Quantcast
Twitter Musk and the hilarious meltdown - Page 14 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 14 of 38 FirstFirst ... 4 13 14 15 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Twitter Musk and the hilarious meltdown

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Blue check mark used to have a higher bar: "active, notable, and authentic". It's need more than a Wikipedia page about you to get verified and it's a hassle to get so public figures are harder to fake.

Now it's just $8/month with 0 verification.

"Accounts that receive the blue checkmark as part of a Twitter Blue subscription will not undergo review to confirm that they meet the active, notable and authentic criteria that was used in the previous process."

So something that used to mean something and cost nothing turned into something that means nothing that cost $8/mth.

Hence everyone was clowning on Musk on Sunday changing their name of their verified accounts to mimic the effect of this new plan and Musk came out with the ban hammer.

But unless Musk is trolling... at least he sounds reasonable today and his just wrapped Q&A seems to be trying to calm the advertisers.
    Well it's not nothing. The blue check prioritizes your content in the algorithm. So for anyone actually trying to make money on Twitter, it is important. And now it's going to include no ads as well.

It sounds like the idea or purpose is mostly to reduce the bots. Some Chinese troll farm isn't likely to be paying for a million blue checks. And once Twitter inevitably gets a proper verification process for the subscriptions, it won't even be possible for bot farms to buy up millions of blue checks.

Ultimately people are making a way bigger deal out of this than it's going to be. It's 8 measly bucks, people wipe their ass with that money every month. They pay 10$ for Apple Music AND Spotify, not to mention Youtube, Netflix, Sirius, etc. Even though all this content is available for free already. Whoopty do, people are going to pay one more Starbucks latte worth a month for another useless subscription. Obviously the lefties that are pissed they can no longer benefit from the rigged algorithm and bot farms, are grandstanding right now. But this seems like an issue that is just going to disappear for the average user.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    Well it's not nothing. The blue check prioritizes your content in the algorithm. So for anyone actually trying to make money on Twitter, it is important. And now it's going to include no ads as well.

It sounds like the idea or purpose is mostly to reduce the bots. Some Chinese troll farm isn't likely to be paying for a million blue checks. And once Twitter inevitably gets a proper verification process for the subscriptions, it won't even be possible for bot farms to buy up millions of blue checks.

Ultimately people are making a way bigger deal out of this than it's going to be. It's 8 measly bucks, people wipe their ass with that money every month. They pay 10$ for Apple Music AND Spotify, not to mention Youtube, Netflix, Sirius, etc. Even though all this content is available for free already. Whoopty do, people are going to pay one more Starbucks latte worth a month for another useless subscription. Obviously the lefties that are pissed they can no longer benefit from the rigged algorithm and bot farms, are grandstanding right now. But this seems like an issue that is just going to disappear for the average user.
    If you think state actors can't afford $8/month to create troll farms?

He did mention this in the call. Adds a layer of difficulty but not impossible. The problem is now paid actor will get preferred treatment in the algo as well so troll farm voices will be elevated? May be or may be not.

Unless he changed his mind again, he said $8 get less ads, not no ads. What does less ads means? For a casual user like me who just check a few CoC related twitter for traffic and CPS activities, I never see any ads. May be it's an issue for actual Twitter users?

As for value, for 5 users, I get full library music for $15/mth. I get hrs of entertainment on Netflix for $20/mth. And that's for the full family. At $10 CAD/user, do I get the same value from Twitter for $50/mth? Especially you can view everything without paying so the only one paying are content creators? Musk also pondered putting the whole site behind pay wall but will people pay $8/mth to look at tweets?

Anyway, no skin in the game. Just drama to see how Musk turn this turd into gold.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 11-09-2022 at 10:44 PM.

If you think state actors can't afford $8/month to create troll farms?

He did mention this in the call. Adds a layer of difficulty but not impossible. The problem is now paid actor will get preferred treatment in the algo as well so troll farm voices will be elevated? May be or may be not.

Unless he changed his mind again, he said $8 get less ads, not no ads. What does less ads means? For a casual user like me who just check a few CoC related twitter for traffic and CPS activities, I never see any ads. May be it's an issue for actual Twitter users?

As for value, for 5 users, I get full library music for $15/mth. I get hrs of entertainment on Netflix for $20/mth. And that's for the full family. At $10 CAD/user, do I get the same value from Twitter for $50/mth? Especially you can view everything without paying so the only one paying are content creators? Musk also pondered putting the whole site behind pay wall but will people pay $8/mth to look at tweets?

Anyway, no skin in the game. Just drama to see how Musk turn this turd into gold.
    Yeah you're not the only one with such a limited view of the company. This is going to be so much more than just a 140 character dumping ground for peoples opinions. As that unfolds I think it'll become clearer where the value is for your 10$.

Literally just watched a video from PBD making some bold predictions for Twitter. Can't say I agree with his Trillion dollar claim, but he does make some great points about how this platform is likely to grow.

Credit where credit is due, extrema is actually right about the $8 thing being used improperly.

People are seeing TONS of fake/scam accounts verified now. It didn't occur to me, but in hindsight it is perfectly clear, that criminals may use criminal means (stolen credit cards) to pay for their checkmark.

Musk needs to at least verify payment details with account verification. Hell, put a week delay on it, it's not like anybody needs twitter verification right this very second when they purchase it.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    If I had known you guys would end up being such bitches, I would’ve opened the parenting forum.

My Ride
    06 S2000

Quote Originally Posted by zechs View Post
    Credit where credit is due, extrema is actually right about the $8 thing being used improperly.

People are seeing TONS of fake/scam accounts verified now. It didn't occur to me, but in hindsight it is perfectly clear, that criminals may use criminal means (stolen credit cards) to pay for their checkmark.

Musk needs to at least verify payment details with account verification. Hell, put a week delay on it, it's not like anybody needs twitter verification right this very second when they purchase it.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CkwtOIdpuNq/
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    My car sounds like shit.

Quote Originally Posted by LilDrunkenSmurf View Post
    Even the smoothest of brains caught this because of all the blue checkmark news. It will be a risk in the short term until people learn to not accept the checkmark as a sign of legitimacy. Elon said that there will be a different mechanism to demonstrate a legit account.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by spike98 View Post
    Even the smoothest of brains caught this because of all the blue checkmark news. It will be a risk in the short term until people learn to not accept the checkmark as a sign of legitimacy. Elon said that there will be a different mechanism to demonstrate a legit account.
    That lasted 1 morning.

That's why Elon has to calm advertisers as it become a risky place for businesses for next little while until dust settles. And that's discounting GM and VW quitting since they would regardless how well Twitter turns out to take Elon/Tesla down a notch.

And

DBrand is trolling, lol

I also have give credit where it's due, this is the most sleuthing I have done on Twitter.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 11-10-2022 at 11:11 AM.

That lasted 1 morning.

That's why Elon has to calm advertisers as it become a risky place for businesses for next little while until dust settles. And that's discounting GM and VW quitting since they would regardless how well Twitter turns out to take Elon/Tesla down a notch.
    I’ve read that the car makers are worried that their marketing data will make it’s way back to Tesla which is why they are pausing their advertising.

The impact on Tesla shares is big. Musk unexpectedly selling $4B of TSLA pushed the stock to a 2 year low.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

BNN reporting that Twitter is already flirting with bankruptcy due to revenue disintegration and the debt musk used for the transaction.

https://www.reuters.com/technology/t...ve-2022-11-10/
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Does a restructuring matter? Honest question, with Musk's personal involvement it just seems a bit different then a normal bankruptcy, but I do not know.
    If I had known you guys would end up being such bitches, I would’ve opened the parenting forum.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    BNN reporting that Twitter is already flirting with bankruptcy due to revenue disintegration and the debt musk used for the transaction.

https://www.reuters.com/technology/t...ve-2022-11-10/
    Heard his interest alone is in the range of $700M/year. Twitter has never had $700M of profit even with $4.5B of ad revenue that's fleeing.

Wonder what collateral he gave to the banks for that loan. There is no way Twitter is worth that after Musk is done with it.

There is no way this is a safe place for advertisers.
    https://www.theverge.com/2022/11/9/2...sk-jesus-valve

@Jesus finally got verified!
    Last edited by Xtrema; 11-11-2022 at 09:16 AM.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

That lasted 1 morning.

It’s back because twitter blue also lasted 1 morning due to fakes, phishing, confusion. Who would’ve thought. Advertisers are even more pissed. People who paid lost their blue checkmarks and requesting chargebacks from their banks.

https://www.theverge.com/2022/11/11/...-error-message

Name:  4D524880-A0B3-42AD-9E6C-CD2F0DA680AC.jpg
Views: 382
Size:  145.5 KB

This one’s prob what rolled back blue.

Name:  DC80AC05-15D4-43CF-ADCE-F3CCC1B43D21.jpeg
Views: 387
Size:  76.3 KB
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Bicycle

If Libertarian ever take over control of a country, this is probably how it goes.

This is probably the most expensive sitcom in the making.

And we are supposed to go to Mars with this guy?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

It’s back because twitter blue also lasted 1 morning due to fakes, phishing, confusion. Who would’ve thought. Advertisers are even more pissed. People who paid lost their blue checkmarks and requesting chargebacks from their banks.

https://www.theverge.com/2022/11/11/...-error-message

Name:  4D524880-A0B3-42AD-9E6C-CD2F0DA680AC.jpg
Views: 382
Size:  145.5 KB

This one’s prob what rolled back blue.

Name:  DC80AC05-15D4-43CF-ADCE-F3CCC1B43D21.jpeg
Views: 387
Size:  76.3 KB
    That Tesla one is amazing
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    ute

this is one of the greatest moments in the internet. Enjoy it guys

My Ride
    2019 Peterbilt

So king Elon bans a bunch of celebrity accounts for mocking him.

Lol.

I think so far the only "meltdown" has been exposing his own hypocrisy.
    MAGA = My Ass Got Arrested.

Beware the passive aggressive Mean Girls. Vengie, Killramos, Penismightier, buster, jrscoolude, etc who bully others into their circle jerk opinion, serially negging you, while claiming they ignore you and don't obsess over you.

PSA. High school is not a popularity contest little girls

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

This is superb. None of this concerns me.

My Ride
    2019 Peterbilt

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    This is superb. None of this concerns me.
    Totally. It's just funny when the fake news/free speech assholes destroy themselves lol.

This is an epic crash course for Musk into normal human behaviour. I have often wondered if people as smart as he is, or Zuckerberg etc just can't relate to and therefore can't understand normal human psychology/sociology.

Tesla stock falling from like what? $1100 to under $200 is awesome.

Beware the passive aggressive Mean Girls. Vengie, Killramos, Penismightier, buster, jrscoolude, etc who bully others into their circle jerk opinion, serially negging you, while claiming they ignore you and don't obsess over you.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Tesla stock falling from like what? $1100 to under $200 is awesome.
    It's down but not $1100 to $200 down. It did a forward split.

My Ride
    2019 Peterbilt

Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    It's down but not $1100 to $200 down. It did a forward split.
    My bad. So 3 to 1? So $1229 to $190 today is still what, a 60% decline?

What a business man and free speech absolutist

Page 14 of 38 FirstFirst ... 4 13 14 15 24 ... LastLast