Quantcast
2022 C&D Lightning Lap - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: 2022 C&D Lightning Lap

Quote Originally Posted by heavyD View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Seeing I have money down on a GR Corolla I'm on a Toyota forum and I see plenty of threads regarding issues with Corollas so their vehicles certainly aren't perfect. I still think they build a pretty reliable vehicle but like Honda they have cut costs over the decades and have been kicking and screaming forced to adopt newer technologies that reduced their advantage of using carryover drivetrains and are no longer heads and shoulders more reliable than some other brands that have picked up their game over the decades.
    I agree with all this. It will be really interesting to see how the new Korean cars fare in terms of reliability. They are certainly starting to price their cars upmarket, not sure if it’s warranted but time will tell.

On another note, from a M2 to an X3MC to a Corolla GR?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 94boosted View Post
    I put some F-Sport springs on a buddies 2013 GS 350 and it didn't look a whole lot better than that
    Alberta cars used to be more desirable because we used less salt. The city must have really upped their pickle and salt game. Or cars are getting worse. Or both.

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Quote Originally Posted by richardchan2002 View Post
    I agree with all this. It will be really interesting to see how the new Korean cars fare in terms of reliability. They are certainly starting to price their cars upmarket, not sure if it’s warranted but time will tell.

On another note, from a M2 to an X3MC to a Corolla GR?
    We cancelled our Bronco order (was probably not going to be delivered until 2023) and ordered a GV70 for my wife as she fell in love with it after a test drive so it will be our first Korean vehicle. There appears to be some teething issues with these but hopefully the 2023 models have less bugs.

I love cars and fortunately have never been attached to brands so I've always been all over the map as I like to try everything regardless of the badge. If by chance Toyota dumbs down the GR Corolla for the North American market and doesn't give us the front and rear differentials from the GR Yaris circuit pack I will probably bail and maybe get into a Model 3 Performance.

Alberta cars used to be more desirable because we used less salt. The city must have really upped their pickle and salt game. Or cars are getting worse. Or both.
    The city of Calgary is considerably more salt and brine now compared to a decade ago. I recall seeing a lot of white roads out east in the winter due to all the salt they use but now Calgary roads have the white dust all over them. You really have to keep on top of rust now which is something we never had to worry about.

@heavyD Did Toyota give you a price for the GR? Seems like Golf R and Sti finally have some competition. A 6 speed AWD 260-300hp car would be a good daily (better than CTR or Supra in Calgary). Given resale on the Golf R and Sti, I can see a very low TCO for the GR. If you don’t have a lead foot, the 1.6L will probably have better fuel economy to boot.

Good choice on the GV70. styling is head turning and performance is comparable to Macan, SQ5, etc. It’s nice to have some alternative in the sporty luxury SUV space that is not German (the Japanese makers don’t seem to want to compete in this space). We considered a GV70 last summer but the wait times were too long and we needed something immediately.

My Ride
    This and that.

Drove my cousin's GV70 yesterday and quite enjoyed it. Good choice on that. The quality overall and tech also seems great, so it's an awesome option.

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

@heavyD Did Toyota give you a price for the GR? Seems like Golf R and Sti finally have some competition. A 6 speed AWD 260-300hp car would be a good daily (better than CTR or Supra in Calgary). Given resale on the Golf R and Sti, I can see a very low TCO for the GR. If you don’t have a lead foot, the 1.6L will probably have better fuel economy to boot.

Good choice on the GV70. styling is head turning and performance is comparable to Macan, SQ5, etc. It’s nice to have some alternative in the sporty luxury SUV space that is not German (the Japanese makers don’t seem to want to compete in this space). We considered a GV70 last summer but the wait times were too long and we needed something immediately.
    Since the car hasn't been announced there's no pricing to be had. I would expect mid 40's at the very least which is a lot for a Corolla but in the ballpark of CTR, Golf R, STI, etc. Our GV70 is scheduled to be build in May so not likely going to receive it until summer.

Quote Originally Posted by shakalaka View Post
    Drove my cousin's GV70 yesterday and quite enjoyed it. Good choice on that. The quality overall and tech also seems great, so it's an awesome option.
    For the price the interior is so much nicer than anything near the price range and it has a fairly sporty drive for an SUV.

My Ride
    ute

I'd get a GV70 in a second if the interior was suitable for a bigger family.

Edit: I was thinking the GV80

Quote Originally Posted by BerserkerCatSplat View Post
    Yeah the Mach 1 really stood out, that's a lot of fast for the dollar. I haven't really kept up with Mustangs recently, didn't realize the Mach had so many GT350 bits, cool package.
    Bits from the GT500 as well. I think the sweet spot for the Mach 1 is just getting a base unit.
    Name:  gtvsmach1.jpg
Views: 193
Size:  90.2 KB
    Was the #1 Forum Warrior

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Quote Originally Posted by Toms-SC View Post
    Bits from the GT500 as well. I think the sweet spot for the Mach 1 is just getting a base unit.
    That's a great breakdown! The base really does have a ton of Shelby goodies, I didn't expect that - looks like the Handling Pack is mostly a tire package and a splitter/spoiler.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3