Quantcast
Thoughts: Freedom Convoy 2022 - Page 15 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 15 of 153 FirstFirst ... 5 14 15 16 25 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts: Freedom Convoy 2022

Thaco is offline sucks off little boys (ya, don't fuck with rage2 bitch!!!)
    My Ride
    Rage2

Quote Originally Posted by That.Guy.S30 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Does anyone find it a coincidence that turdeau is isolating just when the convoy is about to arrive?
    it really doesn't matter, he's not going to entertain them anyway
    User title molested by Rage2.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    It's not the size that matters, it's the taste it leaves in your mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    No logic, thought, input, etc from cult member...

I just want to know, what does the Canadian Ja Rule (Theoren Fleury) think?

Quote Originally Posted by Thaco View Post
    it's not about the mandates, it's about overthrowing the current government, i bet the vast majority of the people in (or supporting) this convoy didn't read the MOU

https://canada-unity.com/mou/
    Did YOU read the MOU?

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Quote Originally Posted by mr2mike View Post
    I just want to know, what does the Canadian Ja Rule (Theoren Fleury) think?
    Uh, did you see him on Fox the other day, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by vengie View Post
    Did YOU read the MOU?
    Sure I read the first page and promptly laughed. It's insane nonsensical free man of the land ramblings.

Also Thaco is correct in his interpretation of the crazy. So the question is did you read that insanity?

My Ride
    Rage2

Quote Originally Posted by mazdavirgin View Post
    Sure I read the first page and promptly laughed. It's insane nonsensical free man of the land ramblings.

Also Thaco is correct in his interpretation of the crazy. So the question is did you read that insanity?
    of course not, he hasn't read anything, his ignorance on the whole subject is plenty proof of that

^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    *The First*

This thread:

Name:  thirsty-monkey-piss.gif
Views: 352
Size:  1.01 MB

Came across this, for whatever it’s worth, he’s at least saying the ability to protest is a good thing. I agree.
    https://youtu.be/oWM6XVl-2sk

My Ride
    Model S

Quote Originally Posted by 90_Shelby View Post
    I'll admit that I know very little about this convoy. I assumed they were driving to Ottawa because they're pissed off, that there is now a 14 day quarantine period for un-vaxxed truck drivers crossing the border. On the other hand, there has been an exemption for truck drivers throughout the pandemic for quarantine period, or travel across a land border (when it was closed) because they were essential workers. I'm not convinced this is strictly an anti-vaxxer protest, rather a pissed off trucker protest, vaxxed or not. I have no idea who the organizers are and I could care less.

I'm personally pro-vax, but I agree that a 14 day quarantine period for un-vaxxed truck drivers is quite silly and I would think a lot of vaccinated people agree with this. As for how many trucks exactly, are headed to Ottawa, how does anyone know? What will they accomplish once in Ottawa? I'm not sure this matters either, they're pissed off and they're doing something about it.

We've all seen the effectiveness of a "fringe minority" who disagree with development across AB and BC, we've seen a handful of people block traffic in Edmonton and Calgary during rush hour, we've seen billion dollar pipeline projects delayed for extended periods because of road blocks, and these protests have been relatively accepted by the general public and politicians. If these guys want to go and park their trucks around the capital and generally piss some people off, I say, let them.
    major correction. there is no quarantine period. they cannot cross at all now. cross-border drivers are out of work as of like a week ago, because trudeau is going backwards while other countries are actually opening up more. UK and Sweden announced that they are lifting all mandates and ditching vax passes.

that sparked it and is the main focus, then everyone who is generally sick of the bullshit covid requirements, vax passports, mandates, people getting fired, jumped onboard.

My Ride
    General Motors Competizione

Quote Originally Posted by JordanLotoski View Post
    That's like showing up for a car rally on a bicycle.
    No it isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by JordanLotoski View Post
    I hope they completely shut Ottawa down
    That won't happen.
    2007 GMC 2500 Duramax
    1981 GMC C1500 454

My Ride
    Model S

of course not, he hasn't read anything, his ignorance on the whole subject is plenty proof of that
    yeah, HE'S the ignorant one who hasn't read anything

And Elon is not tweeting about "these" truckers, I must be psychic to think that

My Ride
    Rage2

Quote Originally Posted by googe View Post
    yeah, HE'S the ignorant one who hasn't read anything

And Elon is not tweeting about "these" truckers, I must be psychic to think that
    sorry that i am reading what is there and not reading what is not there?....... we don't all have your gift to read things which are not there.

^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by googe View Post
    major correction. there is no quarantine period. they cannot cross at all now. cross-border drivers are out of work as of like a week ago, because trudeau is going backwards while other countries are actually opening up more. UK and Sweden announced that they are lifting all mandates and ditching vax passes.

that sparked it and is the main focus, then everyone who is generally sick of the bullshit covid requirements, vax passports, mandates, people getting fired, jumped onboard.
    Did you know the US has closed its borders to unvaccinated Canadian truckers? Also almost all the restrictions people are sick of are from provincial governments, not federal.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

My Ride
    Rage2

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    Did you know the US has closed its borders to unvaccinated Canadian truckers? Also almost all the restrictions people are sick of are from provincial governments, not federal.
    that's the funny part, this convoy is going to demand Canada re-open it's borders, but they still cant go to the US because of US mandates... so it's useless, it allows US truckers to come to Canada, not Canadian truckers to go to the US

^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    Toyota’s

Quote Originally Posted by JfuckinC View Post
    what's in bold is what has bothered me the entire pandemic. I'm pretty neutral on lots of things, its just the unsubstantiated claims, ridiculous comparisons etc that get me going lol... (from both sides of the argument)

I'm not saying there isn't 50k, i just think that is a massive guestimate, that someone literally pulled out of thin air and the pictures and videos don't really support that... Birdman I'm not singling you out either, just the most recent example i swear nothing against you haha..
    Hey no worries, I'm pretty sure I never made any claims about the convoy count, or if I did I didn't mean to because 50k is a laughably ridiculous estimate (pretty sure the only source on that was Theo Fleury of all people....along with his 1.4mm people quote?)

The picture I posted was just to show that there's more than 20 trucks that made it as far as Ontario (someone was suggesting everyone turned back home and the convoy had dwindled to nothing before Ontario), and that it wasn't a bunch of local traffic caught up and throwing off counts (in the picture everyone is parked on the shoulder). What I didn't post was the second photo from FB which showed just as many vehicles in the other direction too, so as of Dryden ON the convoy was still running strong.

End of the day I don't care about any of this shit. I understand pushing back against the mandates but that's not a fight I feel like fighting. There's been so many gd protests since Covid started that I'm just done with it all. Its unfortunate this convoy protesting the mandates (which I get) is so closely tied to the anti-mask/anti-vax crowd (because they're all idiots), but at this point whatever, I just don't care.

Seeing how partisan the presentation of this convoy has been is frustrating though. Some media labeling it anti-vax while the organizers have been pretty clear its about the mandate, others trying to discredit it because they're predominantly truckers from the west, others claiming its thousands of vehicles long, others claiming its just a rogue few, Trudeau allegedly brushing it off and gaslighting what they're trying to communicate, just...fuck it all, fuck the media, fuck the people not trying to understand it, fuck the people jumping to conclusions, fuck the alt-right racist pieces of shit for discrediting the cause, fuck the anti-maskers for politicizing wearing a piece of fucking fabric, fuck Trudeau for being a narcissistic shit, just fucking fuck it all.

- - - Updated - - -

I need a snickers

My Ride
    Model S

it's about overthrowing the current government
    get the fuck out of here with this shit. good lord you're a fuckin moron. no, it isn't, and everyone involved is adamant that it isn't, and won't tolerate any Jan 6 bullshit like you nazis keep inventing.

you are free to disagree and share your opinion but you somehow manage to get further and further in your delusions with every post. nothing about what you're saying is remotely correct, just give it up.

This thing is huge, it's international, it's no one group, it's unrelated to any political party or ideology, it's OBVIOUSLY not about fucking "white supremacism", it's not about what any one random "gotcha" video clip of a drunk obnoxious asshole shouting that is tenuously linked to someone who knew someone who owned a truck once.

Are you gonna find some fucking idiots there? Absolutely. Anyone with a brain knows that if you get thousands of people anywhere doing anything, you can find the idiot to caricature. Pretty much everyone is actively looking out for people being idiots and dealing with them, because everyone is well aware that there are retarded Thacos just waiting to cherry pick something and run around like some hero warning the world of "problematic racists" - who so far, appear to be the boogeyman that nobody has seen or heard of yet. they know they're being watched, and their top priority is not to give any Karens or Justins the excuse they need to spew more of their bullshit and make more power grabs.

Anyone who says anything in the various online comms platforms like the discords or the telegram chans gets INSTANTLY banned if they even utter anything suggesting violence, hate, racism, etc. They have bots and trigger words set up to delete any posts and boot anyone advocating that shit. Haha, a lot of people are complaining about it actually, because there's basically nobody suggesting it and the bans are misfiring on people who said something unrelated but used the same word. One got autobanned for saying "hang out" because a mod added "hang" to the list just in case some clown showed up talking about hanging politicians (nobody has).

There's also a secondary goal for many involved. That's signaling the all clear to get rid of O'Toole, because a significant portion of the party have been afraid to risk speaking up so he doesn't purge them. The whole thing is a warning shot that it's not politically safe to maintain some of their positions, and that way more than a fringe minority have had it with the anti-science nonsense and lack of commonsense response to dealing with covid.

that's the funny part, this convoy is going to demand Canada re-open it's borders, but they still cant go to the US because of US mandates... so it's useless, it allows US truckers to come to Canada, not Canadian truckers to go to the US
    They've also driven through or bypassed at least four provincial capitals on their way to demanding the Governor General and Senate violate provincial sovereignty without the support of the House of Commons.

My Ride
    Model S

everyone knows both of these things, yes. and yes, i know you find that confusing. why do all this then? maybe you'll figure it out, maybe you won't.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Can someone remind me which restrictions the federal government placed on the general public? The only two off the top of my head are:

-Vaccine mandates for federally regulated sectors
    -PCR tests for international travellers

I'm being a little sarcastic, but mostly serious.
    Don't you know, the convoy supports Trudeau and is mobilizing to Ottawa to try and support giving the federal government more power so that Trudeau can overturn Kenney's control and lift the vaccine mandates implemented by the UCP.

Quote Originally Posted by kertejud2 View Post
    They've also driven through or bypassed at least four provincial capitals on their way to demanding the Governor General and Senate violate provincial sovereignty without the support of the House of Commons.
    That document is just pure insanity. It's like people never took social studies or learned how our government works on a federal and provincial level.

Page 15 of 153 FirstFirst ... 5 14 15 16 25 ... LastLast