Quantcast
Calgary police shooting - Page 11 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Calgary police shooting

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by vengie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Jabjab has quite literally had the three people most equipped to discuss what happened on this forum discuss what happened and have all agreed the police did the right thing.
    @shakalaka = lawyer @TurboMedic = advanced care (?) paramedic @Gman.45 = Military/ LE/ serious advanced weapons training (?)

Yet you are still fighting this over a philosophical difference of opinion.
    I bet they are all drenched in white privilege.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Jabjab has quite literally had the three people most equipped to discuss what happened on this forum discuss what happened and have all agreed the police did the right thing.
    @shakalaka = lawyer @TurboMedic = advanced care (?) paramedic @Gman.45 = Military/ LE/ serious advanced weapons training (?)

So someone's profession makes them an expert? Based on what everyone is saying it's seems to me that if someone is on drugs or having a mental panic episode it's kill them. 9 times out of ten these people don't understand instructions from officers or anyone so why don't one of these "experts" think of a way where situations like this don't end in a fatality.

Again, ill make reference to the Anthony Heffernan cause. I'd love to hear the expert paramedic, the lawyer, and the military guy dance around how they shot him in the face was the only resort they had against someone who had no weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by jabjab View Post
    So someone's profession makes them an expert? Based on what everyone is saying it's seems to me that if someone is on drugs or having a mental panic episode it's kill them. 9 times out of ten these people don't understand instructions from officers or anyone so why don't one of these "experts" think of a way where situations like this don't end in a fatality.

Again, ill make reference to the Anthony Heffernan cause. I'd love to hear the expert paramedic, the lawyer, and the military guy dance around how they shot him in the face was the only resort they had against someone who had no weapon.
    The key is avoid these situations before they happen.

I.e don't do drugs, and if you are concerned about the mental health of someone you should ensure they are being taken care of like his "community" should have.

The key is avoid these situations before they happen.

I.e don't do drugs, and if you are concerned about the mental health of someone you should ensure they are being taken care of like his "community" should have.
    Well shit, someone give this guy a reward! Why doesn't everyone just follow that advice! You just solved mental health and drug addiction.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

They’re more of an expert than you.

Every situation is different. You’re citing 2 individual cases where there’s a fatality, it doesn’t mean every single case results in a fatality. It doesn’t make all cases automatically good or bad decisions. Almost exactly a year ago, our next door neighbor had a mental health episode, swinging a knife at grandma. Cops showed up, disarmed him, and took him to the hospital. There are many cases that end up safe for everyone that doesn’t make the news.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Well shit, someone give this guy a reward! Why doesn't everyone just follow that advice! You just solved mental health and drug addiction.
    Sometimes the best solution is often the simplest.

Hey you'd better watch out before you piss jabjab off and get mma'd, buster!

My Ride
    '16 F150 Lariat, 17 Shelby GT350, '21 Explorer ST

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    They’re more of an expert than you.

Every situation is different. You’re citing 2 individual cases where there’s a fatality, it doesn’t mean every single case results in a fatality. It doesn’t make all cases automatically good or bad decisions. Almost exactly a year ago, our next door neighbor had a mental health episode, swinging a knife at grandma. Cops showed up, disarmed him, and took him to the hospital. There are many cases that end up safe for everyone that doesn’t make the news.
    This. I read about incidents that end happily almost every day.

My Ride
    Lariat 2.7 & StreetTriple R

Tons of people going through mental health issues, and have the cops called. Very very very small ammount are ever used force or anyone hurt. The chief said during the press conference (which i assume from your ignorant comments you havent watched) that they have dealt with approx 9300 mental health calls a year (approx 25 mental health calls a day). The main difference between those situations and this one is simply that he had weapons, had previously attacked people, and that he charged at officers and attacked them after stabbing a police dog. Not sure what miracle you were expecting. Especially given that many of these extreme situations you CANNOT reason with people who are undergoing psychotic episodes, no matter how much training or qualifications or communication you use. There is also something called suicide-by-cop, where a person on purpose runs at officers in order to get killed or instead of getting arrested. Who knows what was going through his head.

The question really is that, if he was having so many mental health issues, why didnt his family or community go to a doctor to get him apprehended or medically looked after? Where was the family for the last 2 decades, who are apparently spreading blatant lies and being so critical of police?
    Last edited by OTown; 02-24-2022 at 12:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by OTown View Post
    Tons of people going through mental health issues, and have the cops called. Very very very small ammount are ever used force or anyone hurt. The chief said during the press conference (which i assume from your ignorant comments you havent watched) that they have dealt with approx 9300 mental health calls a year (approx 25 mental health calls a day). The main difference between those situations and this one is simply that he had weapons, had previously attacked people, and that he charged at officers and attacked them after stabbing a police dog. Not sure what miracle you were expecting. Especially given that many of these extreme situations you CANNOT reason with people who are undergoing psychotic episodes, no matter how much training or qualifications or communication you use. There is also something called suicide-by-cop, where a person on purpose runs at officers in order to get killed or instead of getting arrested. Who knows what was going through his head.

The question really is that, if he was having so many mental health issues, why didnt his family or community go to a doctor to get him apprehended or medically looked after? Where was the family for the last 2 decades, who are apparently spreading blatant lies and being so critical of police?
    Oh yes let's start assuming this guy was preforming a "suicide by cop" what a rediculous assumption. There is no point to deflect questions to what was done before this situation arised.

You have to look at what happened at that very moment. I see a bunch of cops with guns drawn and getting ready to shoot. Their is no de escalation but the typical cps saying "do as I say or I'll shoot".

Once again, ill refer to the Anthony Heffernan which nobody wants to comment on cause they there isn't a good explanation why they shot him in the face.

You refer to "the chief says" if the chief said he's never broken the law or go get your 4th booster you'd probably get a hard on and believe what he says cause we know cps has never lied.... Oh the one girl who the Alex Dunn slammed to the ground cause "he was a afraid she slipped out of her handcuffs". Did police handle those situations correctly?

My Ride
    Exploded.

Quote Originally Posted by ShermanEF9 View Post
    This. I read about incidents that end happily almost every day.
    Yeeerrrpp

Joy and good outcomes don’t generate clicks. Look at ebaum

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Oh yes let's start assuming this guy was preforming a "suicide by cop" what a rediculous assumption. There is no point to deflect questions to what was done before this situation arised.

You have to look at what happened at that very moment. I see a bunch of cops with guns drawn and getting ready to shoot. Their is no de escalation but the typical cps saying "do as I say or I'll shoot".

Once again, ill refer to the Anthony Heffernan which nobody wants to comment on cause they there isn't a good explanation why they shot him in the face.

You refer to "the chief says" if the chief said he's never broken the law or go get your 4th booster you'd probably get a hard on and believe what he says cause we know cps has never lied.... Oh the one girl who the Alex Dunn slammed to the ground cause "he was a afraid she slipped out of her handcuffs". Did police handle those situations correctly?
    Again, this was a call for an armed assailant assaulting someone and threatening others, not a wellness call or someone in distress. When they were talking to him and employing less lethal methods before he charged them, what do you call that if not attempts at de-escalation? The police are always going to have their guns drawn and a perimeter set when they are dealing with someone who is armed and poses a danger to themselves and to the public. They would have stood there for hours and talked to him if he wanted to talk, but picking up his weapons and then charging the police forces their hand. You say they have to look at what is going on in that very moment, but you expect them to have all sorts of information they have zero way of knowing and ignore an active threat to officer and public safety.

Like rage2, I had a neighbor go off his nut. The cops showed up, surrounded his house and then sat there for hours while they talked to him. They had plenty of chances to barge into the house with the tac team or start lobbing gas through the windows, but didn't. Had he run out of his house with his weapons, they rightly would have employed force.

As to the other case you mention, ASIRT did investigate and found that there was some evidence of wrongdoing by an officer, but the Crown didn't press charges because there wasn't a good chance of conviction. It bears mentioning that in that case as well, police deployed less lethal measures prior to resorting to lethal force against someone who was armed, refusing commands and advancing on police. It also turns out he was know to police and had previously required force to be used against him during an arrest.
    Last edited by FraserB; 02-24-2022 at 09:26 AM.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

New update. GoFundMe money for lawyers. "To get answers"
    The answer is M _ N_ _.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/justice-for-latjor-tuel

My gripe is I pay my taxes which go to police to keep me safe. Not for the tax money to be dolled out to people who can't take responsibility for anything.

I suppose giving the family a few million can be viewed as stimulus into the economy over the next few years so maybe I should back off a bit.
    Last edited by mr2mike; 02-24-2022 at 09:32 AM.

My Ride
    2019 Peterbilt

Quote Originally Posted by mr2mike View Post
    The answer is M _ N_ _.

My gripe is I pay my taxes which go to police to keep me safe. Not for the tax money to be dolled out to people who can't take responsibility for anything.

I suppose giving the family a few million can be viewed as stimulus into the economy over the next few years so maybe I should back off a bit.
    They've been getting tax payers stimulus since they landed here. You think the guy had a job?

So I'm all for the GoFundMe stimulus.

My Ride
    Z

Anyone else notice the parallels in trying to reason with a mental episode person and the past 9 pages?
    Z32 TT
    1996 Integra - winter beater with studs - RIP (deer)
    2002 WRX - to be sold
    2010 sti - winter

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

My gripe is I pay my taxes which go to police to keep me safe. .
    I thought that's what traffic/photo radar tickets are for.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by g-m View Post
    Anyone else notice the parallels in trying to reason with a mental episode person and the past 9 pages?
    Fucking touche.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

The answer is M _ N_ _.

I'm baffled that this "cause" has generated over $77K (and counting) in donations.
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Masked Bandit View Post
    I'm baffled that this "cause" has generated over $77K (and counting) in donations.
    It could be foreign funding. Trudeau should seize it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

Quote Originally Posted by Masked Bandit View Post
    But are you reeeally?

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 LastLast