Quantcast
DSM Guys - Wipers - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: DSM Guys - Wipers

Default DSM Guys - Wipers

Ok, so some of you are aware of my wiper problem (not having intermittent setting on the front wipers, and not having anything happen in the back end at all).

So today I attempted to tackle the rear motor, its easily accessible and only 3 screws to get to it.

Anyways I opened her up and saw initially that the power connector was not attached. Thinking how easy it was to fix I was quite happy. I got into the car and started it up, tried the back wiper, nothing, tried the front wipers nothing. Blown fuse...

So I disconnected the rear motor again, and put in another 20A fuse and started up the car, the front wipers worked (with no intermittent setting) again. So I tried everything again with this new fuse and connected the rear wiper motor to power again. Right way when I start the engine (possibly when I flip either wiper switch) the fuse blows again...............

So I have the rear motor disconnected again and a new 20A fuse in the box. The front works as before.

Is there any suggestions, has anyone encountered this before.

I copied down the name and part number on the Wiper Motor. Maybe one of you guys can check to see if its the right one for me.
    I can tell that mine is a new motor, due to how clean it looks, but it may be the wrong one?

It is a:

Denso 159100-9833
    12Volt
    12P

Thanks guys,

David

My Ride
    '07 Ranger FX4 Level II

Dave, i suggest that you check to see if the short is in the actual motor or if its in the wiring. take the motor out and hook it up directly to your battery and see if it works. if it does problem will most likey be the wiper control switch (dont know if your talon has one but my truck does.. both dsm) or be super lazy hook it up to your brake lite.. so when you need to use the rear wiper just tap on your brake ... as for the intermident wipers.. could not tell you whats wrong
    Originally posted by rage2

Just because you're older... doesn't mean you need older women. Nothing wrong with an 18 year old here and there!

Originally posted by ninspeed
    or be super lazy hook it up to your brake lite.. so when you need to use the rear wiper just tap on your brake
    HAHAHHAHAHAHAHA That is hilarious Rob, Could you imagine, every time I was at a light, and if I had my foot on the brake my wipers would go .... Hahahahahhaah! You coming out tomorow?

My Ride
    '07 Ranger FX4 Level II

yep ill be there
    Originally posted by rage2

Just because you're older... doesn't mean you need older women. Nothing wrong with an 18 year old here and there!

My Ride
    2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart

Yeah pull the motor off and test it seperate. It isn't too likely the wiring from the car to the wiper is shorting or you'd be blowing that fuse all the time.

I'm thinking it was the previous owner who unplugged it... because everytime he hit the switch this fuse would blow and...