Party car - now with more party - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Party car - now with more party

My Ride
    06 S2000

What's that LED light behind the grill?
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    My car sounds like shit.

My Ride
    party car

Quote Originally Posted by Sentry View Post
    Does it throw a "wrench" light or dash message? If they are too aggressive with the driver demand torque tables in the low throttle/cruise area it can cause plausability (IPC) errors and put the car into limp mode (ETC FMEM)
    It does throw a 'wrench' light - this totally makes sense. I may pass this along to the tuner - thanks for the insight!

Quote Originally Posted by LilDrunkenSmurf View Post
    What's that LED light behind the grill?
    It's an intake light from Velossa tech (https://www.velossatechdesign.com/) - it's a ram air that feeds into my intake box under the hood
    I like things with wheels.

I am digging the look of that - ans nice China town shot. Part of me wonders if you'd get pulled over for that light?

My Ride
    party car

Quote Originally Posted by Chantastic View Post
    I am digging the look of that - ans nice China town shot. Part of me wonders if you'd get pulled over for that light?
    I've driven by a few officers with it on, and haven't gotten pulled over. I try to keep it very light purple when I'm moving so the vibe is similar to the DRLs on a Ford F350, or like them squares in the Golf R drls

My Ride
    Pushbroom

Love that car! Nice work!

My Ride
    party car

So.. it's been a minute since I updated this thread. It's been an adventure since November last year...

We were on the last bits of the calibration and decided to do a health check on the car before we did the last dyno tune in December. Mostly since we couldn't figure out where the coolant leak was coming from and why the car would randomly hit limp mode.

Took the car over to RCTS to do a pressure test - and 5 days later... it's the head gasket.... yaaay. They didn't torque the head properly, so of course it leaked

Name:  IMG_2866.jpg
Views: 276
Size:  273.0 KB

So over the winter, we had to rebuild the engine and do the head gasket. We had the shop do a huge once-over on the car, because if they didn't torque the head, what else did they miss?

I also forgot to mention that they (Mountune) didn't seal the rear main - so when we took it for it's maiden voyage, there was oil everywhere and we had to take the transmission out and fix that up.

The original engine builder (Mountune) didn't respond to our questions for specs or suggestions for parts at all - they ghosted us on the phone and on email. It's been really hard to deal with them, they're really no help at all - I was so very tempted to fly over to their shop to chat with them about the engine and if they could help us. We reviewed their warranty and we ended up voiding the warranty by DIY'ing the engine install vs having a shop do the installation

The findings from the shop were not as bad as I thought it would be, it was only the head and then the valve lashings that they were able to find.

We managed to get the car back together 3 days before driven - and the car won Best in Class Ford at Driven

Name:  8CF61873-CA44-47EF-B169-418DCD64A765.jpg
Views: 274
Size:  230.1 KB

This is amazing and all, but then as we're driving the car to the wrap shop to put the new livery on - we notice some blue smoke (and the car is STILL leaking)

Back to the shop it goes. The head gasket is fine (thank fuck), the coolant leak was a hose that they didn't tighten correctly...

... the blue smoke, however, that's the turbo. The turbo seals are slowly going because we overspun it with the previous engine and tune, so now on idle I emit a bunch of smoke (sorry world)

Guess we're going bigger turbo now....

Name:  AF0D1987-4F3D-4992-B346-984FF3C7F805.jpg
Views: 279
Size:  265.3 KB

(also, check out the chassis bracing... )

It was a tough winter, but so happy that the engine is in a good state. The car runs so nicely now that it can finally breathe - the tune that we have on the car right now has a few missing spots, so we're waiting to hear from our tuner on if they want to do a tune on a dying turbo or we wait.

... hopefully, the next update is better!
    Last edited by reiRei; 08-03-2023 at 11:28 AM.

My Ride
    Ralli Machine

Who are you getting to wrap your car? What is the rough costs to do it? I love whoever did it.
    Cos...

My Ride
    Toyota’s

Thats a huge bummer that Mountune ghosted, I know they're super busy but IMO a crate engine buyer should be #1 priority.

Speaking of Mountune... I have their radiator if you want/need an upgrade. Not really sure why I bought it, my bean has never had issues with heat so far.

Edit: Looks like you've already upgraded the rad actually

My Ride
    party car

Quote Originally Posted by The Cosworth View Post
    Who are you getting to wrap your car? What is the rough costs to do it? I love whoever did it.
    So the wrap was also an adventure - The original matte purple was done by Custom Decals, but it was just an okay job. (There's a whole story around it, feel free to PM me about it)

I had a few panels rewrapped by a guy (literally a random guy that a friend knew)

The new gloss purple was wrapped by a shop called Croaked - Zac had a Fiesta so I knew he'd do awesome at the shapes for the stripes. He did really great, and would recommend him!

I've heard good experiences about Elite and that's usually where I send people.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by birdman86 View Post
    Thats a huge bummer that Mountune ghosted, I know they're super busy but IMO a crate engine buyer should be #1 priority.

Speaking of Mountune... I have their radiator if you want/need an upgrade. Not really sure why I bought it, my bean has never had issues with heat so far.

Edit: Looks like you've already upgraded the rad actually
    I did indeed - went with the Mishimoto rad and it's pretty thicc

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3