Quantcast
Advice with TPMS diagnostic - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Advice with TPMS diagnostic

My Ride
    90 DB1, 03 RL1, 07 YK1

Default Advice with TPMS diagnostic

I’ve had this problem for the longest time now where the TPMS light comes on after a few minutes of driving. Finally had a chance to have a shop diagnose it. The printout says signal failure on all four (and low battery on one of them?). Tires are filled to correct pressure. Didn’t get a chance to talk to the advisor about what this actually means so want some second opinions before doing something. The sensors are probably only 4-5 years old. I’m guessing it’s safe to say I need new ones again? The previous sensors seemed to have lasted much longer than that.

Name:  6F285825-8574-4B4E-8967-986D4F001909.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  66.0 KB

Calgary is so much like an iphone: iCalgary - There's a bylaw for that.

Not sure what your vehicle is, but I got rear ended a while back and turns out my TPMS receiver module is in the driver's rear wheel well and my exhaust got bent back into there, now my service TPMS light is on and no tires read pressures.

Check your spare, because it likely has a sensor too and locate where your receiver module is on your vehicle. Your sensors are probably fine.

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Sensors should last longer than 4-5 I think. My Highlander is an 08. My factory ones still work and I picked up a used set of OE Highlander wheels with factory TPMS on them and they programmed up to my vehicle after not being used for a few years.

If you do replace your sensors, dont get OE, get some aftermarket Autel ones for fraction of the price.
    Last edited by dj_rice; 01-29-2022 at 03:22 PM.
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Urban expressions can assist with this diagnosis. They also sell pretty reasonably priced replacement sensors.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?