Quantcast
Another firearm debate (split) - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 98

Thread: Another firearm debate (split)

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    DT 780
    My Ride
    LEXUS LX470
    Posts
    1,206
    Rep Power
    29

    Default Another firearm debate (split)

    Another reason why firearms have no place in canadian society. Wait wut?

    Another reason why firearms are essential in canadian society.
    Tap, Rack, BANG!

  2. #2
    Thaco's Avatar
    Thaco is offline sucks off little boys (ya, don't fuck with rage2 bitch!!!)
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Rage2
    Posts
    3,796
    Rep Power
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by littledan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Another reason why firearms have no place in canadian society. Wait wut?

    Another reason why firearms are essential in canadian society.
    insurance is easier than jail.
    User title molested by Rage2.

    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's not the size that matters, it's the taste it leaves in your mouth.

    Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Turbo stuff
    Posts
    3,206
    Rep Power
    41

    Default

    Insurance won't help you if you're dead.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Nothing worth mentioning.
    Posts
    1,156
    Rep Power
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sentry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Insurance won't help you if you're dead.
    Will insurance help if someone tampers with my sulfuric acid pit?
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    "Look at my small penis everyone,"


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    1,359
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by littledan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Another reason why firearms have no place in canadian society. Wait wut?

    Another reason why firearms are essential in canadian society.
    Theft of property doesn’t exactly justify shooting someone.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Stampede Central
    My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'
    Posts
    2,184
    Rep Power
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Inzane View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Theft of property doesn’t exactly justify shooting someone.
    Disagree

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Homeless
    My Ride
    Blue Dabadee
    Posts
    8,083
    Rep Power
    73

    Default

    I am a thorough supporter of shooting way more people.

    This country is full of idiots.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

    If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    DT 780
    My Ride
    LEXUS LX470
    Posts
    1,206
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Inzane View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Theft of property doesn’t exactly justify shooting someone.
    Agreed.

    But cowering in your basement wondering if someone is going to come down the stairs and murder you is no way to live. Have firearm, instruct thief to leave property, stand ground, if they come towards you with a weapon then your life is in danger and you protect yourself and your family. If they turn and flee or don't come toward you, that's a clear no-shoot scenario. IF they steal the keys on the way out, you don't shoot them in the back. But at least you have a chance to protect your family.

    Also depends what property they are stealing. Would you let them just waltz out with your dishwasher? or your lawnmower? (aka wife and kid)
    Tap, Rack, BANG!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    S.E. (not the drrty south)
    My Ride
    Natural gas, and natural gas accessories
    Posts
    7,993
    Rep Power
    68

    Default

    How would a firearm have changed this scenario though?
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The AHS system is quite good.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Turbo stuff
    Posts
    3,206
    Rep Power
    41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How would a firearm have changed this scenario though?
    Shoot the Caravan and put it out of its misery

  11. #11
    Thaco's Avatar
    Thaco is offline sucks off little boys (ya, don't fuck with rage2 bitch!!!)
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Rage2
    Posts
    3,796
    Rep Power
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How would a firearm have changed this scenario though?
    the only way firearms would have changed it is to escalate it in to someone being injured or killed, and someone going to jail, regardless of how it happened.

    i could not imagine a situation where a responsible firearms owner would have their home broken in to in the night, and know for a fact that they or some other human were in danger of losing their life, and have time to retrieve their properly stored firearms and ammunition from the safes and used as appropriate force in defense to prevent bodily harm.





    the only thing guns would do is make situations like this, property theft, turn much worse.
    Last edited by Thaco; 05-08-2022 at 10:22 PM.
    User title molested by Rage2.

    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's not the size that matters, it's the taste it leaves in your mouth.

    Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Stampede Central
    My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'
    Posts
    2,184
    Rep Power
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thaco View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    the only thing guns would do is make situations like this, property theft, turn much worse.
    Yes the severity would go way up,
    but you don't think the likelihood of someone willing to be a thief would go way down compared to our current system of slap-on-the-hand?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    calgary
    Posts
    1,658
    Rep Power
    47

    Default

    Two things
    1) Biometric safe
    2) You weren't invited into my home, steal my shit and threaten my family.

    What happens after that is on them.

  14. #14
    Thaco's Avatar
    Thaco is offline sucks off little boys (ya, don't fuck with rage2 bitch!!!)
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Rage2
    Posts
    3,796
    Rep Power
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwslam View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes the severity would go way up,
    but you don't think the likelihood of someone willing to be a thief would go way down compared to our current system of slap-on-the-hand?
    i think the likelyhood of that criminal obtaining weapons from other (unoccupied and irresponsibly stored weapons) break ins would go up significantly, escalating future activities more and endangering more lives.
    Last edited by Thaco; 05-08-2022 at 10:30 PM.
    User title molested by Rage2.

    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's not the size that matters, it's the taste it leaves in your mouth.

    Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

  15. #15
    Thaco's Avatar
    Thaco is offline sucks off little boys (ya, don't fuck with rage2 bitch!!!)
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Rage2
    Posts
    3,796
    Rep Power
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vengie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Two things
    1) Biometric safe
    2) You weren't invited into my home, steal my shit and threaten my family.

    What happens after that is on them.
    anybody who has any expectation of needing their weapons for self defence, will not have them properly stored, thy'll be in their night table drawer or somewhere close to them while they're sleeping.... chances are you wouldn't know someone is there, until they are right there in your room.


    even this situation states they didn't even know about the first break in immediately, if the intent was bodily harm, it would have happened.
    Last edited by Thaco; 05-08-2022 at 10:40 PM.
    User title molested by Rage2.

    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's not the size that matters, it's the taste it leaves in your mouth.

    Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    calgary
    Posts
    1,658
    Rep Power
    47

    Default

    What is your definition of properly stored?

  17. #17
    Thaco's Avatar
    Thaco is offline sucks off little boys (ya, don't fuck with rage2 bitch!!!)
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Rage2
    Posts
    3,796
    Rep Power
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vengie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What is your definition of properly stored?
    The law's definition.
    User title molested by Rage2.

    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's not the size that matters, it's the taste it leaves in your mouth.

    Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    calgary
    Posts
    1,658
    Rep Power
    47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thaco View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The law's definition.
    What is your interpretation of the law?

  19. #19
    Thaco's Avatar
    Thaco is offline sucks off little boys (ya, don't fuck with rage2 bitch!!!)
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Rage2
    Posts
    3,796
    Rep Power
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vengie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What is your interpretation of the law?
    my "interpretation" is what it says...
    "
    Always unload and lock your firearms. They can be locked up separately or with other firearms in the same container.

    For non-restricted firearms:

    attach a secure lock, such as a trigger lock or cable lock, or remove the bolt
    lock the firearms in a cabinet, container or safe room
    "


    Even if you store it in your night table, which can still be stolen and later have the lock defeated to be used in future crimes...


    by the time you know someone is there, they're in your room, imagine some crackhead is in your room, he's watching you, you have time to grab your gun, disable the cable or trigger lock, load the gun, and fire at him, before you've been attacked?
    User title molested by Rage2.

    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's not the size that matters, it's the taste it leaves in your mouth.

    Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    calgary
    Posts
    1,658
    Rep Power
    47

    Default

    You're ignoring or are uneducated in the subject, and that's fine.
    A large piece to your argument is gun storage. You are correct a cable lock through the action or a trigger lock is required OR locked and secured in a safe.

    A biometric safe is unlocked in 2 seconds, a shotgun can be stored with the action open, and a secondary biometric safe for ammo can be within your original safe.

    Locked and loaded in ~7 seconds. Not to mention the sound of a 12 gauge racking would likely be enough to scare someone away.

    Edit: A pistol is a stupid choice for home defense, especially in Canada.
    14" 12 gauge with 1x non lethal followed by 5x birdshot
    Last edited by vengie; 05-08-2022 at 10:58 PM.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Bill C-223 the new firearm act introduced into its first reading

    By jdmXSI in forum Society / Law / Current Events / Politics
    Replies: 15
    Latest Threads: 04-23-2016, 03:05 PM
  2. Do you currently own a firearm/firearms?

    By speedog in forum General
    Replies: 0
    Latest Threads: 04-23-2016, 08:23 AM
  3. Hunting / firearm Aficionados

    By hrdkore in forum Sports, Health & Fitness
    Replies: 2
    Latest Threads: 09-24-2013, 08:33 AM
  4. WTT: euro Recaro cl1 seats for restricted or non restricted firearm

    By Shlade in forum Fitness & Sports Equipment
    Replies: 0
    Latest Threads: 12-20-2012, 07:54 PM
  5. Handgun & firearm club reccomendations???

    By badseed in forum General
    Replies: 32
    Latest Threads: 03-20-2005, 11:03 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •