Thread: Another firearm debate (split)

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

How I picture Thacos tv

Name:  C1B36DF1-5D8D-4F5D-A722-9E8CAE4D9E8C.jpeg
Views: 280
Size:  118.0 KB
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Thaco is offline sucks off little boys (ya, don't fuck with rage2 bitch!!!)
    My Ride
    Rage2

Quote Originally Posted by Sentry View Post
    Thaco what size tv you got? I'm here slumming it with a 42", I could use a free upgrade
    it's insured. free upgrade for me win win
    User title molested by Rage2.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    It's not the size that matters, it's the taste it leaves in your mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    No logic, thought, input, etc from cult member...

My Ride
    Turbo stuff

These big companies, they just write it off

Quote Originally Posted by Thaco View Post
    anybody who has any expectation of needing their weapons for self defence, will not have them properly stored, thy'll be in their night table drawer or somewhere close to them while they're sleeping.... chances are you wouldn't know someone is there, until they are right there in your room.

even this situation states they didn't even know about the first break in immediately, if the intent was bodily harm, it would have happened.
    Disagree.

I have trained many Albertans and Canadians on courses that are specific to self defense shooting - the vast, vast majority of them have their safe storage solutions well in hand, and are NOT storing their firearms "on the nightside table" or some other dumb crap. A biometric or other rapid opening safe is a cheap and easy option which meets safe storage laws in Canada while still giving you access in a few seconds or less to your firearms if required. I don't prefer the bio safes myself, I prefer a manual non-battery reliant locking system, which can be accessed just as quickly as a biometric locking device - I have a long gun one that is a push button combo as well as a very small single handgun one, with the locking system in the shape of a human hand, the buttons being on the fingertips, which makes using it in no/low light conditions easy. These can be mounted anywhere, under a desk, to a bedframe, whatever.

You're just assuming things based on your own biased opinion regarding firearms storage, again, of the hundreds of Canadians I've trained (over 1000 at least), on this specific subject and type of firearms use, none that I know of are storing their firearms in such a stupid fashion - stupid in any country, including here. I will say that there certainly will be some yahoos who aren't storing their firearms properly, but the majority are WELL aware of our restrictive gun and storage laws, and don't want to risk the minimum 5 years for breaking any of these laws, plus the 10 year firearms ban that comes with that.

So far as not knowing someone is there, this part of your argument has at least some validity. Early warning is FAR more important than firearms on this particular subject. I've said this many times before - all close quarter combat, particularly with firearms breaks down to these three things - Time/Distance/Cover. They all relate to one another, and are all equally important, but time is always placed first for a reason. The earlier you get warning of a threat on your property, the more time you have to make better decisions. IMO people don't spend enough time and other resources on this facet of protecting their homes and family. That said, it doesn't take much to make your place a very, very hard target, and most importantly, have systems set up that will ensure you get ample early warning should somebody trespass on both your property as well as your actual structure. There are also other things that are just as, if not more important than firearms. Communication systems (back up cell phones that are charged, even without a plan they can access the 911 system, ie placing these in a safe room gives backup comms if needed), first aid items (if you or a threat is wounded, frequently L/E won't let the medics in until the area is declared "safe", meanwhile you or a threat could be bleeding out from an otherwise survivable wound) like tourniquets, quick clot, etc, flashlights, body armor - there are so many other things that should be considered as well. Lastly, a fur missile is hands down the very best early warning radar you can have.

I'm going to be back in Calgary near the end of May. If you want to come by our place then, I'll be happy to demonstrate what I'm talking about here.
    Last edited by Gman.45; 05-09-2022 at 09:32 PM.

Haven't finished reading through this yet, just wanted to get ahead of the curve and enjoy Thaco doubling down on stupidity.
    If I had known you guys would end up being such bitches, I would’ve opened the parenting forum.

And finished the thread, as expected, full retard from Thaco.

#albertaseparation will possibly get us castle law I think. Is there a reason we can't have castle law in Alberta already? Just notwishtstanding clause that shit.

Elderly family friend's house was broken into at night while they were home last week. The criminals do not give a single fuck.
    If I had known you guys would end up being such bitches, I would’ve opened the parenting forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Gman.45 View Post
    Disagree.

I have trained many Albertans and Canadians on courses that are specific to self defense shooting - the vast, vast majority of them have their safe storage solutions well in hand, and are NOT storing their firearms "on the nightside table" or some other dumb crap. A biometric or other rapid opening safe is a cheap and easy option which meets safe storage laws in Canada while still giving you access in a few seconds or less to your firearms if required. I don't prefer the bio safes myself, I prefer a manual non-battery reliant locking system, which can be accessed just as quickly as a biometric locking device - I have a long gun one that is a push button combo as well as a very small single handgun one, with the locking system in the shape of a human hand, the buttons being on the fingertips, which makes using it in no/low light conditions easy. These can be mounted anywhere, under a desk, to a bedframe, whatever.

You're just assuming things based on your own biased opinion regarding firearms storage, again, of the hundreds of Canadians I've trained (over 1000 at least), on this specific subject and type of firearms use, none that I know of are storing their firearms in such a stupid fashion - stupid in any country, including here. I will say that there certainly will be some yahoos who aren't storing their firearms properly, but the majority are WELL aware of our restrictive gun and storage laws, and don't want to risk the minimum 5 years for breaking any of these laws, plus the 10 year firearms ban that comes with that.

So far as not knowing someone is there, this part of your argument has at least some validity. Early warning is FAR more important than firearms on this particular subject. I've said this many times before - all close quarter combat, particularly with firearms breaks down to these three things - Time/Distance/Cover. They all relate to one another, and are all equally important, but time is always placed first for a reason. The earlier you get warning of a threat on your property, the more time you have to make better decisions. IMO people don't spend enough time and other resources on this facet of protecting their homes and family. That said, it doesn't take much to make your place a very, very hard target, and most importantly, have systems set up that will ensure you get ample early warning should somebody trespass on both your property as well as your actual structure. There are also other things that are just as, if not more important than firearms. Communication systems (back up cell phones that are charged, even without a plan they can access the 911 system, ie placing these in a safe room gives backup comms if needed), first aid items (if you or a threat is wounded, frequently L/E won't let the medics in until the area is declared "safe", meanwhile you or a threat could be bleeding out from an otherwise survivable wound) like tourniquets, quick clot, etc, flashlights, body armor - there are so many other things that should be considered as well. Lastly, a fur missile is hands down the very best early warning radar you can have.

I'm going to be back in Calgary near the end of May. If you want to come by our place then, I'll be happy to demonstrate what I'm talking about here.
    #micdrop

Also, link to safe you're using please! I'd like to see other options

My Ride
    Nissan x2

it's insured. free upgrade for me win win
    Can you watch tv with a bullet in your head? Must be part of your package policy.

Break into my home and all rules and laws don’t apply, don’t give a shit. It’s going to be really hard for dead guy to defend himself from the grave.

My Ride
    Rage2

Quote Originally Posted by jutes View Post
    Can you watch tv with a bullet in your head? Must be part of your package policy.

Break into my home and all rules and laws don’t apply, don’t give a shit. It’s going to be really hard for dead guy to defend himself from the grave.
    but they do apply, that attitude is the exact reason most civilians cant be trusted with guns

^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    11sec S14, Lux Family Bus, VQ35HR

Part of me wants them to live, sans knees. I want them to tell the cops that they tried to get into the bedroom despite hearing warning and warning shot but tried to get in anyway because the voices in his head told him there was a costco doritos aisle in that bedroom, but suddenly his knees didn't work anymore.

Its a small part of me.

My Ride
    2019 Peterbilt

but they do apply, that attitude is the exact reason most civilians cant be trusted with guns
    Exactly. For every single responsible gun owner, there are or would be 10 fucking idiots i woudnt want anywhere near a gun.

Especially if we can carry. Then you'd be forced to carry cause of the idiots.

So yeah, back to its a privilege you'd have to work HARD to earn, do something every 3 to 5 years to keep (like driving test, or medical, or proficiency), and like driving, registration, and insurance.

My Ride
    11sec S14, Lux Family Bus, VQ35HR

Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    Exactly. For every single responsible gun owner, there are or would be 10 fucking idiots i woudnt want anywhere near a gun.

Especially if we can carry. Then you'd be forced to carry cause of the idiots.

So yeah, back to its a privilege you'd have to work HARD to earn, do something every 3 to 5 years to keep (like driving test, or medical, or proficiency), and like driving, registration, and insurance.
    That's some good points. Your first point is why I don't hunt on crown land, just to avoid the redneck with a rifle seeing a minority also with a rifle.

I'd even be open to some sort of periodic psychiatric assessment. Can you imagine the honking from that?

My Ride
    Rage2

Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    Can you imagine the honking from that?

^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    2019 Peterbilt

Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    That's some good points. Your first point is why I don't hunt on crown land, just to avoid the redneck with a rifle seeing a minority also with a rifle.

I'd even be open to some sort of periodic psychiatric assessment. Can you imagine the honking from that?
    It's entitlement society.

Hey, you can't have good healthcare, but MY right to own a gun shall not be infringed.

Honking idiots.

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Best way to deal with criminals is to ensure they aren’t alive, like with breaks-ins, to defend themselves.

My Ride
    Rage2

Best way to deal with criminals is to ensure they aren’t alive, like with breaks-ins, to defend themselves.
    well, that seems like a good way to get in close proximity to a lot of criminals in your new home... but you wont have to worry so much about property theft.

^^ Fact Checked

Vengie - long gun fast open safe, mine is similar to this - https://www.amazon.ca/V-Line-Quick-A.../dp/B000T2A6BW

There are hundreds of different handgun quick open safes available, again, mine I don't use biometrics, not that I'm against it, it's just not having batteries/power is one less point of failure in something that if needed, will be in a life/death situation.

Some people I know bolt their handgun quick open safe to the bottom of a bedframe, or even the side of it. Having loaded magazines inside of a safe/vault along with the restricted firearm/handgun is perfectly legal, and you don't need trigger locks in a safe/vault either. So it meets the safe storage threshold so far as the firearms act goes, yet still gives access to a rapidly deployable defensive system.

Most of my firearms/ammunition are stored in a purpose built room, but where we sleep there is alternate storage units, as said.

My Ride
    Turbo stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Gman.45 View Post
    Vengie - long gun fast open safe, mine is similar to this - https://www.amazon.ca/V-Line-Quick-A.../dp/B000T2A6BW

There are hundreds of different handgun quick open safes available, again, mine I don't use biometrics, not that I'm against it, it's just not having batteries/power is one less point of failure in something that if needed, will be in a life/death situation.

Some people I know bolt their handgun quick open safe to the bottom of a bedframe, or even the side of it. Having loaded magazines inside of a safe/vault along with the restricted firearm/handgun is perfectly legal, and you don't need trigger locks in a safe/vault either. So it meets the safe storage threshold so far as the firearms act goes, yet still gives access to a rapidly deployable defensive system.

Most of my firearms/ammunition are stored in a purpose built room, but where we sleep there is alternate storage units, as said.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5