Quantcast
Electric Vehicle MEGA Thread. - Page 13 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3 12 13 14 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Electric Vehicle MEGA Thread.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Interesting move by Ford and hopefully it'll properly shift them to online sales.

Ford To Cancel All Dealer Stock Orders Of The 2023 F-150 Lightning After Quality Control Check (Update) (jalopnik.com)

If I'm understanding it right, Ford cancelling all Lightning orders that aren't already pre-sold to people. Shifting all new orders to be online rather than via dealer.
    Ford reached out to us with an official statement as to why the company is canceling dealer stock orders of ‘23 model year Lightnings. Ford says that the cancellations are being done due to the changes in model year; giving dealers the chance to order 2024 model year Lightnings
    It's a nothing story?

And I'm sure they want to control stock before dealers start discounting them too much.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Pretty common for some orders near the end of the order window to be cancelled or converted to the new model year. Possibly more than usual because this is hot selling model, but does seem like a nothing deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Name:  IMG_6317.jpg
Views: 452
Size:  277.9 KB

Little over 4 months with the Ioniq 5 and still very much loving it. City range is pretty consistently 550-600km, highway range is around 380km doing 120+. Lifetime average is 17.5kWh/100km with probably 70% highway driving.

With my old car taking premium my guess is I would’ve spent 1,200 in gas. Instead I’ve spent about 140 in electricity at home and about 120 at rapid chargers so far.

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Name:  IMG_6317.jpg
Views: 452
Size:  277.9 KB

Little over 4 months with the Ioniq 5 and still very much loving it. City range is pretty consistently 550-600km, highway range is around 380km doing 120+. Lifetime average is 17.5kWh/100km with probably 70% highway driving.

With my old car taking premium my guess is I would’ve spent 1,200 in gas. Instead I’ve spent about 140 in electricity at home and about 120 at rapid chargers so far.
    Sweet.

In 13 months I put on 43000kms and have saved ~$5500. I think I’ll always own an EV appliance, they’re just not great as primary cars. As a secondary it’s hard to beat.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Mini EV update. Daily commute appears to use about a third more energy with using the heater. Leaving the car out late one night I gotta say I actually prefer EV for winter weather too. The car is toasty warm in just a few minutes as you don't have to wait for the engine to warm up to then get heat to the cabin.

My only gripe so far is via the app I can remote start, set the hvac temp, start the defroster / mirrors, and the heated steering wheel. Yet for some dumb reason the heated seats are not an option to turn on. Peasant life.

My Ride
    F10M/F87/NA2/W220/V90/E46ZHP/SE3P/DC2

Is EV demands in NA drying up? Every dealer are stuck with EV inventory, they cant give them away.. the consumers that wanted one already has one, the ones that dont want one wouldnt likely switch anytime soon.

IMO PHEV is the proper answer. best of both worlds

My Ride
    Family Hauler

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    General EV discussion thread.

I think the Hyundai Ioniq 5 looks badass. And it's much bigger than it looks. Someone went off-topic elsewhere and compared it to a VW Golf, but it's more than a foot longer, and 4 inches wider.

Anyway, Electric Vehicle discussion here guise.
    Hey I never knew this thread existed. I like the Ioniq 6

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Team_Mclaren View Post
    Is EV demands in NA drying up? Every dealer are stuck with EV inventory, they cant give them away.. the consumers that wanted one already has one, the ones that dont want one wouldnt likely switch anytime soon.
    Too pricey. What you get for a base model EV ($45g Chevy Bolt), is a decent ICE car.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

My Ride
    Family Hauler

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    Too pricey. What you get for a base model EV ($45g Chevy Bolt), is a decent ICE car.
    Some people here are quoting $3-5k a year savings on gas. Not bad.

My household uses maybe 300 in gas a month, possibly less so my payout might take longer were I to indulge

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Gas savings aside my EV just drives so much nicer than anything else I've had. But the prices are too steep to be economical at the moment. It does look like smaller/cheaper EVs are coming over the next few years. Tesla model 2, Kia is doing a EV4 (or 3?), and GM is supposed to have a new generation of Bolt with their better battery platform.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by Ukyo8 View Post
    They can't even build enough of them that Honda rage quits.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a4...suv-cancelled/

Prologue and ZDX will be the only GM built Honda EVs.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    They can't even build enough of them that Honda rage quits.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a4...suv-cancelled/

Prologue and ZDX will be the only GM built Honda EVs.
    GM and Honda announced this week they’re cancelling their EV partnership. GM has massively struggled with their battery supply and looks like a lot of their things are being delayed and announcing they’ll miss their EV sales goals. They’re flopping hard.

2023 EV6 LONG RANGE GT-LINE 2

Drove it for about 2 weeks now, put about 1500k on it. Not my car, just taking it for fun

Range is decent, I drive about 40k each way to work so range could be an issue. I dont have a level 2 charger at home so the level 1 over night would give me like 40k range. Good thing I can charge at work so it's less of a problem.
    Not having to gas up is kinda cool, i find myself looking at gas prices but not giving a shit is definitely a plus.

I'm just not sure if it's a 60-70k car... for that price, there a better ICE options and the savings is not there for the 5-7 years that people usually hold onto their cars...
    They are pretty interesting cars, I really like their design language.

The EV6-GT's started showing up on dealer lots out here, and with little or no markup. Kind of a bargain given the performance.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Yup. Tbh even just hybrids have been great for us. 50% fuel savings, excellent drivability, don’t think I can go back to pure ice car again.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I think right now, it's easy enough for someone who prefers ICE to justify staying with ICE, and also, if you prefer EV, it's not hard to justify EV. I don't think either opinion is "wrong" in any way. Right now, the value proposition is a coin flip, except for some edge-cases on each side.

PHEV is attractive to a lot of people who are on the fence, like my family, not because it's a perfect technical solution, but because it feels like a nice small incremental step.

The Ioniq 5 or 6 would totally have sufficient range for the vast majority of users if they have no other objection. But it's still a moderately expensive car, at "around sixty grand". For a lot of people, the capital cost is hard to justify.

Great time for car buyers, lots of options, and there's also the performance hybrids like the bawssmann drives, which are superb as well if you have the money.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Akio Toyoda can say I told you so now.

Ford is slowing down spend and focusing on hybrids, Hertz is complaining about EVs being expensive to fix and low profit, GM and Honda are slowing down on EVs. Seems the early adopters have adopted.

I saw a news video comparing EVs to Flat screen TVs. Waiting will get you a better model for less money which keeps people from pulling the trigger.

- - - Updated - - -

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

I think it’s just showing the car makers that actually pushes in versus the ones that just half assed it for the sake of having an ev. The Hyundai / Kia / Genesis platform is doing great and has 8(?) models on it now between the brands. Volkswagen is also doing really well with their id4 though most of their production is in Europe than here.

My Ride
    F10M/F87/NA2/W220/V90/E46ZHP/SE3P/DC2

I think it’s just showing the car makers that actually pushes in versus the ones that just half assed it for the sake of having an ev. The Hyundai / Kia / Genesis platform is doing great and has 8(?) models on it now between the brands. Volkswagen is also doing really well with their id4 though most of their production is in Europe than here.
    I think you're pretty biased in that statement. Hyundai/Kia has a surplus inventory problem with their EVs as well. While I do believe that their tech is ahead of some other manufacturers, they still face the same challenges of shirking demand,

Toyota is definitely doing it right, fuck the EV and going hybrid which everyone loves. Akio Toyoda pretty mcuh saves Toyota from going the wrong way.

My Ride
    Nissan x2

What's the used market like for EV's? If the new ones aren't selling, there must be a large inventory sitting at used car lots.

Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3 12 13 14 23 ... LastLast