Quantcast
Receiver/AMP with 2 Zone function question - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Receiver/AMP with 2 Zone function question

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Default Receiver/AMP with 2 Zone function question

Beyond - School me

What I'm trying to do is run my home theater 7.2ch, and a separate 2-speaker on Zone 2. Can I run an HDMI input from the TV into the main Zone of the receiver, and use apple play or bluetooth to stream a simultaneous signal to Zone 2??

I want to listen to music while the TV is being used by other family members.

I think some Yamaha units use the app for this function. Looking for a budget friendly setup.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    Toyota’s

I haven't used it myself but if I understand the manual right, my Denon S760H does that. Its a 7.2ch and has zone 2. The manual says you just plug in your Z2 speakers in the rear surround plugs and can do just that...but then you don't have rear surrounds available for 7.2 surround? See link: https://manuals.denon.com/AVRS760H/E...SYuqfktfgx.php

I'm thinking if thats the standard, you'll need a 9.2 AVR

Depends on the model of really. Some models use some of your surround channels for zone 2, others have additional dedicated channels for it. When shopping you're looking for a multi-zone, multi-source to receiver.

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Quote Originally Posted by birdman86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I haven't used it myself but if I understand the manual right, my Denon S760H does that. Its a 7.2ch and has zone 2. The manual says you just plug in your Z2 speakers in the rear surround plugs and can do just that...but then you don't have rear surrounds available for 7.2 surround? See link: https://manuals.denon.com/AVRS760H/E...SYuqfktfgx.php

I'm thinking if thats the standard, you'll need a 9.2 AVR
    You could be right on the money about the 9.2.

However this is what I looked at that seems to satisfy everything. Price is a little on the high side, but if it works it works.

https://www.visions.ca/product-detai...=RXV6A-OPENBOX
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft