Quantcast
What was your first car mod(s)? - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: What was your first car mod(s)?

My Ride
    Pushbroom

Quote Originally Posted by BavarianBeast View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Injen cold air intake on a 2006 cobalt ss supercharged. Still one of the loudest whines I’ve ever heard from a blower.
    I always had a soft spot for those cars. Loved how you could get the color matched interior.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Dating myself here, but 5% purple tinted rear quarter windows with No Fear stickers.

It was a different era.

The year was 1992. I bought a brand new 1993 Civic EX sedan (EX-Vs were rare) and promptly outfitted it with a set of 13” ASA 5 stars, GTS headlight covers, and a “Mugen Power” decal all from Contemporary Motorsports. Jan Cerato was a legend!

My Ride
    something green

Mine was a '77 Dodge Ramcharger that had been flipped end over end into a ditch by my mother. My Dad got the windshield frame straightened on it, however it was still pretty warped so when I was 14 my Dad gave me the green light to start replacing body panels on it. I painted wrecker yard panels with Canadian tire color match spray cans, originally blue and white. Eventually I got T-boned by a drunk in the northeast when I was 16, and I took the whole truck flat black and grey, repaired the damage from pickyourpart, back when pickyourpart was just a muddy field and an atco trailer.
    First mods were:
    -Camouflage seat covers that were washable and instant dry that my Mom made out of some special tent fabric from somewhere.
    -Best top soft top, the place we bought it from said originally they would install it for the sell price, then changed their mind when the top arrived and they read the instructions. My Dad and I drove the truck to their shop and back home in -30c weather without any top on the truck for nothing. I'll never forget the image of my Dad driving with a big fur coat and motorcycle helmet on.
    -took a hammer to the air cleaner lid to do the flip over to get the whawwww sound when flooring it.
    -Learjet stereo with 6x9's all from Army and Navy. I only had my learners license when I got the stereo so I would sit out in the truck in the backyard listening to Ride the lightning and Kill 'em All, it was 1987.
    -Put in used 727 automatic and transfercase a little while after getting my drivers license. I Learned the difference between internal and external balance when I tried to use a 318 converter on a 360 and the truck vibrated like crazy.
    -converted it from automatic to standard after I found that my driving style at 16 was really hard on automatics.
    -4bbl carb/intake and headers in grade 12
    -Did a home brew 4" body lift and 2" add leaf with 33's
    -Got a used hard top, it didn't fit well because of previous accident, welded it and a used roll bar in permanently because none of the bolt holes lined up. The top came with a external rack which was cool for lights and cb antenna.
    Couldn't find a decent body tub for the truck so I put the Ramcharger up for sale , sold for 1000.00 bucks.
    Name:  IMG-20111120-00038.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  354.6 KB
    Too loud for Aspen

My Ride
    Turbo stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Sentry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    1992 Honda Civic Si
    Turbo!
    Incoming shitty old photobucket pics
    Attachment 106351
    Attachment 106352
    Attachment 106353

I got this Civic when I was 18 and has just started my first full time job, but was living with my parents so could easily afford the GReddy turbo kit for the D16. It was very cheap for what it was, got it from Titan Racing for 1500 USD. (Yeah Titan the Supra guys, I guess they were a Greddy dealer.)
    Name:  FB_IMG_1653282491063.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  252.6 KB

I forget what was first, but it was either the neon plate frame or my ghetto warm air intake with a K&N bolted to exhaust pipe with rubber couplings, lol.
    Originally posted by killramos
    It's a Chrysler, it won't last long enough to depreciate.

My Ride
    Pushbroom

Anyone else remember LED washer nozzles? Yes, I had some. Underglow too. Ugh.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3