Quantcast
Let's find out how OLD we've all really gotten since joining Beyond - Page 7 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 6 7

Thread: Let's find out how OLD we've all really gotten since joining Beyond

My Ride
    335xi 70 c10 84 c10 Indian chief

18 to 37

My Ride
    '05 Subaru LGT wagon (5MT)

Including a year and a half of lurking before registering, I've been here since early 2004, so 18 years (22 yo to 40 yo).

My Ride
    2018 Civic Si coupe

Amazing how many hardcore lurkers are posting in this thread, so many names I don't recall ever seeing but joined before me (or maybe I never read the threads you post in).

My Ride
    Get off my lawn!

I forget when I joined - I probably fall under the hardcore lurker title though.

I find with a lot of forums that my personal understanding of things is either behind the curve or has usually already been posted by someone faster than me, so I usually don't feel the need to voice it again. I speak up on occasion when the topic is important enough to me but for the most part I'm just here to glean what information I can from the history and watch/read the entertaining posts. Some pretty humorous individuals on beyond - and a couple of weirdos for spicing things up.

Its been pretty interesting to see everyone mature here though. I remember the thread that everyone was posting titty pics in - and then it changed a few years later to pics of milk-drunk babies... That was a pretty big eye opener for me! haha

One day I'll get a garage big enough that I can build an old 80's Toyota pickup in, and I'll post a build thread for shits and giggles.

Edit: Joined May 2008, so I was 27 and 41 now.
    I bet I lurked for a year or two before I bothered to create an account too, lol
    Last edited by Colin_R6; 03-02-2022 at 11:48 AM. Reason: Had to post to find out when I joined, hah

Joined at 16, 35 now.

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

I think I was 24 when I signed up. 40 now. Wow. I signed up since some guy was trolling this car that I had back then, and I figured I would find him on here. Lol.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by Graham_A_M View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think I was 24 when I signed up. 40 now. Wow. I signed up since some guy was trolling this car that I had back then, and I figured I would find him on here. Lol.
    What was the car?

My Ride
    Exploded.

I was told by my Sociology professor that this was a good place to get notes for classes/past exams/restaurant reviews.

That's how old I am.

My Ride

1993 Mazda MX6. Pretty sure is in the gallery of Mazda for the rides. I bought it when I was in my jap car phase. For some stupid reason I had a thing for Mazda. I bought that car that had $10k USD invested in it. It was gorgeous (at the time back in the fast and furious days). I paid $4k for what was to me a car that I could be proud of. I flew down to Atlanta Georgia to drive that car back with a whopping $300 USD to fund Mt journey home. $4 meals and cheap hotels later, I made it home. After three days of 16 hour days of driving, I slept in the car as I was too broke to sleep in hotels anymore. On the last day I was finally paid from work so I was able to afford the import taxes to take it across the border. Stupidest thing I've done. It got pretty tired fixing it for the last time so I sold it to a kid in Manitoba. Who crashed it three times before writing it off. Enjoying the GMC variety now.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

My Ride
    *The First*

1993 Mazda MX6. Pretty sure is in the gallery of Mazda for the rides. I bought it when I was in my jap car phase. For some stupid reason I had a thing for Mazda. I bought that car that had $10k USD invested in it. It was gorgeous (at the time back in the fast and furious days). I paid $4k for what was to me a car that I could be proud of. I flew down to Atlanta Georgia to drive that car back with a whopping $300 USD to fund Mt journey home. $4 meals and cheap hotels later, I made it home. After three days of 16 hour days of driving, I slept in the car as I was too broke to sleep in hotels anymore. On the last day I was finally paid from work so I was able to afford the import taxes to take it across the border. Stupidest thing I've done. It got pretty tired fixing it for the last time so I sold it to a kid in Manitoba. Who crashed it three times before writing it off. Enjoying the GMC variety now.
    That's awesome!
    Those cars were sweet. I used to work with a guy 10 years ago who still had one in great shape.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    That's awesome!
    Those cars were sweet. I used to work with a guy 10 years ago who still had one in great shape.
    Yeah I kind of miss it. But I don't miss pouring cold water on the distributor to get home every day. I was just so done with Mazda, I bought all of the distributors in southern Alberta trying to keep that car running. That and the valve lifters. I became tired of doing those. I bought a 1999 Suzuki Carry JDM from Japan, I still have the 2005 Yamaha R1 engine for it, that I was planning on installing. Just lost interest. Fun little truck made money on it when I sold it. I bought it as a rub about for my farm . I would like to buy a suzuki cappuccino when possible.

My Ride
    Non Baller Vehicles

1993 Mazda MX6. Pretty sure is in the gallery of Mazda for the rides.
    There are some!

https://forums.beyond.ca/threads/116...?highlight=mx6

That thing was probably a prizewinning steed of the ATL car scene when it was built!

I joined in 2005. Somebody at the Calgary dirt bike track told me it was a good place to find used bikes. I didn't find a bike that day, but bought an iPod from someone in Marketplace. Bought/sold a fair number of street bikes and beaters over the years (I always had a beater vehicle for nightclub parking/etc, and just drove them till they dropped). Remember the days when there would be 3 or 4 pages in marketplace autos, all adds that were active within the last couple of days? Crazy, those were good times.

I'm 48 now. Feeling it more every year. Getting old sucks.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 6 7