Quantcast
Suggest a washing machine - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggest a washing machine

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think there are people out there who collect a commission who can do this for you
    Yeah, realtors, right?

anywhoo,
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Check out CR, it's free if you have a library membership.

Samsung is definitely less reliable these days.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Quote Originally Posted by 2Legit2Quit View Post
    We bought a LG pair from Costco when we moved into our current home just over 2 years ago, zero issues and work great.
    We've heard from a washer/dryer repair person that LG and Samsung are the worst offenders. That said we've had our LG front loader washer and dryer set for 9 years now they've performed the same as when we first got them.

Same for our Samsung stove.

Luck of the draw I guess
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I have given my mother the address of an appliance store. I told her if the salesbros are being weird, to just take their card and leave and I'll handle it. Odds of this going well don't seem high, but who knows.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    2011 lexus is250 awd

My LG washer is 11 years old and I had to replace the drain pump. The "heavy" load setting sets it on an infinite drain now.
    After 11 years I'd get another LG washer. My parents Samsung washer went after 3 years. It was the only time they ever used the extended warranty.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

I love my samsung set, though they're only 4 years old so can't comment on long term reliability. The washer has saved my butt a few times. The stain away feature is witchcraft and manages to pull out any fuckup I've throw in there so far. Really nice for dress shirts and oopsies. Also the wifi function sounded dumb as fuck when I got them but it actually works well with Home Assistant and it's nice having a reminder the wash is done instead of setting timers as I'm really bad at forgetting to change things over.

My Ride
    06 WRX

Speed Queen, sold as Huebsch in Canada, is widely regarded as the most reliable washer. Looks to be just under 26" and sold at a few places in town, including Trail Appliances. Simplicity is their game, so wouldn't expect the controls to be difficult.

https://www.trailappliances.com/search?query=huebsch

My Ride
    Exploded.

I have a top load LG washing machine that doesn't have the agitator and it keeps unbalancing the load, so it doesn't finish and have to watch it like a hawk so it doesn't use up a lot of water (the washing machine uses water to rebalance the load, and it sucks at achieving said goal)

Please get old school top load with agitator, or front load.

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Quote Originally Posted by msommers View Post
    We've heard from a washer/dryer repair person that LG and Samsung are the worst offenders. That said we've had our LG front loader washer and dryer set for 9 years now they've performed the same as when we first got them.

Same for our Samsung stove.

Luck of the draw I guess
    Yeah similar here, our Samsung washer has been trouble-free for about that long as well. Dryer has had the idler pulley go out a couple of times, but it's an easy fix and they revised the part so I don't expect any more issues.

Admiral going on twenty years, right in the middle of replacing the agitator dogs. Literally an $8 fix.
    Cocoa $11,000 per ton.

My Ride
    POS

I've had good luck with LG front loads. Current unit is 6+ years old no issues. Old unit I gave to my parents is 21 years old, had seals replaced under warranty 2 years in, 6 years in soap sensor ($18 part from ebay) and last year main bearings replaced. I wanted to get rid of it cause it's so old and a bit rusty but wife convinced me to fix it so $40 for new bearings and 5hrs in labor later it's running like new again.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by tenth View Post
    Speed Queen, sold as Huebsch in Canada, is widely regarded as the most reliable washer. Looks to be just under 26" and sold at a few places in town, including Trail Appliances. Simplicity is their game, so wouldn't expect the controls to be difficult.

https://www.trailappliances.com/search?query=huebsch
    $1700 though. Might as well spend $700 on a just as simple Inglis, and the other $1000 making space for a more common 27" wide washer.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Not sure what I expected, but I had hoped someone would point me to a specific model that meets the criteria and is available to purchase. If anyone is bored at their desk today that would be incredibly helpful.
    There's no point in recommending model when there's limited choices due to shortage. If you need a pair now, what you want and what they have may not align.

Friend recently got a pair of LG at Trail and cousin got a pair of Electrolux at BB.

So far I have stuck with Whirpool line of appliances and it has not failed me and it's cheap to fix when it does.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Well my mom was heading out to Trail, CAS and Coast today. We will see what she figures out. She went to the home depot yesterday and was shocked how unhelpful they were. I think what would be shocking is if she finds somewhere that isn't unhelpful.

Bowest might be her best bet.

My Ride
    Canyonero

I DM'd you the contact information of the sales consultant we were assigned at Trail off 11st SE @ExtraSlow . They were knowledgeable, helpful to the degree they needed to be and invisible when we needed them to fuck off.

I'd try to get Trail to PM this W/D pair from LG: https://www.lowes.ca/product/laundry...30616815000572

there's some lower-end sets where you can skip steam and save yourself a few hundo but that's the sweet spot in terms of functionality to price IMO

Edit: I'd much sooner buy from trail at even a few hundred dollars more, delivered & installed, because then you can save your mom the hassle of trying to dispose of old W/D set, and know that a local company which values its reputation is behind the process. Trail's not perfect, but I've had reasonable luck there.

+1 to Bowest as a good option too; my in-laws of no doubt a similar vintage to your mom spoke very highly of the fridge they purchased there. The owner unlocked the store after hours just to sell it to them. Old school service minded business, in their singular experience.
    Last edited by prae; 02-28-2022 at 05:56 PM.

My Ride
    Canyonero

as to quality/reliability: we've had a pair of Kenmore-branded (but white-labelled LG) W/D frontload pair for the better part of a decade, which see daily use, and have been very reliable. Parts were easy to get at ReliableParts when I needed to order a new glass front for the dryer (some FOD cracked it on a cycle). This should also indicate how hard we are on our gear. We take care of shit but use it well, and I have no complaints.

I think it's mostly luck of the draw with modern appliances though.
    Last edited by prae; 02-28-2022 at 05:58 PM.

I saw quite a few LG washing machines on the floor and in stock at 32nd Costco over the weekend. Can’t remember pricing or sizes but if the other guys are quoting long lead times then Costco is worth a look.

My Ride
    Bmw and ford

Our LG is about 9 years old now, we replaced the door seal/gasket the other week. It was $400. They where top of line when we bought them and spending that money they will probably run for another 9 years.

I would buy LG again

My Ride
    Lease

Did she pick one she can hop on top easily, you know, so she can bang your dad

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast