use full capacity mags. Only law abiding gun competitors care because it helps make things like 3 gun and IPSC less painful. Not that matters much now that the most ubiquitous platform for 3gun (ar15) are locked away in gun safes right now. Its all bullshit and its all ridiculars to be honest. Criminals gonna criminal no matter what the laws are. Otherwise the law against murder would have dropped murders to 0.
    Tap, Rack, BANG!

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

It’s a good thing we banned murder and no one dies anymore.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    It’s a good thing we banned murder and no one dies anymore.
    No one died until covid appeared, you retard.

My Ride

Ya the beowulf is actually a mag that is designed for 5x rounds of .50 beowulf. So they are legal as they are a 5 round mag. But you can jam 14 (sometimes even 15) rounds of .223/5.56 in there. Still legal.

Same thing with 40 cal glock mags. I think you can jam like 11 or 12 9mm into the 10rd 40 cal mags. So those are still legal but you can run a couple extra rounds. Do criminals care? No, they just use full capacity mags. Only law abiding gun competitors care because it helps make things like 3 gun and IPSC less painful. Not that matters much now that the most ubiquitous platform for 3gun (ar15) are locked away in gun safes right now. Its all bullshit and its all ridiculars to be honest. Criminals gonna criminal no matter what the laws are. Otherwise the law against murder would have dropped murders to 0.
    Found this from the RCMP website. I think what it says is that jamming more than 10 bullets of any caliber is not legal, even if the magazine can hold it. No idea how they enforce it, unless they catch you with it with >10 rounds in it.

https://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/firear...azine-capacity
    Magazines for semi-automatic handguns which contain more than 10 rounds of a different calibre
    Magazines designed to contain centre-fire cartridges and designed or manufactured for use in a semi-automatic handgun are limited to 10 cartridges. The capacity is measured by the kind of cartridge the magazine was designed to contain. In some cases, the magazine will be capable of containing more than 10 rounds of a different calibre. However, this does not determine the maximum permitted capacity.

Example
    Heckler and Koch P7 pistol chambered for 9mm Luger centre-fire calibre:

The magazine designed for the 40 S&W centre-fire calibre variant of the pistol will hold 13 cartridges of 9mm Luger centre-fire calibre and function in the 9mm Luger centre-fire calibre P7 pistol
    This is allowed as the maximum permitted capacity of the 40 S&W centre-fire calibre magazine is measured by the number of 40 S&W centre-fire calibre cartridges it is capable of holding (10 in the case of the HK P7 pistol magazine)

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    Found this from the RCMP website. I think what it says is that jamming more than 10 bullets of any caliber is not legal, even if the magazine can hold it. No idea how they enforce it, unless they catch you with it with >10 rounds in it.

https://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/firear...azine-capacity
    Magazines for semi-automatic handguns which contain more than 10 rounds of a different calibre
    Magazines designed to contain centre-fire cartridges and designed or manufactured for use in a semi-automatic handgun are limited to 10 cartridges. The capacity is measured by the kind of cartridge the magazine was designed to contain. In some cases, the magazine will be capable of containing more than 10 rounds of a different calibre. However, this does not determine the maximum permitted capacity.

Example
    Heckler and Koch P7 pistol chambered for 9mm Luger centre-fire calibre:

The magazine designed for the 40 S&W centre-fire calibre variant of the pistol will hold 13 cartridges of 9mm Luger centre-fire calibre and function in the 9mm Luger centre-fire calibre P7 pistol
    This is allowed as the maximum permitted capacity of the 40 S&W centre-fire calibre magazine is measured by the number of 40 S&W centre-fire calibre cartridges it is capable of holding (10 in the case of the HK P7 pistol magazine)
    It says that it's legal and gives the example of the .40S&W magazine holding more 9mm than the 10 rounds of .40 S&W. It's also the reason why PCCs like the JR Carbine, Kel-Tec Sub2000 or Kriss Vector can all have 10 rounds while not being a handgun; the limit is based off the magazine

It's funny that it's on the RCMP site because they were (and probably still are) trying to claim the Beowulf mags are a prohibited device because while they are correctly pinned to 5 rounds of .50, they can hold 15 .223 rounds
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    LEXUS LX470

I think that passage explicitly states the opposite. It is permitted because it is the calibre the mag is designed for that determines the capacity. Not whatever calibre you put in there.

Edit: was replying to DonJuan. Agree w/ FraserB

Edit2: it also is a bit slippery because there is something in the regs about a firearm being "available" on the market or something. So while literally nobody I know has a LAR-15, everyone I know has LAR-15 mags. So once LAR-15 became prohibited, does that mean that the mags are also prohib because the firearm is no longer "available" ??

I have no fucking clue and neither does anyone else including the RCMP and government. That is how shitty our firearms laws are written.
    Last edited by littledan; 08-25-2022 at 02:27 PM.
    Tap, Rack, BANG!

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

I think that passage explicitly states the opposite. It is permitted because it is the calibre the mag is designed for that determines the capacity. Not whatever calibre you put in there.

Edit: was replying to DonJuan. Agree w/ FraserB

Edit2: it also is a bit slippery because there is something in the regs about a firearm being "available" on the market or something. So while literally nobody I know has a LAR-15, everyone I know has LAR-15 mags. So once LAR-15 became prohibited, does that mean that the mags are also prohib because the firearm is no longer "available" ??

I have no fucking clue and neither does anyone else including the RCMP and government. That is how shitty our firearms laws are written.
    If I was ever charged, the counter argument I would have if they tried to claim the LAR-15 or Beowulf wasn't "commonly available" is that the RCMP has already created their own precedent that "commonly available" can mean a tiny amount of firearms.

They justified the de facto ban of the Ruger .22 cal mags over 10 rounds by saying that the Charger pistol was commonly available in Canada, when the actual number is under 500. An interpretation I don't think they have ever tried to use to support charges.

My Ride

Ah I gotcha. Max permitted capacity is 10 x .40 but putting 13 x 9mm is ok as long as it's still only holds the 10 x .40 that it was designed for.

I was confused with designed max capacity term.

Anyway, back to thread;

Edit: But wait does the semi auto rifle platform then fall under a different rule?

Magazines designed or manufactured for both centre-fire calibre semi-automatic rifles and other (non-semi-automatic) rifles.

Magazines designed to contain centre-fire cartridges and designed or manufactured for use in a semi-automatic rifle are limited to five cartridges.
    Magazines designed to contain centre-fire cartridges and designed or manufactured for use in a rifle other than a semi-automatic or automatic rifle do not have a regulated capacity.
    Magazines that are designed or manufactured for use in both semi-automatic rifles and other (non-semi-automatic) rifles are subject to the semi-automatic rifle limit of five cartridges.

Example
    Remington model 7615 pump action rifle chambered for 223 Remington centre-fire calibre:

the 10 round magazine is prohibited
    the five round magazine is unregulated

The example is useless to our discussion but included it because it was there. So much grey area.
    Last edited by DonJuan; 08-25-2022 at 03:01 PM.

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Same kind of rule, slightly different.

Magazine designed for a semi-auto = five rounds max of that caliber. Which is why the Beowulf discussion exists (there are a handful of exempt rifles in here though, M1 Garand and some others)
    Magazine designed solely for any other action = no limits
    Magazine designed to be used in both semi-auto and other actions = follow the semi-auto rule

Same applies to shotguns. 5 rounds max of the stamped shell size, which means that the magazine can hold 5.9999999999999 rounds of say 3" shells, but you might be able to fit 7 2.75" shells legally

My Ride
    *The First*

Ferdom thread is now gun thread.

My Ride

I was thinking the same thing with the 3.5"shotgun shell example vs 2.75" shells.

Ok now back to thread;

Lock these fuckers up and take away THEIR guns.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    Ferdom thread is now gun thread.
    Well… yea
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post

More importantly, since Covid began, what court has sided with your assertion that rights were violated? Or, are you just painting your own opinion as the be-all, end-all and everyone else is just "stupid"?

We can leave your misunderstanding of rights out of this for now.

Currently the Alberta court has sided with this. Other cases ongoing in other provinces and federally.

GP going GP on Chrystia Freeland.

https://mobile.twitter.com/wopizza/s...37811654475776

Page 147 of 153 FirstFirst ... 137 146 147 148 ... LastLast