Quantcast
Money no object dream home. What features do you dream of? - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Money no object dream home. What features do you dream of?

My Ride
    V8s

I feel like some of you guys misread the title. It's supposed to be money is no object, not "I have an extra $50k to blow".

My money-no-object residence has an on site race track. Alan Wilzig is the role model for this. The guy bought 275ac in upstate new york, built a legitimate racetrack, supporting facilities, and massive 2-storey "garage" to house his collection. Also miles of offroad trails.

From Wiki: The racetrack was completed in 2011 at a cost of $7.5 million. It is the largest racetrack zoned for private recreational use in the US. The track is over a mile in length and 40 feet wide, contains an elevation change of 80 feet from the highest to lowest point, and is capable of being run in several configurations. The longest such configuration, intended for time trials, allows for a 2.75 mile lap with only one pair of consecutive turns in the same direction.

My Ride
    11sec S14, Lux Family Bus, VQ35HR

Quote Originally Posted by cjblair View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I feel like some of you guys misread the title. It's supposed to be money is no object, not "I have an extra $50k to blow".
    I agree, title and the first post are contradictory, or maybe some people dream of no downspouts.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I maintain it should float
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

My money no object dream home would NOT have a racetrack or be particularly visually impressive. The whole point of this thread was to hear what people dream of. If everyone dreamed of just the largest and most expensive homes, then this would be an awfully boring thread. I knew my take on the topic would not match most others, so I thought it was interesting to share.
    Last edited by ExtraSlow; 04-19-2022 at 03:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My money-no-object residence has an on site race track. Alan Wilzig is the role model for this. The guy bought 275ac in upstate new york, built a legitimate racetrack, supporting facilities, and massive 2-storey "garage" to house his collection. Also miles of offroad trails.

From Wiki: The racetrack was completed in 2011 at a cost of $7.5 million. It is the largest racetrack zoned for private recreational use in the US. The track is over a mile in length and 40 feet wide, contains an elevation change of 80 feet from the highest to lowest point, and is capable of being run in several configurations. The longest such configuration, intended for time trials, allows for a 2.75 mile lap with only one pair of consecutive turns in the same direction.
    Haha, this. The house from Scarface complete with Tiger. Sprinkle in a race track, dash of Jay Leno's garage & add splash of full size indoor gymnasium.

Also not in Canada, let me tell you.

Realistically, I'd settle for the toilet being in it's own room like fancy people have, lol. This is something I have not yet achieved in life.
    Last edited by Pauly Boy; 04-19-2022 at 04:06 PM.
    Originally posted by killramos
    It's a Chrysler, it won't last long enough to depreciate.

My Ride
    11sec S14, Lux Family Bus, VQ35HR

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    My money no object dream home would NOT have a racetrack or be particularly visually impressive. The whole point of this thread was to hear what people dream of. If everyone dreamed of just the largest and most expensive homes, then this would be an awfully boring thread...
    This is also me. Not a mansion, but a comfortable beach front Caribbean home with a couple cars. Nothing fancy.

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

We have something similar in Alberta and it’s fucking awesome.

My Ride
    992 T-hawk Golf R

Quote Originally Posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo View Post
    We have something similar in Alberta and it’s fucking awesome.
    I’ll take, “What is Strawberry Creek Raceway” for $500 Alex.
    I like neat cars.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

A sun room, a theatre room, a wood workshop and a kitchen by L'Atelier Paris
    Ultracrepidarian

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3