Quantcast
Costco Returns - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Costco Returns

Default Costco Returns

Hey Beyond,

I came across a few threads on RFD and Reddit, where people seem to be divided on taking advantage of Costco’s generous return policy.

I am curious to hear your thoughts and experience in regards to returning items to Costco.

What have you returned to Costco and after how long?

Was their a legitimate reason for the return, or did you take advantage of the generous policy?

Stick to returns that other retailers would not take back. Judgement Free Zone!

Personally, I have not taken advantage of this, and would consider it for a big ticket item if there was a legitimate defect with the product and within warranty period.

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

I have no returned anything based on "I don't like it". I just end up selling those things at a loss on kijiji.

Similar but unrelated note: I was at Costco and found that something I bought the week prior went on sale. Did not have receipt but I knew they could look it up to give me a price adjustment. Lady at counter was very nice about it and it's not very friendly in their system I guess since she kept having to write sequence of numbers down and retype them in. She then told me I could just track receipts in their app. There's only one Costco app I could see in Google play store. I can log into the account I had previously used on the website. It did not let me verify my member number though, kept asking for a ZIP code and saying my postal (X0X 0X0, X0X0X0, X0X-0X0) failed.

TL;DR - Does the Costco app on android work for your membership ?

Car battery is all I really return to Costco.
    They live a hard life (not as hard as Mar's batteries) on a trickle charger in an uninsulated garage most of the year.

People spending every other weekend in the costco return line need to review their spending and decide what's important to them.
    Gas, time, crowds. All have value.

My Ride
    Family Hauler

I got married in California and tried to return my excess alcohol. Learned - California is one of the few places you cannot return booze. The Uncle with a place down there got a generous donation of liquor.

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Only ever returned when its required (didnt need, didnt work, etc). Last time the guy in front of me was returning a half eaten container of walnuts...

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

I buy stuff at Costco specifically for the fact that I could return it if something goes wrong, but I never had to as most stuff works long enough for what I think is reasonable, at which point if it fails, well shit, it's not Costcos fault. Like my Sony TV, I bought it at Costco just for 2nd year warranty, it's nice just in case, but if the TV dies past 2 years not going to take it back or anything like that.

My last return was for Lake Louise ski passes...it was right as the pandemic hit, didn't feel like jumping through all the hoops to go to the hill so just returned them, but they are just paper in an envelope so no big deal. I have taken advantage of return/rebuy for price match once, was on a Keurig coffee machine that was like 40% cheaper the week after I bought it.

I have seen people return full carts of fans...without boxes or anything..just fans in a cart, like 4 of them....a week after it was balls hot in Calgary...I can't stand people like that.

Another time saw a guy returning a bag of tangerines....one was covered in mold....any food returns should be banned....wtf...you bought it and let it rot...and somehow it's Costcos fault?

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Quote Originally Posted by Brent.ff View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Only ever returned when its required (didnt need, didnt work, etc). Last time the guy in front of me was returning a half eaten container of walnuts...
    I have definitely returned an open pack of this; the taste was super off from when I had it before... the counter did acknowledge people were returning these and it must've been a bad batch.

Name:  91xIaey7dxL._AC_SY445_.jpg
Views: 463
Size:  37.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by eblend View Post
    I have seen people return full carts of fans...without boxes or anything..just fans in a cart, like 4 of them....a week after it was balls hot in Calgary...I can't stand people like that.

Another time saw a guy returning a bag of tangerines....one was covered in mold....any food returns should be banned....wtf...you bought it and let it rot...and somehow it's Costcos fault?
    I've seen an unboxed vacuum that had the dirtiest canister
    Also don't we already have a thread similar to this where someone showed a pic of a guy returning a 19yo CRT TV since the policy used to be 20y?
    Last edited by jwslam; 02-18-2022 at 10:28 AM.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Some people love to feel like they are "beating the system" and will abuse systems like this for even small monetary amounts. I generally find people like this are not worth spending time with.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

I abused the system once, kind of. I bought a projector, and one of the two HDMI ports didn't work out of the box. I used it for a year anyways, and then returned it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

I once returned a shirt that fell apart after the first wash. No questions asked, there was a pile of returned shirts in a shopping cart.

My Ride
    *The First*

I bought some of those little compost kitchen bags recently. It turns out, there are two sizes and for no apparent reason, the larger one is FORTY-TWO FUCKING LITERS. Like, how is Costco selling enough of those to justify a skid slot?!? Who is buying those?!

Anyway, some white trash degenerate was in front of me returning a watermelon in a white trash bag (LoL!! that's accidentally poetry as I'm writing it... He was white trash while the bag was a kitchen trash bag that was white). Oh, and the bag was leaking rotten watermelon juice fucking everywhere!

They accepted our returns (I had opened and used 1 bag to notice my error and they were something like $15!¡!) and on my way to the aisle to pickup the correct ones, I saw Johnny White Trash scouring through their skid of stinky watermelons looking for his next failed purchase. Fucking idiot.

Does everyone not know what rotten watermelon smells like? I can spot it at 40 paces, but I used to work in produce. It's awful and obvious.

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    Anyway, some white trash degenerate was in front of me returning a watermelon in a white trash bag
    That is amazing. Costco return line is essentially very-slightly wealthier walmart-ites

Recently I got a recall letter for something I bought in 2013. I was happy to return it for a full refund. Costco is the best!
    Other than that I usually never return anything.

My Ride
    V8s

I got a refund for a couple racks of pork back ribs that were bad before the due date without actually giving them the ribs since I tossed them in the garbage. I had to talk to a manager, but all was good and they just asked that next time I freeze the rotten meat and bring it in.

I almost never return anything there.

I've done that with co-op too. One day in the fridge and the fish turned bad. Returned it. One time.

My Ride
    6.2 / 690

I returned a TV that I purchased online from Costco. Pretty hassle free for the most part, it was an LG 4K and had some weird dim/light spots around the edge, I figured it was shipping damage, but the lady I was dealing with for the return seemed to be convinced the TV was taken apart then put back together when she inspected it. I shrugged and she just went back to the counter to process the refund. For the record I did not tamper with the TV.
    Last edited by tcon; 02-19-2022 at 02:16 AM.

My Ride
    GTIR->SE-R->RDX->SLT->S60->LS460

I purchased and returned multiple 4K LCD's I needed for work demos. No issues at all.

I was sure to keep the original boxes/packaging and packed it back up as if I never opened it. Made an excuse that the refresh rate was giving us headaches at home.

Checked the serial numbers for confirmation and that was it.
    Stupidity is a disease we all have, it's like a form of brain herpes. Outbreaks will occasionally occur.

My Ride
    Silverado

I've returned a couple shit kids toys. Also returned a laptop as a broke kid when they released a better one for $100 less 2 months after I bought mine

My Ride
    Non Baller Vehicles

Wife dropped our airfryer tray and the handle snapped clean off

Exchanged it no questions asked and actually got $10 back as a price adjustment since it had gone down since she bought it

I abuse CanTire and PrincessAuto return policy way more

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

100% Satisfaction Guaranteed.

I tend to hoard and suffer from Buy Now, Think Later.

Bought 3 Air Fryers @ $99. All were un-opened BINB. They went on sale 4 months later @ $79. They wouldn't do a price adjustment since its only within 30 days or something. But they will let me return them, and walk right in and buy 3 @ $79. Okay.

Another time bought some mangosteens. $18 and bag had 6-7 in them. 2 of them were edible, the other 5 were rock hard/wouldn't ripen/rotten. As above, they gave me a refund and said take pictures next time.
    Last edited by dj_rice; 02-19-2022 at 01:46 PM.
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast