Quantcast
Next Gen STI Cancelled - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Next Gen STI Cancelled

My Ride
    Family Hauler

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How is a GT86 head & shoulders above a Subaru?
    That's what you got out of my post? I know you have to hit 80 posts a day to feel like you've achieved your purpose in life, but think before you hit that reply button once in a while.

My Ride
    teslo murdel free

Quote Originally Posted by benyl View Post
    Try Tesla forums or facebook groups... ugh. Full of mentally challenged people that seem to never have owned a car before.

God, the tesla forums are the worst...calling them mentally challenged is being nice

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by benyl View Post
    Try Tesla forums or facebook groups... ugh. Full of mentally challenged people that seem to never have owned a car before.
    The problem is they’ve never owned a nice or modern car before. They’re going from 20 year old Hondas and Toyotas to a Tesla and think brake hold at a stop light is an amazing invention.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    The problem is they’ve never owned a nice or modern car before. They’re going from 20 year old Hondas and Toyotas to a Tesla and think brake hold at a stop light is an amazing invention.
    I'm on the forums and it's hilarious when posters say over and over how much tech these vehicles have. It's like none of these people have driven loaded modern cars. No 360 camera, no blind spot warning, no CarPlay/Android Auto, No Waze, no satellite radio, no ambient lighting, no radar sensors, Homelink, etc as these cars are seriously low on content and features compared to other automakers. Using a screen to control everything including opening the glove box is not high tech. It's cheap.

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by riander5 View Post
    Not cars i'd personally buy, but I do give toyota some half ass points for the GR corolla, Supra, IS500, GT86, RC-F. Heads and shoulders above Nissan, Honda, and Subaru.
    That's what you got out of my post? I know you have to hit 80 posts a day to feel like you've achieved your purpose in life, but think before you hit that reply button once in a while!!¡1!

Name:  Screenshot_20220316-112037_Meme Generator Free.jpg
Views: 319
Size:  407.9 KB

My Ride
    V8s

I'd say it's more Toyota than Subaru. Engine and assembly are done by Subaru, but Toyota designed and engineered the car.

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by cjblair View Post
    I'd say it's more Toyota than Subaru. Engine and assembly are done by Subaru, but Toyota designed and engineered the car.
    That's a pretty reasonable response. I just knew there was a Subaru BRK and a Toyota FRS that I thought are virtually the same so I wasn't sure how one could be called way better than the other.
    Engine + assembly sounds very close to the 50% point of the overall car, though. Particularly when there are those who complain about poor quality Subaru engines. At any rate, I will continue to not lose sleep over this.

My Ride
    Family Hauler

I guess with half a brain you couldnt put together I was saying toyota as a manufacturer was head and shoulders above the other three, but instead that one of the cars I listed as an example of what they built is better than an entire brand. Kudos for helping me understand what it must be like to read with dyslexia of some form.

Toyota has at least tried to make a few interesting cars in the last decade or so, hell even Rage owned a toyota product. IS500, RC-F, LFA, Supra, GT86, GR Corolla. And another interesting fact is, Subaru tried to shut toyota down initially on the 86 and toyota had to push them to work together. Toyota built the whole platform sans engine for the most part. Even the engine which should be subaru's contribution had to steal a toyota fuel system. So toyota gets more points on the 86 than subaru does for the BRZ.

Subaru over 10 years... BRZ (I guess) and STI, STI having little to no improvements of note over that span.

Honda - CTR and NSX?

Nissan - Recycled Z platforms and GTR

So while no Japanese automaker is anywhere close to Americans or Europeans in terms of making fun cars, IMO Toyota is the best of the worst.

My Ride
    *The First*

I guess with half a brain you couldnt put together I was saying toyota as a manufacturer was head and shoulders above the other three, but instead that one of the cars I listed as an example of what they built is better than an entire brand. Kudos for helping me...
    Blah blah blah
    TL;DR.
    Was that you who mentioned something about getting neg rep from me in the past? Yeah weird. That seems totally uncalled for based on your non-hysterical, abusive reasonable responses to my simple question.
    You know, you don't have to live this way, right?
    The [IGNORE] button is a terrific feature that would benefit your experience here greatly if you do not care for my posts.
    You can use it as much or as little as you wish. Maybe start with 5-7 days per month at your discretion and see how that goes.

My Ride
    Nissan x2

The Camaro is still Panteen Pro V above any of those peasant underpowered toys.

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by jutes View Post
    That took me longer than it should have. I mean, still only a second, but LoL!

My Ride
    Family Hauler

Was that you who mentioned something about getting neg rep from me in the past? Yeah weird. That seems totally uncalled for based on your non-hysterical, abusive reasonable responses to my simple question.
    You know, you don't have to live this way, right?
    The [IGNORE] button is a terrific feature that would benefit your experience here greatly if you do not care for my posts.
    You can use it as much or as little as you wish. Maybe start with 5-7 days per month at your discretion and see how that goes.
    I don't dislike all your posts, in fact I saw one the other day I even agreed with. I'd neg rep you more if I thought your posts sucked.

I just didn't know how you figured I was saying the 86 was better than the brand of subaru. Then you made your post about everyone laughing at me I guess? I suppose that was abusive? Bullying? You're a cyber bully!

Anyways you still havent said anything about the actual point I made, just tried to pick one piece apart that obviously (to me anyways) was not my point at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jutes View Post
    100%

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    think brake hold at a stop light is an amazing invention.
    Brake hold is amazing though. Stretch my legs at every light, yes please . Don't even get me started on how great it is in the drive through.
    Originally posted by killramos
    It's a Chrysler, it won't last long enough to depreciate.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3