Quantcast
Passport renewal delays - Page 7 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Passport renewal delays

My Ride
    2011 Ralliart SB

I think there might be less applications but I assume the Calgary staff are gonna be dragging ass.

The filtering urgent requests gives me hope, but 2 applications and 4 days off work seems like government service at its finest.

Wife told me a crazy story though, once you get in the second room they line you up in chairs and shuffle people down as they take the smaller groups into the actual passport office. Some lady in front of my wife went to the washroom or something for 20 minutes around noon, lost her chair in the shuffle so they put her at the last chair in the 2nd waiting room. She didn’t make the final cut to see anyone at 2:30 when they sent everyone past the last 20 or so home. So lined up at 5, waited in line for 8 hours and told to come back another day. Was kinda her fault, but also bad timing, and despite people vouching for her it sounds like there wasn’t any slack.

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

lol, breaking news, Herr Trudeau has finally announced a plan to plan a solution.

"The task force will drive action to improve the processing of passports and immigration applications by identifying priority areas for action and outlining short- and longer-term solutions, with a focus on reducing wait times, clearing out backlogs, and improving the overall quality of services provided to Canadians."

Shouldn't that have been done over 3 months ago? I guess he was too busy planning his trip to Rwanda to take notice as to what actual Canadians are up to.

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by davidI View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    lol, breaking news, Herr Trudeau has finally announced a plan to plan a solution.

"The task force will drive action to improve the processing of passports and immigration applications by identifying priority areas for action and outlining short- and longer-term solutions, with a focus on reducing wait times, clearing out backlogs, and improving the overall quality of services provided to Canadians."

Shouldn't that have been done over 3 months ago? I guess he was too busy planning his trip to Rwanda to take notice as to what actual Canadians are up to.
    That's mean. I think it's obvious that for the past 3 months, Heir Justin was planning who would be on the committee that would then embark on the selection process for the task force .
    *Along with reviewing and approving the committee members selection and recommendations.

My Ride
    2011 Ralliart SB

Biggest improvement could be their intake. Again, wasn’t there, but on the first appointment, wife spent about 20minutes with someone who went over all her documents, and a big checklist in 3-4 minutes then spent 15 minutes opening a file for the application.
    Last appointment she was told all they do when generating a file is basically create the file for the file number and add your name. Either the creation process in unexplainable long, or complicated or he kept screwing up. But you should be able to create a new record, enter a name, and scan the 4-5 required documents in 15 minutes. All they did in that 20 minute session was open the file, visually skim the documents then put the whole package in an envelope to get lost out East.

At least if it was digital they could near instantly transfer the file to another office and do any digital work for printing at the 2nd location instead of waiting for the physical file to be re-found, scanned, transferred then prepped for printing.
    Last edited by colsankey; 06-26-2022 at 01:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    That's a new one. We're same situation, and we just have to present the court documents. We actually have to bring all the docs whenever we travel, but never had to contact the dad.
    New for me as well. We are a blended family as well and the bio father wasn't called at all. They wouldn't forward the application until they spoke with him. Perhaps it was a one of.

My Ride
    2011 Ralliart SB

In good news, wife got a call late yesterday afternoon to say the passport should be ready at 1:00 today. She showed up around 12 and there seemed like 100 people in front of her at the pickup line but it seemed to move reasonably fast. By around 245 she had the passport so we are good to go for Monday.

My Ride
    4x4

Quote Originally Posted by spike98 View Post
    New for me as well. We are a blended family as well and the bio father wasn't called at all. They wouldn't forward the application until they spoke with him. Perhaps it was a one of.
    Not a one off, 2021 revisions to family law resulted in a lot of court orders needing to be updated. As there's new words and phrases to be used - that in most cases aren't in the <2021 orders. And a lot of the government agencies now look for those specific words/phrases - even mine (written 6-7 weeks after changes were enacted) - there's issues with one specific word that's in a sentence dispensing with consent - so it's a useless line now because the phrase isn't exactly as they want to see it.

Got the passport today that was applied for in March.
    20 min wait time and regular mail payment.
    That's your baseline if anyone does it the original way.

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Finally, a Trudeau government solution to the problem - buy 801 chairs so people don't need to stand in line

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/grab-a...airs-1.5974916

Hilarious.
    Also I know for a fact that a government surplus store locally has a ton of chairs that could be used.
    But let's buy new and spend money.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

If government doesn't spend, the economy would literally stop in les than one week. Facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Finally, a Trudeau government solution to the problem - buy 801 chairs so people don't need to stand in line

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/grab-a...airs-1.5974916
    Chairs will come from a the quebec company.

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by jutes View Post
    Chairs will come from a the quebec company.
    Need to complete L'engineering d'analysis that the floor can sustain the added load of le chairs.
    *Calls SNC

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

you spelled sidewalk wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Went last week under the 48 hour travel line. Got there at 8am, out of there by 1pm. 3.5 hours in the waiting queue, 1.5 hours at the window.

3 kids passports done, 2 were expired, one expiring in 16 months but they let us do that one too just to sync them all up. The biggest wait was of course the stepson’s passport, they needed multiple people to go over all the court orders as well as previous court orders that was referenced which wasn’t signed (just draft copies) which resulted in the court order that gave us full passport control. Apparently that alone wasn’t enough to supersede any previous orders? It seems like a really pointless setup because these clerks aren’t lawyers, it’s like asking beyond to interpret legal documents and come up with a reason not to proceed for the hell of it. Anyways after a second opinion they processed it and we got them 2 days later. Glad that mess was over.

Other interesting things, like others have mentioned, in the waiting room if you go for a bathroom break and everyone shuffles up and you’re not there, you go to the back of the line. Don’t bring coffee or you’re gonna have to piss and you’re gonna get screwed.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    changes every year

Surprise surprise my kids passport isn't here yet. A week overdue. I did a form online which will take 3 days for someone to get back to me, but at the bottom of the page says probably wont be 3 days.

I could have sworn there was a number to call about it, but can't find it for the life of me.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

A week overdue?

Have you read the thread lol.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

2002civic is offline Held my GTI hostage and got unbanned
    My Ride
    19 SQ5/22 Pilot BE/18 RS3

Went to the South office today. got there at 7:40am, was out at 9:15am, but had to book an appointment since I don't fly until Aug 12th. They booked me in tomorrow...so can't do it today, but tomorrow is ok.

No wonder everything is so backed up when you have to do everything twice.

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Quote Originally Posted by 2002civic View Post
    Went to the South office today. got there at 7:40am, was out at 9:15am, but had to book an appointment since I don't fly until Aug 12th. They booked me in tomorrow...so can't do it today, but tomorrow is ok.

No wonder everything is so backed up when you have to do everything twice.
    Sweet, thanks. I might try the South office tomorrow. Line up at Harry Hays was 5.5 hours this morning according to their website. Sundance didn't update at 09:30 but at noon they said only 1.5 hours.

2002civic is offline Held my GTI hostage and got unbanned
    My Ride
    19 SQ5/22 Pilot BE/18 RS3

Sweet, thanks. I might try the South office tomorrow. Line up at Harry Hays was 5.5 hours this morning according to their website. Sundance didn't update at 09:30 but at noon they said only 1.5 hours.
    Yeah when I got to Sundance it was lined up around the building. When I left the lineup was half that so getting there before 8:30 might be a waste.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 ... LastLast