Quantcast
Anyone here a member of the Glencoe Golf & Country Club? - Page 6 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone here a member of the Glencoe Golf & Country Club?

My Ride
    VW R32 Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Half of my business has been produced this way.

- - - Updated - - -

You must be a blast to golf with lol
    God you’re so cringe.
    Originally posted by sputnik
    Cell providers are the next Blockbuster video stores.

Time and a place for business talk on a golf course.

If it's the weekend, fuck off, I want to enjoy my few hours without my phone ringing (ideally).

During the week, have at er.

My Ride
    Family Hauler

I don't even want singles in my group when they are nice, normal people just looking to get a round in. Id probably just tell you to play through once i got the RE pitch

My Ride
    M5 Competition

Haha, do you guys just look for confrontation, seriously?

Nobody is pitching anything. It’s called casual conversation between holes, you guys seriously need to lighten up.

You guys sound so stressful.

My Ride
    Ram 1500, '68 Camaro, S14

I'm with coupe you guys sound like a bunch of fucking cunts right now lol (edit: That's nothing new though)

I like when singles are chatty, wayyy better than weirdos that make you feel uncomfortable golfing.
    Last edited by JfuckinC; 04-08-2022 at 10:39 AM.

My Ride
    V8s

Quote Originally Posted by JfuckinC View Post
    I'm with coupe you guys sound like a bunch of fucking cunts right now lol (edit: That's nothing new though)

I like when singles are chatty, wayyy better than weirdos that make you feel uncomfortable golfing.
    I mean.. we're talking about golf (a sport played by cunts) on a forum populated largely by cunts... so, yeah, duh.

On your second point, that's entirely contingent on whether the single is a weirdo. Generally, singles are pretty good, but the odd one is insufferable.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Yea. The ones trying to sell you something lol
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by JfuckinC View Post
    you guys sound like a bunch of fucking cunts right now
    flattery will get you nowhere

Are these hot local singles??

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

There's enough cunty behaviour in this thread to go around.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by vengie View Post
    Time and a place for business talk on a golf course.

If it's the weekend, fuck off, I want to enjoy my few hours without my phone ringing (ideally).

During the week, have at er.
    Quote Originally Posted by riander5 View Post
    I don't even want singles in my group when they are nice, normal people just looking to get a round in. Id probably just tell you to play through once i got the RE pitch
    I don't mind the action of hitting a golf ball with a golf club.

It's all of the bullshit that surrounds it that drives me nuts. Standing around waiting for your t time. People all worried about their performance as if it matters. Standing around hushed waiting for someone to hit a ball. Watching your friend try to find their ball in the rough. Driving there. Driving back. Oh I gotta clean out my clubs/shoes.

For like four fucking hours. At least!

I see all these people golfing and all I can think is: that's the most useful thing you can do with that morning/afternoon/evening of your time? Really? It's a similar feeling I get when I see people waiting in line for gas at Costco. I get why they are doing it, but it lacks imagination for the potential of that block of time.

My Ride
    V8s

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post

It's all of the bullshit that surrounds it that drives me nuts. Standing around waiting for your t time. People all worried about their performance as if it matters. Standing around hushed waiting for someone to hit a ball. Watching your friend try to find their ball in the rough. Driving there. Driving back. Oh I gotta clean out my clubs/shoes.

I see all these people golfing and all I can think is: that's the most useful thing you can do with that morning/afternoon/evening of your time? Really? It's a similar feeling I get when I see people waiting in line for gas at Costco. I get why they are doing it, but it lacks imagination for the potential of that block of time.
    Don't you drive to the mountains to ride your bicycle?

Regardless, your points are valid, but a lot of the negative ones are mitigated at a private club in close proximity to home. Short drive, limited waiting at the tee, usually better golfers means it goes faster and you don't watch anyone hacking it around, the staff takes care of your clubs/shoes. And you can also form a group of people that suits your playing style. Some treat it like the tour and play by the rules and are silent all the time like fucking losers, others are normal guys that are relaxed and like to have a beer and crack jokes at each others expense like.. well, normal guys.

My Ride
    M5 Competition

I find golf super relaxing, outside, sunshine, getting a little exercise.

You have to enjoy the activity, if you struggle with the game or get frustrated easily, probably not for you.

It’s like anything in life, do what gives you enjoyment.

Sitting in an office for 8-12hrs a day, shoot me in the head.

Ideally, if I could do it, I would be happy living in Hawaii, selling a couple homes a month, relaxing at the beach, and hitting the golf courses. My kind of Heaven.

My Ride
    Subaru Outback

Haha, do you guys just look for confrontation, seriously?

Nobody is pitching anything. It’s called casual conversation between holes, you guys seriously need to lighten up.

You guys sound so stressful.

I try not to talk at all between holes. Otherwise, I lose my concentration, and go soft.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by cjblair View Post
    Don't you drive to the mountains to ride your bicycle?

Regardless, your points are valid, but a lot of the negative ones are mitigated at a private club in close proximity to home. Short drive, limited waiting at the tee, usually better golfers means it goes faster and you don't watch anyone hacking it around, the staff takes care of your clubs/shoes. And you can also form a group of people that suits your playing style. Some treat it like the tour and play by the rules and are silent all the time like fucking losers, others are normal guys that are relaxed and like to have a beer and crack jokes at each others expense like.. well, normal guys.
    Mountain biking (electric motors notwithstanding) is a fitness activity combined with leisure. Golf is a pure leisure activity. It's more comparable to watching a movie or playing video games or something.

You want some entertainment on a golf course? Lie about how many shots you took. It's a funny troll and people get uppity until they realize what you are getting at.

My Ride

That's fair, dirtbiking/snowboarding/mountain biking make me feel that way lately and i used to do them all the time.

The thing with golf is you just gotta have it streamlined. Show up 20 min before tee time, have a beer warm up, get on the course have a beer leave. I swear it's the only time i don't think about work, most rounds at least. I'm not a great golfer, but it doesn't bother me because even my buddies that are good don't give a shit and are fun to be out there with.

Even better for 89coupe having a sweet membership, its even more streamlined, account to charge things to, multiple courses at one location, club storage, probably good pace because there are less tee times in a day.. Just an expensive way to make things better haha

My Ride
    ute

I find golf super relaxing, outside, sunshine, getting a little exercise.

You have to enjoy the activity, if you struggle with the game or get frustrated easily, probably not for you.

It’s like anything in life, do what gives you enjoyment.

Sitting in an office for 8-12hrs a day, shoot me in the head.

Ideally, if I could do it, I would be happy living in Hawaii, selling a couple homes a month, relaxing at the beach, and hitting the golf courses. My kind of Heaven.
    Being in a situation where I hate my job would be far worse. I consider it a privilege that I have 28 better, more fun, more productive, more fitness oriented things to do than golf. I'm not good at golf but I don't think I've ever once been frustrated on the course. Apathy gets in the way of that.

My Ride

Different strokes for different folks right?

am i fulfilling my duty as a dad with that joke?

My Ride
    992 T-hawk Golf R

I'm not much of a golf guy personally, and the time commitment, in addition to being shitty at golf, can add up. On the other hand, I checked out Launchpad last week and I thoroughly enjoyed it. No stress that I suck, easier to socialize with more then 3 people, and way less of a time commitment. A+ would recommend.

As for the Glencoe Club, I didn't know clubs like this existed until I was 25. Surprisingly, nobody I grew up with in the NE was a member....... Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman View Post
    I try not to talk at all between holes. Otherwise, I lose my concentration, and go soft.
    Now that was a good one! BAHAHAHA
    I like neat cars.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by 90_Shelby View Post
    I'm not much of a golf guy personally, and the time commitment, in addition to being shitty at golf, can add up. On the other hand, I checked out Launchpad last week and I thoroughly enjoyed it. No stress that I suck, easier to socialize with more then 3 people, and way less of a time commitment. A+ would recommend.

As for the Glencoe Club, I didn't know clubs like this existed until I was 25. Surprisingly, nobody I grew up with in the NE was a member....... Weird.
    I haven't been to Launchpad, but it looks 1000x more fun/entertaining/interesting that actual golf.

Also, what's up with driving ranges? Just go golf?

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 16 ... LastLast